2018 National Football League Division 4

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 14, 2017, 11:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

on the hop

Not knocking him, he had a job to do yesterday and he did it. The same with Lillis following the other murphy. It worked yesterday but sugure has placed a lot on scoring wing backs and we drew a blank here yesterday. Playing defensive teams you have to stretch them. The six backs will more than likely be the starters come the summer, there are not many other options, so it is something that will improve. Against a better team the man marking could kill us, Farrell spent a lot of time on piggots wing and with Glynn playing around the middle we invited them onto us. We were blessed that the number 12 on collins side was so limited and turned back but gannon kicked three points off the other side.

Giovanni

Congrats to team and management for a job well done. The first half was a huge improvement from last week. The second half was more like last week. In the end, we were lucky that Broderick had a bad day.

I was surprised that Brody got the Man of the March award. I think he's one of the top goalkeepers in the country but yesterday his kickouts were not good at all (and was partly to blame for the pressure we were under in the second half). I know other players have to show for the kick out so it's not all his fault but I thought he should have been a lot smarter at times.

I thought the full-back line, for all the criticism they get, were superb. Both Dillon and Timmons were really superb. I'd agree with the other posters who are positive about Piggott - he did a huge job for us yesterday by keeping Brendan Murphy pretty much anonymous for the entire game. That was a hugely important job and he did it very well.

Generally, I'm glad that some of the younger players got their day in Croke Park. In particular, I think it was important that Lowry played. He looks like a player that isn't naturally confident so he needs all these big days. He grew into the game well yesterday and got better and better as it went on. I wish he'd be a bit quicker to lift his head and look for a pass though. Hopefully he'll learn a lot from Ross in that respect. As everyone else said, he was great throughout, which is a great credit to him.

town1980

The reason we won yesterday is that there is Portlaoise players there on the field of play any time laois has been successful our lads bought into it... reality the rest of the clubs in laois are so poor dirt be honest and we are soooo good there will be no stoping the town this year and it's a fact wahooooooooooooooooooooooo ;D

The PRO

Quote from: town1980 on April 02, 2018, 02:23:28 AM
The reason we won yesterday is that there is Portlaoise players there on the field of play any time laois has been successful our lads bought into it... reality the rest of the clubs in laois are so poor dirt be honest and we are soooo good there will be no stoping the town this year and it's a fact wahooooooooooooooooooooooo ;D
The sooner the better your beer money runs out.

From the Terrace

I agree with the one the hop post. I am very impressed with sugrue so far, the way he gave nurney valuable game time which will benefit him as he develops.. then bringing back in  Timmons when needed was smart & the off the pitch stuff has been perfect have listened to 90% of his interviews. On the match first half was good, second half not so great. But it's early days 7/7 you can't ask for much more. My MOM was Gareth dillon, followed by Brady,  Ross,  Timmons & Johno. Thought all players tried hard.

BallyroanAbu

Surprising myself but I thought Ross was easily man of the match consistent & clever throughout entire game.  Dillion played well too.  The rest were in and out of it. I would not run away with ourselves on this performance we are going to have to step up a level.  But unlike previous seasons we have given ourselves a platform to start from.

Tony

You'll have to say a bit more than that in fairness. What happened?

The Monument Road

Quote from: The PRO on April 02, 2018, 07:30:49 AM
Quote from: town1980 on April 02, 2018, 02:23:28 AM
The sooner the better your beer money runs out.
Unfortunately the free dole is paid out on a Tuesday 

Don Draper

Quote from: FiveStars on April 02, 2018, 11:00:32 AM
Unfortunately some worrying news emerging this morning one of our players was the subject of a sickening attack last night. Please god everything will be okay.
Well disturbing to hear of such an assault on a young footballer out enjoying himself. I hope he's ok.

High Fielder

I think we've just seen the birth of a new nickname. Robert "The Mauler" Piggott  :)

Giovanni

Piggott really seems to have got under the skin of Murphy. Complaining on Twitter about being mauled for 2 games but didn't care to mention all the mouthing he was doing himself.

Great to see a young lad having the ability to get into the head of one of the more experienced players in the country.

Unlaoised

Hope young O Reilly makes a good recovery

LAOIS ABÚ

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Unlaoised on April 02, 2018, 05:39:39 PM
Hope young O Reilly makes a good recovery

Some Carlow lads really hate Graiguecullen and Laois when they'd go to these lengths over a game of football... sickening really.

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2018/04/02/laois-man-the-victim-of-a-serious-assault-in-carlow/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

town1980

I'm gutted for that young Reilly chap hear is hoping he will av good recovery

BallyroanAbu

Get well soon Dicey, dreadful news to hear.