NFL Division 2 2010

Started by Cúig huaire, October 02, 2009, 10:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hill

The judge made the reccomendation that the money went to charity. The Garda got to choose the charity. In making the reccomendation the judge also stated that there was to be no civil case brought. In case you dont know it, the civil case was what we in the north call "a claim".
And how is breaking an arm at minor level any differernt to the injury the Garda received? At least the Garda still got his wages. I got a weeks sick pay and a lot of stick in work.

stephenite

What were you working at, at minor level?

Regardless, are you seriously suggesting that anyone who is badly assaulted whilst playing an amateur match resulting in having to suck through a straw for 8 weeks suffers the same than someone who has a fractured arm? Now that's ludicrous

Trevor Hill

Quote from: stephenite on February 09, 2010, 12:14:06 AM
What were you working at, at minor level?

At 18 I had nearly 2 years bricklaying done. There are were a lot of bricklayers in south Down.

Quote from: stephenite on February 09, 2010, 12:14:06 AM
Regardless, are you seriously suggesting that anyone who is badly assaulted whilst playing an amateur match resulting in having to suck through a straw for 8 weeks suffers the same than someone who has a fractured arm? Now that's ludicrous

As I said before you are assuming that the injured Garda was sucking through a straw for 8 weeks. How do you know this? Do you know him? Why the interest? If you cannot prove that he was sucking through a straw can we assume that you are talking through your hole?

stephenite

From Downgaa.net

Down GAA star James McCartan appeared in a Dublin court on Wednesday charged with assaulting an opponent. McCartan, denies breaking the jaw of Westmeath full-back Kenny Larkin during a match last May.
Judge Timothy Lucey was told that 19-year-old Mr Larkin, a trainee Garda officer, needed three metal plates inserted into his chin and had to wear a jaw brace for six weeks.Defence counsel Karl Finnegan said he would be contesting the manner in which Sgt Feeney said the injuries had occurred

I knew a guy that was a trainee Garda with Larkin at the time, so any evidence I have is purely anecdotal - however the piece above refers to a jaw brace being in pace for 6 weeks - this would suggest there was a minimum of 6 weeks straw sucking, but I've heard it was longer

my interest was sparked my your ignorant and ludicrous theory that a trainee Garda could manufacture a civil case against another player, on the grounds that he was a trainee Garda alone. I think you're the one talking shit :-*

Trevor Hill

Quote from: stephenite on February 09, 2010, 12:51:09 AM
Down GAA star James McCartan appeared in a Dublin court on Wednesday charged with assaulting an opponent. McCartan, denies breaking the jaw of Westmeath full-back Kenny Larkin during a match last May.
Judge Timothy Lucey was told that 19-year-old Mr Larkin, a trainee Garda officer, needed three metal plates inserted into his chin and had to wear a jaw brace for six weeks.Defence counsel Karl Finnegan said he would be contesting the manner in which Sgt Feeney said the injuries had occurred

I am sure that would have done his civil case no harm if the judge hadnt seen through it. As it stands James was not convicted of any assault and the Garda didnt get his claim.  ;)

Brick Tamlin

Right, time out folks...take that sh*te somewhere else. Back to the point of the thread please.
Great to get a win on sunday last and a nice start to the league but this saturday nights game against the royals will be a better test of some of Down's individuals.
Here's hoping that the lads put up another good performance and get a victory, be it by a one-point win or otherwise.

Down will need Dan back on board at some stage, if its a break and a rest he needs for whatever reasons then it has to be respected and left at that.

As for Dan Mc Cartan i really dont know what the fuss is all about. Iv seen many a Down panelist getting skinned for his club at various stages down the years, happens to the best of them. Cant believe people would still be of the opinion that he is only there due to his name. Some guys just dont like him and will criticise him at every opportunity no matter what he does. Give the lad a break ffs.

Trevor Hill

I raised the Dan McCartan issue on the Down thread as I think its a joke that some of our supporters seem to go to games to pick faults. As I said previously I though he settled after a shaky start and had a decent game. I think he gets treated badly by a lot of supporters simply because of who he is.

Trevor Hill

James Mc Cartan has decided to keep the faith with the 15 who faced Kildare in last weeks opening NFL clash in Newbridge.

Down looked very sharp against the Lilywhites but the Down manager has been at pains to point out that it is very early in the year to be making rash predictions of where his side will end up.

The last day out filled the Down faithful with hope nevertheless and arguably the most significant factor was that Down were not found wanting in the tackle. Their hunger against Kildare was impressive.

Meath go into this weekends clash with two points in the bag having defeated Armagh in the opening round, their appetite for another two points is assured.

Down can be sure that their inside forward line will not be given the same space to maneuver as they had the last day out.

