The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Quote from: lenny on October 26, 2019, 09:38:00 PM
Quote from: Gmac on October 26, 2019, 08:23:08 PM
Ireland dusted England in 2007 too but who ended up in final , we have no wc pedigree and the longer the famine continues the harder it gets mentally.

Ireland didn't lose because ee have no world cup pedigree, we lost because we were nowhere near the right level throughout the whole tournament. Nacewa's comments about scmidt being too cautious as a coach were probably accurate. We've been going backwards as a team for a while and a rebuilding process needs to start now.
bullshit they can't be coaches fault every time

Hoof Hearted

It's all about planning what you want to win
A year and a half ago on paddys day we thought we were great
A grand slam beating England in Twickenham- lethal
England didn't give a f**k about losing that or 1 later to Wales 12 months later
They had one thing in mind
Now their 80 mins away
Where are we ? 😪😪
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Main Street

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 24, 2019, 12:48:08 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 24, 2019, 12:34:37 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 23, 2019, 10:04:12 AM
Not to stick the head in the sand and defend Heaslip, but his failed test was as a result of re clarification on the ratio of Testosterone in humans threshold.

He (naturally) apparently was 5:1....the new classification was 4:1....it's close enough to kind of explain, it's not out of the question that he was a freak. Although it does raise questions on microdosing.

Fine. So why spin it? Why pretend one agency tested him over another?

I can't answer that, but for such a fine a margin - I would be inclined to believe that the story is as it is. As to why he said it was one agency over another? Perhaps he's an idiot....I really find that one strange myself.
Heaslip has nothing to answer for and certainly not to people who value conjecture over 'substance'.

screenexile

Quote from: Main Street on October 26, 2019, 11:04:43 PM
Not to stick the head in the sand and defend Heaslip, but his failed test was as a result of re clarification on the ratio of Testosterone in humans threshold.

He (naturally) apparently was 5:1....the new classification was 4:1....it's close enough to kind of explain, it's not out of the question that he was a freak. Although it does raise questions on microdosing.

I can't answer that, but for such a fine a margin - I would be inclined to believe that the story is as it is. As to why he said it was one agency over another? Perhaps he's an idiot....I really find that one strange myself.
Heaslip has nothing to answer for and certainly not to people who value conjecture over 'substance'.

Any veil of uncertainty in any sport should be answered otherwise what's the point??

Captain Obvious

The front page of the New Zealand Herald on Sunday

lenny

Quote from: Gmac on October 26, 2019, 10:14:11 PM
Quote from: lenny on October 26, 2019, 09:38:00 PM
Quote from: Gmac on October 26, 2019, 08:23:08 PM
Ireland dusted England in 2007 too but who ended up in final , we have no wc pedigree and the longer the famine continues the harder it gets mentally.

Ireland didn't lose because ee have no world cup pedigree, we lost because we were nowhere near the right level throughout the whole tournament. Nacewa's comments about scmidt being too cautious as a coach were probably accurate. We've been going backwards as a team for a while and a rebuilding process needs to start now.
bullshit they can't be coaches fault every time

i wasn't implying it was the coaches fault. It was a collective fault, the players have been poor enough for a while and the coaches haven't covered themselves in glory either.

square_ball

For a semi final this has been absolutely terrible. And that's being kind.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: square_ball on October 27, 2019, 10:15:22 AM
For a semi final this has been absolutely terrible. And that's being kind.
England will be rubbing their hands. Terrible mistakes from S.A.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 27, 2019, 02:20:00 AM

That's the winning mentality of the All Blacks.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Wildweasel74

Am happy enough to S Africa are in the final, they have the pack to match England, England be big favourites especially if South Africa kick possession of the all the time.

Main Street

Quote from: screenexile on October 27, 2019, 12:38:57 AM
Quote from: Main Street on October 26, 2019, 11:04:43 PM

Any veil of uncertainty in any sport should be answered otherwise what's the point??
That's nonsense when the the  slightest of veils of uncertainty are  based on conjecture and cynicism. Heaslip has nothing  remotely relating to value to answer for.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 27, 2019, 10:31:32 AM

Ah, they are a real Rugby nation. Truth be told countries like Ireland toy with the idea.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 27, 2019, 12:40:59 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 27, 2019, 10:31:32 AM

Ah, they are a real Rugby nation. Truth be told countries like Ireland toy with the idea.

That is one of the  consequences of having the  GAA as the number 1 sports org.

The best athletes play the GAA sports. Rugby gets a few but not enough.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

Do the best athletes play GAA sports?

They are split between aussie rules, soccer, GAA and rugby. There's nothing to say the better ones play GAA. It's not like th GAA ones who went to soccer are bad.