26 County General Election 2020

Started by Snapchap, January 09, 2020, 06:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will be makeup of the next government?

FF/SD/Lab/Green
FG/SD/Lab/Green
FG/FF
FF/Green
FG/Independents
FG/Independents
FG/Green
FF/SF
FF/Green/Independents
FF Minority
FG Minority
FG/SF
FF/Lab/Green
FF/Lab
FF/Lab/Green/Independents

trailer

Quote from: Itchy on July 10, 2020, 11:14:27 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 10, 2020, 11:01:18 AM
The media/FF/FG obviously did a poor job as Shinners went from 11% of the vote in May 2019 to 24% in Feb 2020.
Meanwhile Angelo comes straight from whataboutry bot school making allegations about something called "free state government".

Yes, that is partially true. When SF started polling very strongly, the big guns were rolled out. Quinn case was thrown out etc. The Media, like most of us, were caught napping by the resurgence in the SF vote. I actually think they probably did do some damage as if they played fair SF could have done even better. The other thing of course was that SF were caught themselves and didnt field enough candidates.

But none of that is really the point I am making, the point is that the mainstream media in this country is bought and they are not independent and no better than Fox news in the states. Especially that Indo rag.

That's exactly what a certain Mr Donald Trump says about the American media. It's like saying how dare they scrutinise us. How dare they print these bad headlines. How dare they bring up the involvement of SF and IRA members in Murders. How dare they challenge our sanitised imagine! FAKE NEWS!

Itchy

Quote from: trailer on July 10, 2020, 11:32:09 AM
The media/FF/FG obviously did a poor job as Shinners went from 11% of the vote in May 2019 to 24% in Feb 2020.
Meanwhile Angelo comes straight from whataboutry bot school making allegations about something called "free state government".

Yes, that is partially true. When SF started polling very strongly, the big guns were rolled out. Quinn case was thrown out etc. The Media, like most of us, were caught napping by the resurgence in the SF vote. I actually think they probably did do some damage as if they played fair SF could have done even better. The other thing of course was that SF were caught themselves and didnt field enough candidates.

But none of that is really the point I am making, the point is that the mainstream media in this country is bought and they are not independent and no better than Fox news in the states. Especially that Indo rag.

That's exactly what a certain Mr Donald Trump says about the American media. It's like saying how dare they scrutinise us. How dare they print these bad headlines. How dare they bring up the involvement of SF and IRA members in Murders. How dare they challenge our sanitised imagine! FAKE NEWS!

Accusses me of being like Donald Trump and says "Fake News" at the end of his post. Conversation over, not enough time in the world to debate with morons.

trailer

Quote from: Itchy on July 10, 2020, 11:55:19 AM
Quote from: trailer on July 10, 2020, 11:32:09 AM

Accusses me of being like Donald Trump and says "Fake News" at the end of his post. Conversation over, not enough time in the world to debate with morons.

You've picked that up wrong. I was saying in the context of what DT says about media and how it's the same approach you and SF have taken.

GiveItToTheShooters

100%

trailer

Yes Mary Lou would have run more candidates, had the largest party and formed the best government in the history of the Irish state only for the establishment/media/FF/FG*

*Delete as applicable

The parallels with Donald Trump's strategy are uncanny.

Itchy

Quote from: trailer on July 10, 2020, 02:10:45 PM
Yes Mary Lou would have run more candidates, had the largest party and formed the best government in the history of the Irish state only for the establishment/media/FF/FG*

*Delete as applicable

Tell me where I said that you complete moron. No wonder the SDLP dont know what way is up with eejits like you in their midst

trailer

Quote from: Itchy on July 10, 2020, 02:24:01 PM
Quote from: trailer on July 10, 2020, 02:10:45 PM

*Delete as applicable

Tell me where I said that you complete moron. No wonder the SDLP dont know what way is up with eejits like you in their midst

I never said that you said it. You need to get over yourself, not everything I post is directed at you lol. 

Main Street

I thought the unusual element about the election campaign was that as the polls rose for Sinn Fein, the noise from FF & FG rose in response, but the more they railed in the media, the more the polls rose even higher for SF. The usual throw mud at Sinn Fein tactic, traditionally a target as easy to hit as a barn door, backfired. It became somewhat comical when it was pointed out to FF and FG that the desired result was not being achieved and clearly backfiring, yet they continued to throw mud.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Main Street on July 10, 2020, 07:24:37 PM

I thought the unusual element about the election campaign was that as the polls rose for Sinn Fein, the noise from FF & FG rose in response, but the more they railed in the media, the more the polls rose even higher for SF. The usual throw mud at Sinn Fein tactic, traditionally a target as easy to hit as a barn door, backfired. It became somewhat comical when it was pointed out to FF and FG that the desired result was not being achieved and clearly backfiring, yet they continued to throw mud.

