Pub Pubs

Started by Mayo4Sam, December 23, 2011, 12:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

You know what I'm talking about, no music, a snug, no metal fittings, wooden floor and when you ask for a pint they either know you or assume its a pint of guinness you're looking for, a pub pub as I call it, where you go in with a few lads for a chat and you just arrange to see them there but no specified time.

Ballina: Doherty's down by the bridge, a lovely pint and nice and quiet.

Dublin: Cassidys beside the bleeding horse, the long hall on George's st, Slatterys Rathmines and to a lesser extent Kehoes, O'Donohue's baggot st, Nearys.

Cork: some great pubs but the Hi-B, mutton lane inn, castle bar/inn and the oval all in town and the south county and O'Sullivan's in Douglas.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

mc_grens

GAABoard: A Hardy & Sons- Licensed Vintners.

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on December 23, 2011, 12:38:58 AM
You know what I'm talking about, no music, a snug, no metal fittings, wooden floor and when you ask for a pint they either know you or assume its a pint of guinness you're looking for, a pub pub as I call it, where you go in with a few lads for a chat and you just arrange to see them there but no specified time.

Dublin: Cassidys beside the bleeding horse, the long hall on George's st, Slatterys Rathmines and to a lesser extent Kehoes, O'Donohue's baggot st, Nearys.

Cork: some great pubs but the Hi-B, mutton lane inn, castle bar/inn and the oval all in town and the south county and O'Sullivan's in Douglas.

Just had 6 creamy ones in there happy days!
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

5 Sams

Quote from: gerrykeegan on December 24, 2011, 05:26:17 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on December 23, 2011, 12:38:58 AM

Just had 6 creamy ones in there happy days!

Was in there two Monday's ago...great pints and the place was buzzin...
The Aristocrat Years

Mayo4Sam

Was in the long stone there at the weekend, nice pint, nice beer garden, if a little too warm, good pub
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Denn Forever

The Gravediggers Bar though heresy, its a pint of Smithwicks.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

JUst retired

I was in a bar on New Years night in Clonmel, I think it was called the Bridge bar. It was as good a pub as I have been in,in a long time. The owner was very friendly as I was never in there in my life,being from Co.Armagh he sat and chatted with us for quite a while. Will definitelt go back there when I`m in Clonmel again.

ballinaman

Kennedys - Drumcondra

omaghjoe

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 01, 2015, 11:06:32 PM
Quare crawl

http://www.newstalk.com/This-Japanese-man-aims-to-drink-a-pint-in-every-Dublin-pub

:o

You could say no bother, 3 a night and I should be well through

But what about when you miss a day or two here and there, you could need an almighty session to catch up.

Is he doin it all by bus? Wud take some organising, would likely get confusing to especially when your pinting the whole time.