American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Well lads if ye are meeting up lets try and be more organsised than them 2 nordies and poor laoislad  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

If you're going to be around, send me a PM now and I'll PM you my phone number.

thejuice

I might be in the Green man, but I dont know what the schedule is. I'll be wearing a Falcons top anyway.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Heres a bit of interesting info, which country googles "american football" the most??   :D

http://www.google.com/trends?q=american+football
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Carmen Stateside

What is wrong with the people who run baseball.  The so called world series game three to be played tonight is on the verge of being called off due to rain in Philly!
They have played over 2000 games during the summer and they make them play there final at the end of october in the cold and rain ???

Gabriel_Hurl

And it doesn't rain in the summer?

Carmen Stateside

You know what is worse me sitting for nearly two hours watching two fat guys sitting under a cover in the rain talking about the rain!!!
Here we go the third game in the baseball final is about to start, Philadelphia vs Tampa bay Series tied at 1 each! (not that anyone gives a toss!)
Nothing much else on?

Carmen Stateside

The chances would be alot less!
Dont know about were you are, but here in NY you wouldnt put your wifes lover out in it! Fuckin Freezing and windy and wet! Reminds me of home :)

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on October 26, 2008, 01:48:44 AM
You know what is worse me sitting for nearly two hours watching two fat guys sitting under a cover in the rain talking about the rain!!!
Here we go the third game in the baseball final is about to start, Philadelphia vs Tampa bay Series tied at 1 each! (not that anyone gives a toss!)
Nothing much else on?

PSU vs OSU is a great game on ABC
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

mc_grens

I think its safe to say LT is back!

thejuice

Just back form London, What a game, it was brilliant, Drew Brees was awesome, even though Rivers got more passing yards he could thread needles with his passes Although that safety, I dont know who's idea that was but it looked it was intentional. Penalties killed the Chargers I think the lost about 140yds through indisipline. Shame about Reggie not being there but it was still great. Seats were great just on the San Diego forty about half way up the upper tier.

DrinkingHarp

Did anyone hit the tailgate party?

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

AZOffaly

Great weekend, and I managed to meet nobody from the board, apart from Lone Shark, but I do meet him in Ferbane :D

Got sidetracked out in the Stoop on Saturday, and ended up getting jarred out there, which meant I was too late to get into the Porterhouse. I think I did see bombidal from the street though, as the bouncers were throwing people out at closing time :D . I believe the brother kept the family name intact though :D

Savage stuff though.

magpie seanie

QuoteAlthough that safety, I dont know who's idea that was but it looked it was intentional.

Was defo intentional.

AZOffaly

It was intentional. It's a ploy you see being used a bit in the NFL, although not that often. Basically the thought process is that you don't want to risk a punt return for a TD, or a punt return that will give the opposition 2 plays within 30 yards of your end zone.

It was poorly executed though. Brees, by rights, should have made sure there was only about 2 or 3 seconds on the clock when he threw it out of the endzone. The way it went down gave the Saints the chance to return the 'Free Kick' and also get a Hail Mary off. They should have been in a position to do a kick to a non-returner and jump on him with only a couple of seconds left. Game over.

The first time I saw this was the Cardinals at home against the Giants I think. The Cards led by a touchdown with about 12 seconds on the clock, but had 4th down from their own 25. Plummer took the snap and ran like a rabbit to the endzone. The Giants all ran in after him and he scooted around until there was 2 seconds on the clock before stepping out of the back of the endzone.

The Free Kick was booted to a Giants linebacker on special teams, and he was tackled back at the Giants 40 with no time left, Game over. That's what they'd have been trying to do.