favourite/best nicknames???

Started by kinghen, July 29, 2008, 03:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

I know a fella called ting ting.  he was named that as a young lad after he got knocked off his bike by an ambulance.  The ting ting bit comes from the sound of the bell on his bike when he got knocked down.  :D :D

laceer

heard of a boy down the garvaghy road called 'woody da' - his oul boy is called 'woody da's da'

screenexile

Draperstown is shocking for family nicknames... here's a few

Kelly - Dan, Dargin, Heamy, Neilly, Bull

McWilliams - Silky, Peter

McCloskey - Firdubh, Dick

Kennedy - Tam, Farmer

Quite funny actually, there are lods more too like the Paden's, the Peter O's.. .one of them's name is actually Jim Joe so he's caled Jim Joe Peter O... very strange!

Rav67

A fella I know had brittle bones and would break different bones all the time when he was younger, he's been known as "Fragile" since, quite a harsh but inventive nickname for 11/12 yr olds to dish out!

The best family nickname round Ballerin has to be Mule (got given for being stubborn apparently)

Tyrones own

QuoteAlso fella with bad acne in school-'Jam Sandwich face'

Poor cub at our school got "beans on toast" for the same reason :-X

Heard of another lad that was called #14 cause they figured he was twice as stupid
as the mule in thon o'l T.V show called #7 :D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

The Blegard

Quote from: Puckoon on July 29, 2008, 05:02:28 PM
I think there's a fella who plays for St Galls and he goes by Mickey Chicken wing - due to a shortened arm.

I work with a guy like this. He is called the clock. His mate is the afterbirth because he is good for nothing
Ceol,Dole agus Ol

nrico2006

QuoteQuote from: gallsman on July 29, 2008, 05:05:32 PM
I think there's a fella who plays for St Galls and he goes by Mickey Chicken wing - due to a shortened arm.

Rossa, and a cracking hurler he is too.

Dungannon, I think.

Yep.  Plus, Dungannon is a while place for nicknames - know a few such as trendy, glowsticks or lockjaw.

I'm sure everybody knows a few lads called 'spud', and its usually to do with the size of their head.  A fella I know was called Dildo for years, I mean away before you were old enough to know what one was - he was just a big massive lad.  I know a lad called Scone aswell and I don't think anybody realises why he is called that.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Quote from: The Blegard on July 30, 2008, 11:45:51 AM

I work with a guy like this. He is called the clock. His mate is the afterbirth because he is good for nothing

Mickey Wing I think it is now. I think his hand is sort of at his elbow or something. Not sure if he's from St. Gall's though he is from a Belfast Club. He was a noted hurler back in the day and I even played football against him out in Canada. He is currently the Derry Senior Hurling trainer!

theskull1

Quote from: screenexile on July 30, 2008, 11:56:12 AM
Quote from: The Blegard on July 30, 2008, 11:45:51 AM

Mickey Wing I think it is now. I think his hand is sort of at his elbow or something. Not sure if he's from St. Gall's though he is from a Belfast Club. He was a noted hurler back in the day and I even played football against him out in Canada. He is currently the Derry Senior Hurling trainer!

Mickey was a Rossa man when up in Belfast. Decent hurler he was and a trecherous wee hoor as well when he wanted to be.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Chrisowc

Mother and daughter both quite rotund.

Mummy boobs & baby boobs.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Hoof Hearted

Not sure where he is from but a boy who was adopted is called Rent-A-Cub - -how the f**k do people think of them !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

nrico2006

QuoteMickey was a Rossa man when up in Belfast. Decent hurler he was and a trecherous wee hoor as well when he wanted to be.

Aye, he played with Rossa but I think he might have originally been from another club in the City.  He was on the Tyrone panle last year as he is the Tyrone Hurling Officer and is living in Dungannon or Cookstown and plays with Eoghan Ruadh. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Chrisowc

Local chip shop called Brown's, where there are 2 particular 'beauties' working there known as Brown's cows
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

fred the red

Quote from: Chrisowc on July 30, 2008, 04:12:03 PM
Local chip shop called Brown's, where there are 2 particular 'beauties' working there known as Brown's cows

Dromore?

Aerlik

I used to work with a fella from Scotland called Calum Murray, here in Oz.  Of course the Oz pronunciation turned it into "Calam Marray" so he got "squid".
A mate is "manners" his real name is Brad Manning and he was a bit of a larakin so he became Bad Manners.
Another is Kelpie as he used to be the one everyone sent on errands and do the crap jobs in the hangar.
And a mate's surname is Found, so the boss called him Lostin which became Losty.  Quite appropriate for a now Qantas pilot.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!