Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on May 18, 2024, 10:41:13 PMBrilliant from Anto Cacace. What a warrior.

That performance from Cacace was right up there with the best we've seen from an Irish boxer. Delighted to see it. Always been one step forward 2 steps back with his career. The video of Frampton cheering him on was brilliant.

JimStynes

Quote from: square_ball on Today at 08:32:42 AMI think a lot of you lads are judging the overall fight on that 1 round in the 9th and then thinking Usyk should be winning comfortably. Looking at those scorecards they look fair enough imo. Fury had plenty of success in the middle rounds, Usyk done well at the start and end and then a few rounds hard enough to score.

Carl Frampton had it 6 rounds each and then with the knockdown Usyk wins 114-113. Though I agree with the above it Fury could/should have been stopped by the ref in the 9th. Seen fights stopped for less.

Exactly this. It was a close fight except for round 9.

Wildweasel74

Boxer advancing forward all the time,is looked favourly  by judges, there were alot of even rounds,  but Fury was on the back foot all night. Ref should let the 9th go another few seconds. Fury been dropped or the ref would had stop the fight, didn't do either but given him a standing count. It was never a split decision though. I still though Uysk won by at least 2.

square_ball

You can't let a round go on another few seconds just to see what happens. If the bell goes the bell goes. It was strange scenario in fairness. Fury would have been better taking a knee then holding on for the final few seconds. Easier said than done of course as Fury was all over the show.

nrico2006

Quote from: square_ball on Today at 01:01:12 PMYou can't let a round go on another few seconds just to see what happens. If the bell goes the bell goes. It was strange scenario in fairness. Fury would have been better taking a knee then holding on for the final few seconds. Easier said than done of course as Fury was all over the show.

Too brave for his own good. The effort expended staying up was worse for him in the long run rather than if he had went down and took the count.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'