Antrim, the way forward

Started by Milltown Row2, October 30, 2015, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: hardstation on August 16, 2018, 10:03:52 PM
I imagine that we aren't currently able to sell our county ground in order to fund this new development but carry on...

Thought you give that ground to the Ulster Council for less than a brass farthing?

Antrim Coaster

I think the Antrim County Board did come under pressure from the Ulster Council to hand / sell Casement Park to Ulster. This was refused and will not happen.

The whole debacle around Casement Park is the doing of the Ulster Council because the funding package stated that the Provincial Council manage the project.

The Ulster Council have made a complete and total hames of this, leaving Antrim without a county ground.

cfclg

The state of Casement is reflective of the current mood in our county as a whole, both on the pitch and off it. I hate to be glass half empty but when you see other counties leap frogging us and making great strides at both underage and senior it brings it all home. On the field, we are most definitely a county in decline (in both codes).

It may only be bricks and mortar but it is very important to have somewhere to call home. I'm not fussy, I don't care if it has a fancy stand, excellent catering facilities etc etc. Just give us a base, somewhere that we can all go to, to support all our county teams and indeed the cream of our club teams. Please  :-[

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on August 17, 2018, 09:04:03 AM
I think the Antrim County Board did come under pressure from the Ulster Council to hand / sell Casement Park to Ulster. This was refused and will not happen.

The whole debacle around Casement Park is the doing of the Ulster Council because the funding package stated that the Provincial Council manage the project.

The Ulster Council have made a complete and total hames of this, leaving Antrim without a county ground.
If this was any other walk of life Antrim would be due compensation from Ulster Council! >:(

delgany

Saffron Vision stepping down !

Clover

Don't panic I'm sure bannside has it covered

paddyjohn

Some of Saffron Vision stepping down?

Belfast GAA man

Belfast GAA man

Anyone see the photos of how Casement currently looks that emerged today? National disgrace

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 21, 2018, 04:54:06 PM
Anyone see the photos of how Casement currently looks that emerged today? National disgrace

You mean these pics?  Those floodlights still be worth a bit.

Belfast GAA man

These photos need plastered to the gates of Croke Park ! Their treatment of Antrim is shameful....

Minder

What has the state of Casement & the f**k ups by the Antrim board & Ulster Council got to do with Croke Park ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Minder on August 21, 2018, 08:20:21 PM
What has the state of Casement & the f**k ups by the Antrim board & Ulster Council got to do with Croke Park ?
Croke Park is the head of our GAA. Given the mistakes made by the Ulster council they have a responsibility to step in. They have the financial muscle to build Antrim a 10,000 seater stadium while the casement fiasco remains. They wouldn't stand by if a Leinster county was left in this predicament. 2nd biggest city in Ireland and no home ground for  5 years and counting = National disgrace

NAG1

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 21, 2018, 08:37:05 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 21, 2018, 08:20:21 PM
Croke Park is the head of our GAA. Given the mistakes made by the Ulster council they have a responsibility to step in. They have the financial muscle to build Antrim a 10,000 seater stadium while the casement fiasco remains. They wouldn't stand by if a Leinster county was left in this predicament. 2nd biggest city in Ireland and no home ground for  5 years and counting = National disgrace

Suggest a bit more research and less spouting.

The whole process is locked into the political process here, until there is some movement on that it will be going no where.

The money is ringfenced for the Casement development, it cant be used on any other project or site.

Belfast GAA man

Not spouting just looking forward - the process you mention means the new stadium will likely be another 4/5 years so that will leave us without a county ground for a decade - you are a patient person NAG1 - I believe our ultimate leaders should lead