Round 5
Kildare v Westmeath

28.03.2010 (Sun)
Round 6
Westmeath v Down

11.04.09 (Sun)
Round 7
Tipperary v Westmeath

We must have the weakest county board out there, this is the 3rd year in a row that we have had four league fixtures away from home.  >:( >:( >:( This is the biggest year in a long while for Westmeath football and we don't even have the advantage of having 4 league games at home for once. If they were half as efficient as standing their ground on getting four home games as they were in going outside the county for a manager there wouldn't be an issue. There's not even a decent trip there to make a weekend of it...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Dinny Breen

QuoteWe must have the weakest county board out there, this is the 3rd year in a row that we have had four league fixtures away from home. 

Meet your brothers in Kildare, our 3rd year in a row with 4 games away  ???

And we're bloody away to Laois and Meath again  >:(
#newbridgeornowhere

stew

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 13, 2009, 06:11:28 PM
QuoteWe must have the weakest county board out there, this is the 3rd year in a row that we have had four league fixtures away from home. 

Quit yer whinging, our county board is far worse. :-[

Come to Armagh, go to the city hotel on the saturday night and then in the morning go watch the bullets out at callanbridge, that is some craic, i love to do that when I get home, after this hit Devlins bar or better still go to the Harps club and meet all the Harps posters on here and then head to the game, now that is a great weekend. ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 13, 2009, 06:11:28 PM

It's a bloody joke whoever signs these off, I remember last year 6 of our 7 games were at the same venue as they were the last time we played that opposition in the league. Not as bad this year, only home to Donegal, Laois and Down and away to Tipperary this time...  ::)
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Trevor Hill

Predictions for next weekends games.

Laois v Tipperary

Meath v Armagh

Kildare v Down

Westmeath v Donegal

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Trevor Hill on January 30, 2010, 01:43:22 PM
Predictions for next weekends games.

Laois v Tipperary

Meath v Armagh

Kildare v Down

Westmeath v Donegal

I hope somebody sets up the Spreads again.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: AFS on October 13, 2009, 01:22:43 AM
Meh  :-\

6/2/10 - Meath v Armagh

14/2/10 - Armagh v Westmeath

6/3/10 - Laois v Armagh

14/3/10 - Armagh v Kildare

20/3/10 - Down v Armagh

28/3/10 - Armagh v Tipperary

11/4/10 - Donegal v Armagh

Difficult to get that excited about that fixture list, really only the Down game stands out. I can see us scraping past them and Tipperary, and grabbing a big win out of the blue against one of the promotion challengers, to just about avoid relegation as usual.

Tough enough fixture list right enough. You'd llike to think we'll beat Down and Tipp but you could never be sure. Home to Westmeath is the key fixture I think, lose that one and we could be in serious relegation bother by the time O'Rourke heads to his home people.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

mackers

The last few years Armagh have had the "excuse" of missing the Cross players, this year there are no such problems. Relegation would really be a big disappointment with that in mind, we should be challanging for promotion with our hardest matches coming at the very start and the very end.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Jinxy

Quote from: thejuice on October 12, 2009, 05:02:30 PM

Quote06.02.2010 (Sat)   Meath v Armagh
13.02.2010 (Sat)   Down v Meath
06.03.2010 (Sat)   Meath v Westmeath
14.03.2010 (Sun)   Tipperary v Meath
20.03.2010 (Sat)   Meath v Laois
27.03.2010 (Sat)   Donegal v Meath
11.04.2010 (Sun)   Meath v Kildare

Promotion to Div 1 doesn't look too remote looking at those fixtures. But it depends on how Eamonn decides to approach the league, last year he must have been reading the team sheet upside down.

Only 2 games on Sunday for us. wonder at the reasoning for this.

We've no full-forward now that King is away! :D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jinxy

Martin McHughs Division 2 preview on RTE news didn't even include Meath.
Plenty of talk about Down & Armagh though.  ::)
If you were any use you'd be playing.

down desperado

i heard mchugh as well jinxy, he totally wrote off down and talked about how laois are so talented. Down beat laois home and away this last 2 years in the championship. In newry last year laois were dreadful, and the previous year in portlaoise, down were hammering them before clancy feigned a headbutt from dan gordon, and got him sent off. I dont know were he is coming from with his talented laois team.

Onlooker

I would not pay too much attention to what McHugh says.   IMO he is one of the worst commentators around.  I don't know why RTE could not have interviewed some one else.

Joe Umbrella (hey)

McHugh is a f@ckwit

At least most of our tv and raidio GAA commentators/panelists have some degreee of intellect or football knowledge, McHugh though is just a cliche man and he even can't get those right most of the time.

3 years ago, Donegal knocked Down out of the Ulster championship in Ballybofey. Down missed a 20 metre free with the last kick to draw the match, McHugh declared on the BBC that day that other than Kilkenny Down had the worst defence in Ireland - they only (just) conceded 1 score more than Donegal that day.

In the McKenna cup this year on highland radio he said something similar about Downs defence yet they only conceded 1 pt more than Donegal.

In the last 2 years, whilst not setting the world alight, Down won more competitive games than they lost, hence conceding less scores than the teams they were playing, unfortunatley Martin McHugh does'nt consider the facts when allowing the bullsh&t to flow from his bake.

AFS

Prediction:

1: Donegal
2: Kildare
3: Meath
4: Armagh
5: Down
6: Laois
7: Tipperary
8: Westmeath

western exile

Quote from: AFS on February 03, 2010, 06:44:30 PM
Prediction:

1: Donegal
2: Kildare
3: Meath
4: Armagh
5: Down

6: Laois
7: Tipperary
8: Westmeath

You are very close with that prediction, I think.   For sure, I would say that the 2  promoted will come from your top 5 and the 2  relegated will come from your  bottom 3