I've said it for a long time, let SF take the reins, stand back and watch the disaster unfold. No British govt or public services to prop them up

Itchy

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 10, 2020, 11:21:27 PM

I've said it for a long time, let SF take the reins, stand back and watch the disaster unfold. No British govt or public services to prop them up

Says the man who votes fir a party that are Sinn Fein minus abortion. Lol

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on July 11, 2020, 09:56:04 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 10, 2020, 11:21:27 PM

Says the man who votes fir a party that are Sinn Fein minus abortion. Lol

Jesus delayed response there  ::). Take a wee rest will you it's sat night, bonfires to be burnt too

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 10, 2020, 10:14:06 AM
Quote from: JohnDenver on July 10, 2020, 10:08:39 AM
Quote from: trailer on July 10, 2020, 09:51:08 AM
It was a cynical attempt to influence the election. They might as well have dragged up Haugheys gun running. The point is, you have to admit this was a cynical media attempt to influence the election result

Here you clearly state that the media was using Paul Quinn's murder to influence the election. That is straight out the provo playbook. The establishment are against us!
Paul Quinn was murdered by the IRA and Conor Murphy said it was criminality and criminals who fell out, when it wasn't. The Quinn's have consistently fought for justice, similar to the McCartney sisters and the whispering campaign, intimidation and lies that have been spread about both families is absolutely disgraceful.
SF have their own set of rules that they play by.

I think you're wanted over on the SDLP thread Trailer

What did he say that was wrong out of interest?

He said the media weren't using the Quinn family to influence the election. If he really believes that (and I don't think anyone could believe he really does), then he is bryond naive and has no credibility talking about politics whatsoever.

Not sure what way he would explain the complete disinterest the media have had in the Quinns since the election ended. Or indeed before the election.

He also takes issue with Conor Murphy saying the murder was part of a crininal feud. The media hounded Murphy through the election for an apology. Yet, the British Government itself said in their IMF report that their intelligence suggested it was a criminal feud. No campaign for them to apologise though.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on July 12, 2020, 09:10:56 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 10, 2020, 10:14:06 AM
Quote from: JohnDenver on July 10, 2020, 10:08:39 AM
Quote from: trailer on July 10, 2020, 09:51:08 AM
It was a cynical attempt to influence the election. They might as well have dragged up Haugheys gun running. The point is, you have to admit this was a cynical media attempt to influence the election result

Here you clearly state that the media was using Paul Quinn's murder to influence the election. That is straight out the provo playbook. The establishment are against us!
Paul Quinn was murdered by the IRA and Conor Murphy said it was criminality and criminals who fell out, when it wasn't. The Quinn's have consistently fought for justice, similar to the McCartney sisters and the whispering campaign, intimidation and lies that have been spread about both families is absolutely disgraceful.
SF have their own set of rules that they play by.

I think you're wanted over on the SDLP thread Trailer

What did he say that was wrong out of interest?

He said the media weren't using the Quinn family to influence the election. If he really believes that (and I don't think anyone could believe he really does), then he is bryond naive and has no credibility talking about politics whatsoever.

Not sure what way he would explain the complete disinterest the media have had in the Quinns since the election ended. Or indeed before the election.

He also takes issue with Conor Murphy saying the murder was part of a crininal feud. The media hounded Murphy through the election for an apology. Yet, the British Government itself said in their IMF report that their intelligence suggested it was a criminal feud. No campaign for them to apologise though.

https://www.rte.ie/news/investigations-unit/2017/1123/922337-rte-investigates-wall-of-silence/

A 2 second check on Google disapproves your absolute disgraceful comment.

Murphy knows who killed him, criminals within the IRA

Angelo

Quote from: trailer on July 09, 2020, 10:32:42 PM
Quote from: Itchy on July 09, 2020, 08:34:13 PM
Quote from: five points on July 09, 2020, 06:06:13 PM
Quote from: Itchy on July 09, 2020, 05:47:59 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 09, 2020, 02:05:23 PM
Quote from: Itchy on July 09, 2020, 01:51:12 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 09, 2020, 12:45:13 PM
True but if a gang of savage murderous thugs hadn't broken every bone in the chap's body in the process of murdering him with crowbars..... 
Mrs Quinn was more than glad of the opportunity to highlight what the savage thugs did to her son.

The gang of thugs (exactly what they are) that carried out the murder werent standing for election 13 years later in the south. It was a cynical attempt to influence the election. They might as well have dragged up Haugheys gun running. The point is, you have to admit this was a cynical media attempt to influence the election result.

But those with vital information on the murder are in office for SF

If that is true (I doubt it is) they were in office in 2017 and 2018 and 2019. Why wait until the middle of a general election? Coincidence was it?

No coincidence but unresolved political scandals often become topical again at election time.  This sort of thing has been going on for my lifetime. The comings and goings of the 1970 Arms Trial used bother Charlie Haughey in elections campaigns in the 80s.

I dont recall it being brought up by media in such a sustained manner. Not the only example I could give you either and I think you know that full well.

Briege Quinn and the Quinn family have constantly and consistently fought to keep Paul's murder in the public eye and to suggest it has coincidence or it has been used to political point score is a slur on the Quinns. It is the modus operandi of SF and the Provo family. Deflect, start a whispering campaign, link the person murdered with crime and criminality, anything to deflect from what they did. SF and the IRA have a long, long, list of absolutely heinous crimes against the very communities they say that they protect. People would do well to remember this when they vote for them. 
Your slur on the Quinn family is absolutely disgraceful and you should retract it. They weren't and aren't being used.

So have the McAnespie family and the free state government are still unwilling to release a garda report on the murder of Aidan McAnespie.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM