neutral

Classic Tyrone rivalries.
Carmen V Errigal
Ardboe V Moortown
Coalisland V Clonoe
Derrytresk V Brocagh.
Augher V Trillick

Black and white

lads one of the all time great rivalries Lavey vs Dungiven hurling and football esp hurling

Billys Boots

QuoteMullahoran/Gowna

I've been at a few of them over the years - not pretty.

In (North) Longford, it'd be:  Colmcille -v- Dromard, FMG -v- Dromard, Abbeylara -v- Granard, Ballymore -v- Mullinalaghta and Mostrim -v- Ardagh I s'pose.

Biggest attendances for club games in Longford would have been the clashes of Colmcille -v- Sean Connollys in the late 80s / early 90s, but that was, ahem, personality-driven.   :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Swinging Fiona

MaroonAndWhite

In Galway club football, Corofin v Dunmore, back when the Donnellans were playing with Dunmore in late 1990's/early 00's. Nowadays, Killererin v Caltra, Rest of Galway v Salthill, Caherlistrane v Corofin. Tuam Stars were the team everyone wanted to beat but no one gives a shite for them now since they went to the dogs!!

In hurling, Loughrea v Portumna (nuff said!)

Mid Mon

darbyo

Castlehaven and Skibbereen (Cork) would have to be among the best/fiercest in the country. when both clubs were amongst the best in the country (early 90's) they contested a county final in front of nearly 30,000 in the 'park'.

leamtaighabu

kudo's to B&W...those lavey v dungiven games...esp in the hurling were an are still not for the faint hearted...

imtommygunn

The best ones seem to be the close local ones where a load of boys went to school etc. together, knock seven shades of s**te out of each other and then gi for pints after them.

Loughgiel - Dunloy in antrim hurling is a big one.

Some teams have a right few enemies too. Wouldn't say Cargin have been the most popular in antrim football and rivalries there could include st pauls, st galls and even st johns.

There'd be a few in derry that'd be interesting too - bellaghy - ballinderry, swatragh - slaughtneil etc. Slaughtneil don't seem overly popular so may have a few of these "rivalries".

Carrickmore in Tyrone sound to be the same.

corn02

St Pats and Cooley in Louth!!!!!!!

In Armagh:

Cross v Anyone
Dromintee v Killeavy

TBT

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: MaroonAndWhite on June 11, 2007, 04:54:35 PM
In Galway club football, Corofin v Dunmore, back when the Donnellans were playing with Dunmore in late 1990's/early 00's. Nowadays, Killererin v Caltra, Rest of Galway v Salthill, Caherlistrane v Corofin. Tuam Stars were the team everyone wanted to beat but no one gives a shite for them now since they went to the dogs!!

In hurling, Loughrea v Portumna (nuff said!)

I would have said Loughrea v Athenry would be bigger rivals than Loughrea v Portumna even taking into account last year's controversial county final.

Historically Dunmore v Tuam Stars was the big rivalry in Galway football but both sides have fallen on lean times in recent years.

Generally it changes though depending who's on top at any given time.

bennydorano

According to a Cross woman I work with Silverbridge is their real derby.

Harps and Ogs have had a few interesting clashes.   Between the 3 of them Clady, Ballymacnab & Granemore had had some serious pigging matches