Started by tonto1888, September 26, 2017, 09:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhandefender

Quote from: Syferus on October 26, 2017, 12:04:52 PM
Quote from: mrhardyannual on October 26, 2017, 11:25:10 AM
Quote from: Syferus on October 26, 2017, 10:07:12 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 26, 2017, 09:43:45 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 25, 2017, 04:29:56 PM
It is ok to admit you're wrong once in a while.

I wouldn't hold my breath. He has form for refusing to accept he made a mistake even when shown up. In his world, if he thinks it, it must be so, regardless of anything else.   

..and yet Donnelly wasn't even added at the second chance. What was that about refusing to apologise, trueblue? You're going to now, surely?
Not sure who's winning which argument when the 6ft claiming Mattie is overlooked (read pun or irony if required) by Sean Powter a 5' 8" claiming forward.

I've figured out your error.

What an idiot, Donnelly is 6 foot

sligoman2

Great to see Niall Murphy on the panel.  Strong lad with great accuracy.  He also did a very good job on the county final commentary Shown on YouTube. 

You should be very proud of him Seanie.  Personally I think and hope he will be captain of Sligo this year...
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

magpie seanie

Quote from: sligoman2 on October 26, 2017, 12:46:41 PM
Great to see Niall Murphy on the panel.  Strong lad with great accuracy.  He also did a very good job on the county final commentary Shown on YouTube. 

You should be very proud of him Seanie.  Personally I think and hope he will be captain of Sligo this year...

We are very proud of him. A couple of lads pricing flights and hoping to go over to support. There was talk about him since he was 9 or 10 in the club and it's been great to see him develop over the years. Not sure we've had a Sligo captain since the 1930's or so (open to correction) so that would be tremendous also.

I heard him commentating on Harps/Marys and he seems to have done a great job on the county final too. Personally I hope he's playing in it more than commentating on it at least in the next 5-10 years!

Syferus

Quote from: sligoman2 on October 26, 2017, 12:46:41 PM

Murphy is a class player.

Wildweasel74

Donnelly 6ft but wasn't overly;y impressive this year ad was no-where to be seen against Dublin, the real problem against the aussies is he lack the pace required, in a way abit like A`O`Shea but hes nearly a 6ft 5in monster under the high ball, Donnelly aint

Captain Obvious

Here's the Ireland squad in full:

Goalkeeper (1)

Niall Morgan (Tyrone)

Defenders (9)

Chris Barrett (Mayo)
Eoin Cadogan (Cork)
Killian Clarke (Cavan)
Peter Crowley (Kerry)
Brendan Harrison (Mayo)
Paul Murphy (Kerry)
Karl O'Connell (Monaghan)
Zach Tuohy (Laois)
Sean Powter (Cork)

Midfielders (6)

Kevin Feely (Kildare)
Pearce Hanley (Gold Coast/Mayo)
Michael Murphy* (Donegal)
Aidan O'Shea* Mayo)
Enda Smith* (Roscommon)
Gary Brennan (Clare)

Forwards (7)

Paul Geaney (Kerry)
Conor Mc Manus (Monaghan)
Niall Murphy (Sligo)
Conor Sweeney (Tipperary)
Shane Walsh (Galway)
Niall Sludden (Tyrone)
Niall Grimley (Armagh)

*Could also play in attack

List of the 2017 All Star nominations not named on the panel for one reason or another

Stephen Cluxton ,Jack McCaffrey, Cian O'Sullivan, Michael Fitzsimons, Philip McMahon, John Small, Jonny Cooper,James McCarthy, Brian Fenton ,Ciarán Kilkenny, Con O'Callaghan, Paul Mannion, Dean Rock (Dublin)

David Clarke,Keith Higgins, Lee Keegan, Colm Boyle,Tom Parsons,Andy Moran,Kevin McLoughlin, Jason Doherty, Cillian O'Connor (Mayo)

Tadhg Morley,Kieran Donaghy, James O'Donoghue (Kerry)

Pádraig Hampsey, Tiernan McCann,Colm Cavanagh,Peter Harte, (Tyrone)

Caolan Mooney,Connaire Harrison (Down)

Patrick McBrearty (Donegal), Jamie Clarke (Armagh), Daniel Flynn (Kildare) Conor Devanney (Roscommon), Fintan Kelly (Monaghan).

longballin

Dublin players have their priorities right. Contrived nonsense this...

