2 Down 2 2 0 0 1-28 0-16 15 4
3 Armagh 2 1 0 1 2-32 2-16 16 2
4 Kildare 2 1 0 1 1-25 1-24 1 2
5 Meath 2 1 0 1 2-16 0-25 -3 2
6 Laois 2 1 0 1 1-18 4-22 -13 2
7 Tipperary 2 0 0 2 1-19 2-30 -14 0
8 Westmeath 2 0 0 2 0-17 3-32 -24 0

armaghniac

Quotebut I think another two points each should make Down and Donegal safe, at least.

Even Down should manage two points against Laois/Tipp/Westmeath! If Donegal beat Kildare then they will be in good shape, Meath are only middling and they'll have Armagh at home.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: J70 on February 14, 2010, 04:48:34 PM
A few very weak looking teams in this division, at least going by Donegal's two games so far. How bad were Tipperary when they allowed Laois to build up a ten point lead? And Westmeath have been well beaten by Donegal and Armagh. We're no great shakes, so at this point, you would have to fancy Westmeath, Laois and Tipperary to be fighting it out for the drop. Still, there's only two games gone, so you never know, but I think another two points each should make Down and Donegal safe, at least.

Would agree with this, promotion is a possibility, I just hope we don't blow our load against Down and Armagh before the start of the Anglo-Celt against Down!
Tbc....

T Fearon

The Ulster Derby games in Div 2 this year, involving Armagh, Down and Donegal will far surpass in quality, the kicking matches in Div 1 between Derry, Tyrone and Monaghan.

Trevor Hill

amallon

Careful Tony that was almost a compliment you gave Down.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Should be a good match against Ciaran's men, think we can pull off a win.
Tbc....

J70

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on February 19, 2010, 12:27:27 AM

We don't have the best record down in Newbridge though. I will be pleasantly surprised if we get a result. Narrow defeat more likely, in my opinion.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: J70 on February 19, 2010, 03:17:15 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on February 19, 2010, 12:27:27 AM

We don't have the best record down in Newbridge though. I will be pleasantly surprised if we get a result. Narrow defeat more likely, in my opinion.

Hope your wrong, but yeah record not great and McGeeney has brought themon a fair bit.
Tbc....

Trevor Hill

An Dúnv Tiobraid Árann
Laois v Ard Mhacha
An Mhí v An Iarmhí
Cill Dara v Dún na nGall

I think the Saturday night games are bankers for Down, Armagh and Meath, but I think Kildare may be in much better shape for the visit of Donegal than they were for in the opening round. There will definitely be a surprise result after the 3 week lay off, I hope this is the game that gives it to us.

RMDrive

This will be Donegal's first big test of the league. With all due respect to Laois and Westmeath nothing but 2 wins was expected against them. With Doyle coming back for Kildare I think they will be well up for this and expect them to beat us by a couple of points.

Donnellys Hollow

Sunday looks like a toss of a coin between Kildare and Donegal really. Doubt there'll be much in it and 15/2 about the draw looks tempting. JD returning is a big plus but I'd worry about Murphy against our full-back line. Smith is back on the panel but he will probably be given a few weeks to feel his way back in. Rob Kelly and David Whyte are also out but Chalky and the fine wine Rainbow should be fit. Probably line out with something like this all going well:
McCormack
MacLochlainn  McGrillen  Bolton
White  Flanagan  Scanlon
Flynn  Earley
Kavanagh  Rainbow  O'Neill
Doyle  Donnelly  Ennis
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

illdecide

Quote from: Trevor Hill on March 03, 2010, 07:25:03 PM
An Dúnv Tiobraid Árann
Laois v Ard Mhacha
An Mhí v An Iarmhí
Cill Dara v Dún na nGall

I think the Saturday night games are bankers for Down, Armagh and Meath, but I think Kildare may be in much better shape for the visit of Donegal than they were for in the opening round. There will definitely be a surprise result after the 3 week lay off, I hope this is the game that gives it to us.

An Dúnv Tiobraid Árann (by 7pts)
Laois v Ard Mhacha (By 1pt)
An Mhí v An Iarmhí (By 5pts)
Cill Dara v Dún na nGall (Draw)

Down should win comfortable
Armagh never do it easy (except last match) and i expect a tighter match than most predict
Meath should win comfortable but i expect West Meath to improve a bit and put it up to thier rivals
Kildare and Donegal to serve up a draw
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Donnellys Hollow

Kildare team v Donegal - 7 March 2010 St Conleths Park Newbridge

1 Tom Corley (Moorefield)
2 Hugh McGrillen (Celbridge)
3 Damien Hendy (Castledermot)
4 Emmet Bolton (Eadestown)
5 Keith Cribbin (Johnstownbridge)
6 Mark Scanlon (Round Towers)
7 Gary White (Sarsfields)
8 Daryl Flynn (Moorefield)
9 Dermot Earley (Sarsfields)
10 David Whyte (Moorefield)
11 Pádraig O'Neill (St Laurences)
12 Johnny Doyle (Allenwood)
13 Ken Donnelly (Ellistown)
14 James Kavanagh (Ballymore)
15 Karl Ennis (Maynooth)

Not so confident after seeing that team. Brian Flanagan and Rainbow out due to injury. Corley returns between the sticks but there doesn't appear to be a lot between the two goalkeepers. I wouldn't mind seeing the lad from Clane who was on the u21s last week getting a run. He looked very accomplished against Westmeath.

Not sure whether the experiment of playing Cribbin at wing back will work. Both himself and Chalky will bomb forward and Scanlon will have a job on to hold the middle.

Can't remember the last time Damien Hendy started for Kildare - down in Tralee against Donaghy in 2008 maybe? Hope he does well because he's been a good servant down the years but I'd worry about him up against the likes of Colm McFadden and Murphy.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?