Down will undoubtedly have their work cut out keeping an eye on the likes of John Queeney and Stephen Bray, both of whom registered goals against the Orchardmen last week.

Supporters are advised to arrive early for Saturday evening's match as there is a big crowd expected.

Down team to face Meath;

1. Brendan McVeigh (An Riocht)  Breandán Mac an Bheatha (An Riocht)
2. Daniel McCartan (Burren)  Dónal Mac Artáin (Boireann)
3. Brendan McArdle (Annaclone)  Breandán Mac Árdghail (Eanach Chluáin)
4. Damien Rafferty (Newry Shamrocks) Damien Ó Raifeartaigh (Seamrogaí an Íuir)
5. Kevin McKernan (Burren)   Caoimhín Mac Thiarnáin (Boireann)
6. James Colgan (An Riocht)  Seamás Mac Colgan (An Riocht)
7. Conor Garvey (Mayobridge    Conchúr Ó Gairbhith (Droichead Mhaigh Éo)
8. Ambrose Rodgers (Longstone) Ambrós Mac Ruairí (Cloch Fhada)
9. Kalum King (Bryansford)   Colm Ó Cionga (Áth Bhriain)
10. Conor Maginn (Bryansford)  Conchúr Mag Fhinn (Áth Bhriain)
11. Martin Clarke (An Riocht)   Mairtín Ó Cléirigh (An Riocht)
12. Daniel Hughes (Saval)       Dónal Ó hAodha (Sabhaill)
13. Paul McComiskey (Dundrum)   Pól Mac Cumascaigh (Dún Droma)
14. John Clarke (An Riocht)     Seán Ó Cléirigh (An Riocht)
15. Brendan Coulter (Mayobridge)  Breandán Ó Coltáir (Droichead Mhaigh Éo)

Atticus_Finch

Anyone any thoughts on how the Tipperary vs Kildare game should pan out ?
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Dinny Breen

Kildare are missing a complete forward line and will struggle to score added to the fact that we have issues in the full back line and with discipline in general,  throw in Tipperary's hunger and I'd expect Tipp to win it by 3/4 points. Travelling down more in hope than expectation.

#newbridgeornowhere

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 13, 2010, 12:32:35 PM
Kildare are missing a complete forward line and will struggle to score added to the fact that we have issues in the full back line and with discipline in general,  throw in Tipperary's hunger and I'd expect Tipp to win it by 3/4 points. Travelling down more in hope than expectation.

Cute hoor!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Onlooker

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 13, 2010, 12:32:35 PM
I hope you are right Dinny, but I know that you don't believe a word of what you posted and that you are confident of a win for Kildare. 

Dinny Breen

I'm not actually poor mouthing for once, we're missing the following

Eamon Callaghan,
Alan Smith,
Rob Kelly,
John Doyle,
Mickey Conway
Morgan O'Flaherty.
Karl Ennis and
Gary White.

We're not Kerry, Cork, Tyrone or Dublin we don't have an abundance of talent to call upon. Also the winter weather disrupted training plans and Kildare are still in the middle of very intense conditioning work with only nominal speed work been done. Geezer gambled that we'd get something from last weeks and this weeks game, alas it looks like a bad bet. I'd be delighted if Kildare win but Thurles is a big paddock and Tipperary are a good 2nd half team and expect them to win it the last quarter. Bet of the day, Kildare h/t Tipp f/t.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Hard to see where Kildare's scores are going to come from. With Rob Kelly out, only Kavanagh looks capable of scoring 4 or 5 points+ from play. If Tipp play like they did in the second half against Laois, they're more than capable of beating this Kildare team.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

J70

Donegal team to play Laois in Ballyshannon on Sunday...

1 Paul Durcan Four Masters, Donegal Town
2 James Keeney Bundoran
3 Neil McGee Gaoith Dobhair
4 Karl Lacey Four Masters, Donegal Town
5 Anthony Thompson Naomh Conaill, Glenties
6 Frank McGlynn Glenfin
7 Kevin Cassidy(Capt) Gaoith Dobhair
8 Neil Gallagher Glenwswilly
9 Barry Monaghan Four Masters Donegal Town
10 Conall Dunne Saint Eunan's
11 David Walsh Naomh Bríd, Ballintra
12 Stephen Griffin St. Naul's, Mountcharles
13 Colm Mc Fadden St. Michael's Dunfanaghy
14 Michael Murphy Glenswilly
15 Adrian Hanlon Dungloe

Need to win this one to have much of a chance of promotion. Not sure where Laois are compared to ourselves, but I guess we would be favourites with the game in Ballyshannon and a fairly strong side out (we're missing four or five first choice players, but most of those lads named have championship experience).