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Throw ball

Further to the Mattie Donnelly discussion. A good Gaelic footballer I thought he had a poor game the last time he played. Maybe the game doesn't suit him and Big Joe sees that.

mrhardyannual

I wouldn't hold my breath. He has form for refusing to accept he made a mistake even when shown up. In his world, if he thinks it, it must be so, regardless of anything else.   

..and yet Donnelly wasn't even added at the second chance. What was that about refusing to apologise, trueblue? You're going to now, surely?
Not sure who's winning which argument when the 6ft claiming Mattie is overlooked (read pun or irony if required) by Sean Powter a 5' 8" claiming forward.

http://www.gaacork.ie/playerProfile/7378/sean_powter
Not my error (and I would own up to one if I made one). Cork GAA site profiles Powter as a forward which is where he played in the U-21s v Mayo

Syferus

Quote from: mrhardyannual on October 27, 2017, 12:19:37 AM

http://www.gaacork.ie/playerProfile/7378/sean_powter
Not my error (and I would own up to one if I made one). Cork GAA site profiles Powter as a forward which is where he played in the U-21s v Mayo

Given he played as a back for the seniors and is being treated as one for the international rules, it isn't me that's clutching at straws here.

omochain

Great to see young Grimley make the panel. He has improved exponentially over the last two years. I hope the upward trajectory continues. Armagh need it badly.

TabClear

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 26, 2017, 10:00:40 PM

Goalkeeper (1)

Niall Morgan (Tyrone)

Defenders (9)

Chris Barrett (Mayo)
Eoin Cadogan (Cork)
Killian Clarke (Cavan)
Peter Crowley (Kerry)
Brendan Harrison (Mayo)
Paul Murphy (Kerry)
Zach Tuohy (Laois)
Sean Powter (Cork)

Midfielders (6)

Kevin Feely (Kildare)
Aidan O'Shea* Mayo)
Enda Smith* (Roscommon)
Gary Brennan (Clare)

Forwards (7)

Paul Geaney (Kerry)
Niall Murphy (Sligo)
Shane Walsh (Galway)
Niall Sludden (Tyrone)
Niall Grimley (Armagh)

You might be giving the Laois men  false hope there on Zach Tuohy by omitting his Geelong allegiance! He was outstanding for them this year.

JoG2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 26, 2017, 10:00:40 PM

Goalkeeper (1)

Niall Morgan (Tyrone)

Defenders (9)

Chris Barrett (Mayo)
Eoin Cadogan (Cork)
Killian Clarke (Cavan)
Peter Crowley (Kerry)
Brendan Harrison (Mayo)
Paul Murphy (Kerry)
Zach Tuohy (Laois)
Sean Powter (Cork)

Midfielders (6)

Kevin Feely (Kildare)
Aidan O'Shea* Mayo)
Enda Smith* (Roscommon)
Gary Brennan (Clare)

Forwards (7)

Paul Geaney (Kerry)
Niall Murphy (Sligo)
Shane Walsh (Galway)
Niall Sludden (Tyrone)
Niall Grimley (Armagh)

List of the 2017 All Star nominations not named on the panel for one reason or another

Stephen Cluxton ,Jack McCaffrey, Cian O'Sullivan, Michael Fitzsimons, Philip McMahon, John Small, Jonny Cooper,James McCarthy, Brian Fenton ,Ciarán Kilkenny, Con O'Callaghan, Paul Mannion, Dean Rock (Dublin)

David Clarke,Keith Higgins, Lee Keegan, Colm Boyle,Tom Parsons,Andy Moran,Kevin McLoughlin, Jason Doherty, Cillian O'Connor (Mayo)

Tadhg Morley,Kieran Donaghy, James O'Donoghue (Kerry)

Pádraig Hampsey, Tiernan McCann,Colm Cavanagh,Peter Harte, (Tyrone)

Caolan Mooney,Connaire Harrison (Down)

Patrick McBrearty (Donegal), Jamie Clarke (Armagh), Daniel Flynn (Kildare) Conor Devanney (Roscommon), Fintan Kelly (Monaghan).

I enjoy the compromised rules, but delighted the Derry men are being held back for the Div 3 campaign