NFL Division 2 2010

Started by Cúig huaire, October 02, 2009, 10:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Just goes to show, if we hadn't fecked up against Tipp, we would be in the promotional shake up but for 1 loss were almost facing a drop. Not to take anything away from Tipp but just goes to show how the league is fairly fraught with danger, 'one loss and your gone'. Would be great if the teams in all leagues brought a more fighting attitude to it, so too the GAA
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

Have to say I'm enjoying most of the league games I've seen this year.
Except our games, of course.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

umpire

Surprise, surprise,

All games on Sunday is down for same time so no unfair advantage to any team. But....

Down v Laois,  Meath v Kildare,  Tipperary v Westmeath have nothing at stake, only pride or fringe players fighting for place in championship team.

Jinxy

Meath and Kildare should both give it a right go.
I think it's important to win your last league game.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Jinxy on March 29, 2010, 11:57:01 AM

I don't think Kildare are capable of giving it a right go, we'll send up our ladies they'll give you a better game...
#newbridgeornowhere

J70

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 29, 2010, 12:38:58 PM

I don't think Kildare are capable of giving it a right go, we'll send up our ladies they'll give you a better game...

You took us to the cleaners a couple of weeks back! What the hell happened?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: J70 on March 30, 2010, 12:06:28 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 29, 2010, 12:38:58 PM

You took us to the cleaners a couple of weeks back! What the hell happened?

Sh1t happened!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

armaghniac

Down v Laois,  Meath v Kildare,  Tipperary v Westmeath have nothing at stake, only pride or fringe players fighting for place in championship team.

Probably better to have teams with no continuing interest playing each other. Armagh and Donegal have an equal interest rather than one of them playing a team that has given up.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

armaghniac

QuoteIf Down and Armagh were to meet in the Div 2 final, would it be in Newry or would that be seen as a home match for Down?

It would probably be in Croke Pk with the Div 1 final. If not, then somewhere like Casement. There would be a reasonable crowd.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mournerambler

Division 1 & 2 NFL finals are a double header in Croke Park on Sunday 25th April.

T Fearon

An NFL 1 Final involving Dublin and a NFL 2 Final between Armagh and Down should well near fill Croker. Here's hoping that both the Dubs and Armagh can deliver this weekend ;D

western exile

Quote from: T Fearon on April 07, 2010, 12:44:18 PM
An NFL 1 Final involving Dublin and a NFL 2 Final between Armagh and Down should well near fill Croker. Here's hoping that both the Dubs and Armagh can deliver this weekend ;D
You should not underestimate the size of the Mayo support

drici

Donegal face Armagh without Walsh
By Staff reporter
Tom Comack

Naomh Brid's David Walsh has been added to John Joe Doherty's walking wounded ahead of Donegal's final round League game with Armagh in O'Donnell Park, Letterkenny. (Throw in 2.30 pm).

Walsh picked up a nasty ankle injury in a club game over the weekend and is a major doubt for Sunday's winner-takes-all clash with the Orchard County and he joins Eoin Waide (ankle), Gareth Concarr (cruciate).

While the Naomh Brid man did not start last time out against Meath he has been a first choice for most of the Dr. McKenna Cup and league campaign and was also introduced as a substitute in the 1-12 to 0-10 victory over the Royals.

The manager is also sweating on the fitness of midfielder Brendan Boyle, who missed his club's league game with Glenswilly on Sunday with a groin strain.

"David (Walsh) got a kick just above the ankle in a club game at the weekend and he was very uncomfortable at training on Tuesday night. And looking at him he is in big bother for Sunday's game and to be honest it is hard to see him be fit for Sunday," Doherty told the Democrat.

"Brendan (Boyle) has been struggling a little with a groin injury though I would be more hopeful that he will be fine come the weekend and I would expect him to be in with a great chance of being fit enough to play."

With Eoin Waide and Gareth Concarr already ruled out, Doherty's options are greatly reduced though on the good news front he did report that Barry Dunnion has been going well in training and is in good shape again.

Neither Rory Kavanagh, who has returned from his travels, and Christy Toye, who has resumed action with his club after a lengthy layoff with an achilles heel injury, will be in the Donegal squad for Sunday's game though both are expected to return to the county squad in the next week or so.

Sunday's game is a big game for both Donegal and Armagh with both chasing a place in the league final with Down and promotion to Division One. And while a draw will do Armagh, Donegal need to win the game to make the decider and clinch the second promotion spot.

"It is good to be going into the last game with our destiny in our own hands. We know on Sunday if we win we are in the league final and we will be also back playing in the top division next season. We will be going all out to achieve that and win the game," said John Joe.

thejuice

Quote1   Down   7   38   13
2   Armagh   7   37   10
3   Donegal   7   2   8
4   Meath   7   -3   8
5   Laois           7   -5   6
6   Kildare   7   -6   6
7   Tipperary   7   -11   5
8   Westmeath7   -52   0

And so it is Armagh have another shot at Down in the final and have a place in Div1.

Division 2 teams for 2011

1. Donegal
2. Meath
3. Kildare
4. Laois
5. Derry
6. Tyrone
7. Antrim
8. Wexford (or is it Sligo?)
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Maiden1

Quote from: T Fearon on April 07, 2010, 12:44:18 PM

If it goes on head to head then it's Cork in the final and not Dublin.
There are no proofs, only opinions.