Louth Club Football and Hurling

Started by pedro, August 12, 2007, 11:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louth Exile

He is a commitee man who you speak about, came straight from work, mind you would be a bit to cold to be kitted out in the polo top on a night like that. The nerves get to him in tight games, therefore the smoking and the pacing away from the group. But I could see how he comes across as an exile alright.  :D

That is a class way of running the site, pity the ref from the other game didn't send his text! We'll know tommorow I'm sure.

St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Louth Exile

Who were your two wing forwards last night??
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Louth Exile

The brother was just curious as to who he was marking last night?

Louth Exile

Thanks for that. My predictions for the weekend....

Cooley beat Joes
Glyde beat Kilkerley
Marys draw with Mattock

We all end up in a four way play off  :D

Louth Exile

It would great if Glyde did just lose, there wouldn't be too many around that would have any sympathy for them anyway. Given that we have to beat Cooley or rely on results it would be great if LMFM were covering the matches. However, I very much doubt this, whereas I think that their coverage on Sunday is good for a local station that show on a Saturday is a disaster, full of FA soccer, Why? If people want to knows whats going on the premiership today fm is the station for them

Louth Exile

Be the lord.. Pats 1-13, Mals 4-10 .. another team comes into the relegation/playoff mix on saturday

Anyone at the game??

pedro

Was at the Pats vs Mals game last nite, yep 4-10 to 1-13. Pats were down by ten poiints in the first half, they let in 4-7 from play in the first half alone! :o
They came  into it a bit better in the second half but left themselves with way too  much to do. I reckon we were missing about 7-9 players from the championship team last nite, most importantly PK, Goss, D Finnegan, S Connor, S Finnegan so take those players out of any team and you're kinda screwed!!

On a side note, I wouldnt put too much money on the Pats for their Leinster game(s). Serious injury problems and they seem to be affecting the county players more than anyone else. Goss hada scan on some stomach/groin problem, not sure how long he's out for. Sean Connor dislocated his shoulder at trainin and worst of all, PK is looking to be out possibly until Christmas with a combination of groin and shoulder injuries. Word has it he may need an op to rectify the groin. Not good!

Could this be down to too much being asked of our county players?? I know LE might say that it contributed to Charlie Farrelly retiring and possibly other problems to the mary's county men??

Anyone hear any word on the Louth/Armagh game? I've been told that brian Donnelly and Brian White had good games
St. Patricks GFC - Louth SFC Champions 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015

Louth Exile

I haven't talked to Charlie myself in months, but he basically said that with the injury at the start of the year he was always struggling to get 100% and to be honest he never really hit top form this year with either club or county. After the year he had last year with club and county this year would have been a massive come down. He also recently built a new house in Dunleer, I can 100% understand his decision and he owes nobody anything.

Who are the Pats playing Leinster?? When and where???

pedro

Limerick - away
Down - home
Leitrim - home
Fermanagh - away
Longford - away
Sligo - home
Wexford - away

Right lads, I know there's a thread on the main board about the National league fixtures but I thought we'd get this thread going again.
What do yous think of the draw. I think it could have been worse but with us having four away games and only three at home could dause us problems. Our last four games i think will be tough expecially the away games agaiinst Ferm, Longford and Wexford. I still think we're a better team than Sligo and we also have them at home. I suppose if we have realistic ambitions we would want to be looking at qualifying out of this league but we'd have to avoid any mid-League slip-ups like this year

St. Patricks GFC - Louth SFC Champions 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015