The North American / Canada GAA and Hurling thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, January 18, 2007, 08:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteAny major rule changes affecting player registrations this year?

I believe the last date for Sanctions/Transfers is June 20th - as was discussed at Congress last year

TyronePhilly

At the present time, the last date for sanctions for Canada is June 20th.
and unfortunately, the last date for North America is June 1st.

However, there are motions being proposed for this year's Congress
which aim to make changes to the Official Guides' Rule 43, Part 1.

TÍR EOGHAIN PHILADELPHIA ABÚ!

An Cumann Lúthchleas Gael Tír Eoghain Philadelphia

TyronePhilly

Any club on here headed to the Florida Fort Lauderdale Seven-a-Side Tournament? Our club plans on going and wanted to see who else was on for heading down to Florida for it..........

heganboy

we (sligo Ny) are trying to get our act together for it
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

TyronePhilly

Heganboy.....what is going on in New York?

Heard that the Treasurer and the PRO have both resigned in the last week.
Is there a split, I hope not for all of the clubs sake.

tones81

yea TP deres a split all right but its just dooleys pants, naw noting serious

john mcgill

When do the games start in Gaelic park?  I'm in NY over Easter and would like to catch a game.

tones81

not be till middle of may, gaelic park not ready till end of april

TyronePhilly

So I assume the Cavan NY Tournament will be late April.
They typically hold their tournament the week or so before
Gaelic Park opens for the year.

tones81

well the cavan t'ment usually be's held in van courtland park so it'l prob still be end of march!

how u's fixed this year TP?

lfdown2

lads, couple of questions, firstly is it possible to get 2 transfers in a year ie transfer to usa club from home club and back? also with the rule for the sanctions at the min will this mean that you wont be able to play in the na finals as a 3month sanction presently has to be submitted by the 1st of june?

tones81

Quote from: lfdown2 on February 28, 2007, 02:52:41 AM
lads, couple of questions, firstly is it possible to get 2 transfers in a year ie transfer to usa club from home club and back? also with the rule for the sanctions at the min will this mean that you wont be able to play in the na finals as a 3month sanction presently has to be submitted by the 1st of june?

u can come from ireland and transfer too club here...have too be in states a month before u can play! if u want 2 transfer back 2 club in ireland it takes 6 weeks for transfer too go tru

the date for sanction is june 20th... which means you have too be here before that date... there called 60 day sanction but u can play until ur team are finished

Gabriel_Hurl

In Canada - you cannot transfer in directly. You have to be a sanction first - then get a transfer for the next year.

TyronePhilly

"lads, couple of questions, firstly is it possible to get 2 transfers in a year ie transfer to usa club from home club and back? also with the rule for the sanctions at the min will this mean that you wont be able to play in the na finals as a 3month sanction presently has to be submitted by the 1st of june?"

Date for Sanctions for North America is presently June 1st....pending decisions on Motions at Congress, April 13th-14th in Kilkenny
(Official Guide, Rule 43)

Date for Sanctions for Canada is presently June 20th....I am unaware of any motions to Congress on their behalf

Both of these are a direct result of motion number nine (9) last year in Killarney. At the same Congress, New York were granted Inter-County Transfers after four weeks of residency in the County of New York's jurisdiction. North America do not have the same four weeks to obtain Inter-County Transfers.

I do understand what you are saying, if a player arrives on June 1st, his ninety days of VISA would expire prior to the Labor Day Weekend.....
the drop dead date for legality would be somewhere around the 8th or 9th of June, assuming the player goes straight home the Tursday or Wednesday after the Labor Day Finals.

boston

Quote from: lfdown2 on February 28, 2007, 02:52:41 AM

From what I understand you can not get 2 intercounty transfers with in the same calender year,  the cut off point for intercounty transfers for NACB is March 20th, once a player would transfer they would not be able to transfer back to their club at home in Ireland until the end of the year, the sanctioned player deadline is currently June 1st, I do know that a motion is being put forward to Croke park in regard  to extending the deadline back to Jul 20th for sanctioned players which would bring it in line with the NY county board.