What was the best goal scored in an All Ireland final?

Started by BennyCake, April 08, 2020, 04:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vallankumous

TheOptimist

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 09, 2020, 12:03:10 AM
Deccie Meehan 2000.

I'm biased but haven't seen a better goal in a final than that one. Every pass from one corner of the field to the other was close to perfect. As was the finish.

No doubt Darby's is the most famous/important.

My God, Clancy's vision. He seen him run past, then swivelled and kicked without looking up again

BennyCake

Quote from: TheOptimist on April 24, 2020, 03:06:27 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 09, 2020, 12:03:10 AM
Deccie Meehan 2000.

I'm biased but haven't seen a better goal in a final than that one. Every pass from one corner of the field to the other was close to perfect. As was the finish.

No doubt Darby's is the most famous/important.

My God, Clancy's vision. He seen him run past, then swivelled and kicked without looking up again

I thought it was Paraic Joyce who passed to Meehan?

Twas a clinker anyway.

omaghjoe

Quote from: BennyCake on April 09, 2020, 06:04:31 PM
Jaysus, I just remembered Colm Cooper's goal in 2004 v Mayo.

Colm O'Neills goal in 2009 v Kerry wasn't bad either.

Id have this one overall.

Murphy's for finish, Meehan's for team goal

Milltown Row2

Just watched the Kerry Offaly final on RTE there, so tense those games and the celebrations afterwards looked awesome! Some crack in the changing rooms!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

omochain

I agree with J70. Has to be Oisin with a big shout out to Murphy😇

ONeill

Michael Murphy for me. Big expectations of the man before the game. 2 mins....nearly took net off the hinges. Poor Kevin Keane -  his worst nightmare didn't include this start. Donegal never looked back.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Ethan Tremblay

Murphy's goal was a brilliant full forwards goal, direct ball into a 1v1 contest on the edge of the square, the catch and power behind it. 

But gooch in 2004 was something else, similar to Murphy, he had to win the 1v1 but had to take on his man, he had a lot more to do I thought than Murphy and gets my vote
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Milltown Row2

Darby won a 1v1 on the wettest day at Croke against the best team, going for five in a row from a ball kicked in by the fullback (who was immense that day) and turn and put the ball into the roof of the net in the dying minutes of the game to win an historic All Ireland!

I suppose it depends on what you like, Murphys goal and The Gooch's both very good but this one from Darby just meant more (to me)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Hill is Blue

Jimmy Keaveney's early goal against Armagh in 1977 from under the Cusack Stand. It set the scene for the rest of the game.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8