Hurling championship 2021

Started by seafoid, April 27, 2021, 09:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tintin25

Not a massive hurling fan but I was watching the final last Sunday and noticed this myself.  I mean, it was really obvious in some cases.  How have more people not picked up on this?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tintin25 on August 27, 2021, 08:19:45 AM
Not a massive hurling fan but I was watching the final last Sunday and noticed this myself.  I mean, it was really obvious in some cases.  How have more people not picked up on this?

From a personal view point it's the positioning of the ref, if he can't see the 'foul' then he can't call it, and when he is in a position to see it clearly he'll call it.

For a ref if it's not a clear hand pass then its actually an easy call, I can't see how they will clean it up in fairness, maybe the linesmen can make that call and help out, so rules would need to come in, again only available if you have linesmen and mic'd up!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 27, 2021, 08:44:05 AM

From a personal view point it's the positioning of the ref, if he can't see the 'foul' then he can't call it, and when he is in a position to see it clearly he'll call it.

For a ref if it's not a clear hand pass then its actually an easy call, I can't see how they will clean it up in fairness, maybe the linesmen can make that call and help out, so rules would need to come in, again only available if you have linesmen and mic'd up!
Linesman cannot signal a technical foul afaik

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 27, 2021, 01:20:33 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 27, 2021, 08:44:05 AM

Linesman cannot signal a technical foul afaik

No and that's why I said rules would need to be available to help
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cyril Farrell fan

Quote from: clonadmad on August 26, 2021, 03:53:58 PM
Thrown not Blown,

236 illegal handpasses across 210 minutes of hurling

Read all about it

https://thepremierviewpodcast.com/thrown-not-blown

It might be useful analysis if it didn't come from Premierview. If they analysed Tipperary it would be 50 total handpasses, 2 thrown handpasses.

Milltown Row2

Both games yesterday were good for different reasons, Ballygunner were on a mission, their intensity was the very evident in everything they did, relentless pressure from the first whistle, never settled on frees or sidelines, all taken quickly, they looked impressive.

The Tipp final was as I expected, a toss of the coin between them. Thurles looked really good early doors and raced to a good lead, before shipping 1-3 without reply! nip and tuck the rest of the game, they will be busted, hopefully the Munster board will look at their fixtures in hurling and football and allow them time to prepare as a club

Cyril Farrell fan

A great final in Tipp yesterday. John McGrath is some operator.

clonadmad

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2021, 09:19:27 AM
Both games yesterday were good for different reasons, Ballygunner were on a mission, their intensity was the very evident in everything they did, relentless pressure from the first whistle, never settled on frees or sidelines, all taken quickly, they looked impressive.

The Tipp final was as I expected, a toss of the coin between them. Thurles looked really good early doors and raced to a good lead, before shipping 1-3 without reply! nip and tuck the rest of the game, they will be busted, hopefully the Munster board will look at their fixtures in hurling and football and allow them time to prepare as a club

No space in the schedule not that it will bother Loughmore

definitely out the next 2 weeks and if they beat Eire Og next weekend,it will be 3 weekends in a row plus Noel McGraths Wedding somewhere in the middle.

less than 1,000 people in the parish,put out 3 adult hurling teams and 2 adult football teams,their 3 adult hurling team won a divisional junior C and had 35 on the panel

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clonadmad on November 29, 2021, 11:36:32 AM

definitely out the next 2 weeks and if they beat Eire Og next weekend,it will be 3 weekends in a row plus Noel McGraths Wedding somewhere in the middle.

less than 1,000 people in the parish,put out 3 adult hurling teams and 2 adult football teams,their 3 adult hurling team won a divisional junior C and had 35 on the panel

Defo S'neil style parish there. Obviously the Tipp Hurling is as difficult to win as the Derry football championship, but I'd imagine the Tipp football is also difficult?

tippmaninlaois

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2021, 11:47:16 AM
Quote from: clonadmad on November 29, 2021, 11:36:32 AM

Defo S'neil style parish there. Obviously the Tipp Hurling is as difficult to win as the Derry football championship, but I'd imagine the Tipp football is also difficult?

16 Team Senior Hurling Championship with 5 different winners of it in the past 5 years, ferociously competitive this year with teams coming out of a 4 team group only to find themselves 5 mins later headed for a relegation semi final as score difference went against them.

12 senior teams in the football,past 5 years Clonmel have won 3 with Moyle Rovers and Loughmore winning one apiece

Loughmore now have 15 county football titles and 4 hurling.

As the previous poster said,an unbelievable club pulling from a tiny population plus their women yesterday helped Drom and Inch to a Munster camogie title.

Blowitupref

PwC All-Stars Hurling 2021 (Previous winning years in brackets)

1.      Eoin Murphy (Glenmore, Kilkenny) (2016, '18)

2.      Seán Finn (Bruff, Limerick) (2018, '19, '20)

3.      Conor Prunty (Abbeyside-Ballinacourty, Waterford)

4.      Barry Nash (South Liberties, Limerick)

5.      Diarmaid Byrnes (Patrickswell, Limerick) (2020)

6.      Declan Hannon (Adare, Limerick) (2018)

7.      Kyle Hayes (Kildimo/Pallaskenry, Limerick) (2020)

8.      Will O'Donoghue (Na Piarsaigh, Limerick)

9.      Darragh O'Donovan (Doon, Limerick)

10.  Gearoid Hegarty (St Patrick's, Limerick) (2020)

11.  Cian Lynch (Patrickswell, Limerick) (2018, 2020)

12.  Tom Morrissey (Ahane, Limerick) (2020)

13.  Tony Kelly (Ballyea, Clare) (2013, '20)

14.  Seamus Flanagan (Feohanagh-Castlemahon, Limerick)

15.  Peter Casey (Na Piarsaigh, Limerick)

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Milltown Row2

Not a Cork man on it! hard to argue in fairness and was lucky enough to see them live on the day, outstanding performance but felt over the course of the championship Patrick Horgan, should have been selected

imtommygunn

Thought that too. That's probably the most ever from one county I imagine. I wasn't sure on Casey but Flanagan definitely deserved one.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

imtommygunn

Lynch as well. Lynch is on his way to being one of the best ever at current rate.