Roscommon v Clare - AIQ R4A [23/07/16]

Started by Syferus, July 18, 2016, 08:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

There could be a serious Rossie backlash in this match.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Kurtz

doubt it, they looked completely off the pace at McHale Park

Was like Junior B v Senior

On paper they should win but it wont be easy

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: kerryforsam16 on July 22, 2016, 12:50:03 AM
Where is Niall Carty, Kevin Higgins, Donal Ward,Ciaran Cafferkey, Kevin Higgins and Cian Connolly? How come young Murtagh and Donal Shine not start Connacht final?
Ward and Cafferkey not on panel
Higgins only coming back from knee injury
Carty the same
Connolly had his jaw broken by some thug out playing New York
Its a mystery to most people why the younger Murtagh hasn't been starting or coming on as a sub. He is young and mightn't be full fit.
Donie Shine lacks a bit of pace and mobility but I'd always have him on the team at CHF to put accurate foot passes up the field and help out aerially at midfield. His long range free taking is less important due to the goalies taking 45s etc

Kurtz

Where is Niall Carty, Kevin Higgins, Donal Ward,Ciaran Cafferkey, Kevin Higgins and Cian Connolly? How come young Murtagh and Donal Shine not start Connacht final?

I think they are injured except for Murtagh no idea why he isnt playing

Ros have such a small pick any injuries fucks up the season but thats life in a small county

Syferus

Quote from: Kurtz on July 22, 2016, 10:04:18 AM

Ros have such a small pick any injuries f**ks up the season but thats life in a small county

Ward not on the panel. Caff rehabbed with the county from his cruciate injury and has been released to play football with his club. The rest are fit.

Rossfan

But obviously not fit enough for the "McFod" team picking app!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Kurtz on July 22, 2016, 10:01:35 AM

galway have the indian sign over Ros.

Rossfan

I know Seafìn, sure ye bet us in all 3 grades this year ;)
Just like the last 5 or 6 years.......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Kurtz

Quote from: seafoid on July 22, 2016, 11:07:27 AM
Quote from: Kurtz on July 22, 2016, 10:01:35 AM

galway have the indian sign over Ros.

everyone has the Indian sign over Ros
I think its lack of confidence. they also look jaded but that can sometimes be psychological

weareros

Hope we can get it together tomorrow. McHale going on GAA hour and individually criticising players by name does not inspire confidence. Not the first time this management has been blaming players. Nigel Dineen is still in the black book for criticising players after U21 final and he named no one. What are the current lot at at all? Well hopefully they will see their own mistakes and at bare minimum start Diarmiud, Enda, Ultan and Donie Shine in forwards tomorrow, play natural midfielders and put Nial Daly in his natural position in half back line tomorrow. Do that and I'd be confident of a tired win.

Syferus

Quote from: weareros on July 22, 2016, 11:38:40 AM
Hope we can get it together tomorrow. McHale going on GAA hour and individually criticising players by name does not inspire confidence. Not the first time this management has been blaming players. Nigel Dineen is still in the black book for criticising players after U21 final and he named no one. What are the current lot at at all? Well hopefully they will see their own mistakes and at bare minimum start Diarmiud, Enda, Ultan and Donie Shine in forwards tomorrow, play natural midfielders and put Nial Daly in his natural position in half back line tomorrow. Do that and I'd be confident of a tired win.

Nigel was put in the black book for saying the entire team didn't apply his gameplan, not because he mentioned a player by name..

weareros

Quote from: Syferus on July 22, 2016, 11:42:14 AM
Quote from: weareros on July 22, 2016, 11:38:40 AM

Nigel was put in the black book for saying the entire team didn't apply his gameplan, not because he mentioned a player by name..

I said Nigel named no players, in contrast to McHale who identified the failings of players by name. Horrid stuff to listen to at a time when they need to be building up players confidence given the short turnaround.

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on July 22, 2016, 11:20:55 AM
I know Seafìn, sure ye bet us in all 3 grades this year ;)
Just like the last 5 or 6 years.......
It is probably 70/30

If thé Ros lads have character they will get over the last day. They are not a bad team.

kerryforsam16

Quote from: Kurtz on July 22, 2016, 10:04:18 AM

Ros have such a small pick any injuries f**ks up the season but thats life in a small county

Are Ultan Harnwey and Tommy Corcoaran injured too? They some amount injuries and Compton only back too

Ringfort

Clare should win. It would be more of a surprise if Ros put in a 70 minute championship performance than a hungry Clare with momentum putting us on our arses again.