Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delgany

That is permissible under current regulations

themac_23

Quote from: delgany on July 07, 2020, 03:46:27 PM

Yeah, just such a shame that they had to travel that far to get a game, was hoping wed have come into line with the south in this area. Fair play to them, shows some commitment to travel that for a challenge game

delgany

Quote from: themac_23 on July 07, 2020, 04:48:14 PM

Yeah, just such a shame that they had to travel that far to get a game, was hoping wed have come into line with the south in this area. Fair play to them, shows some commitment to travel that for a challenge game

With the current  SF -DUP standoff   I think it has been put on the long finger !

delgany

With the current  SF -DUP standoff   I think it has been put on the long finger !

Milltown Row2

Could have went to Louth, 60 minutes away
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

R antrim the only county in thr north to cancel Cul Camp This year? Always a great event for attracting youngsters to our gamEs. U would have thought by August you could have done something and Gaelfast must be back soon with furlough ending soon

BigBallWeeBall

Don't know what's going on re CulCamp in other counties but agree with decision not to hold in Antrim. Too much at stake for everyone involved. Staffed mostly by volunteers, can't see these guys running around in PPE and Galefist still likely to be furloughed

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on July 12, 2020, 04:06:13 PM
Don't know what's going on re CulCamp in other counties but agree with decision not to hold in Antrim. Too much at stake for everyone involved. Staffed mostly by volunteers, can't see these guys running around in PPE and Galefist still likely to be furloughed
What are u talking about Bin Ball? Kids training has been allowed since end of June with no PPE in sight!! Full senior matches next week too with no mention of PPE - have you been asleep for a few weeks????? Summer schemes with Smaller groups are being advetised left right and centre

BigBallWeeBall

Love your enthusiasm BF GAA but you're over optimistic. Stay Alert and think safety first. Normally 100 kids go to CulCamp, who'd be responsible for taking care in your club. Perhaps 200 weans would be interested as majority holidays are cancelled.  Most serious clubs have PPE, sanitisers etc readily available. I hope that's not the typical approach of city clubs, if it is then please hand yourselves in. You're adopting a light touch approach to Covid19 and any slip up at your club could be catastrophic with the minimum impact being a 2 week self isolation period for the entire club and perhaps others. 3 clubs isolated in Cork this wee. Wise up

johnnycool

Quote from: hardstation on July 12, 2020, 06:07:05 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on July 12, 2020, 10:46:24 AM
R antrim the only county in thr north to cancel Cul Camp This year? Always a great event for attracting youngsters to our gamEs. U would have thought by August you could have done something and Gaelfast must be back soon with furlough ending soon
Tyrone not doing them either.

Neither are Down thankfully.

Flanker

Any information anywhere on juvenille games guidelines

With u16 & Minor games starting over the next few weeks

What are the guidelines for travel to away fixtures ?

I assume each player has to make his own way .. No lift sharing unless from the same family ?

Are family members who supply the lift allowed into the home teams ground ?

Are family members who supply the lift allowed to watch the game ?

If they are not allowed into the ground or to spectate are they expected to just park on the road and wait for a few hours (obviously depends on how far away the game js)

Has anyone seen or got guidelines on this ?

NAG1

Quote from: Flanker on July 17, 2020, 09:30:12 AM

I assume each player has to make his own way .. No lift sharing unless from the same family ?

YES AND YES

NO

NO

If they are not allowed into the ground or to spectate are they expected to just park on the road and wait for a few hours (obviously depends on how far away the game js)

YES

Has anyone seen or got guidelines on this ? YES Antrim released them earlier and had a presentation last night I think on this exact subject.

Hope that clears it up for you. Crazy to think that any juvenile activity was going to be realistic with the current restrictions.

Flanker

Quote from: NAG1 on July 17, 2020, 09:52:03 AM

YES AND YES

NO

NO

YES

Has anyone seen or got guidelines on this ? YES Antrim released them earlier and had a presentation last night I think on this exact subject.

Hope that clears it up for you. Crazy to think that any juvenile activity was going to be realistic with the current restrictions.

Thanks NAG1 Appreciate that

I can see the benefits of juvenille activity and that the 5 or 6 games will be good for general health and well being but given the current situation are the benefits outweighed by the logistical issues of transport and the boredom for the parent plus the although reasonably limited health risk

Crazy that hundreds of parents will be travelling around the country sitting on country roads for a few hours though

You could have 20 parents driving from Dunloy/Rasharkin/Glenravel to Aghagallen/Aldergrove/Glenavy or similar (circa 4 hours give or take for travel and game)

The 20 away parents could be 5-10metres apart 2-3 metres from the sideline   It would kill the boredom

At least the home team parents could go home for an hour

Taylor

Quote from: Flanker on July 17, 2020, 10:58:03 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on July 17, 2020, 09:52:03 AM

YES AND YES

NO

NO

YES

Thanks NAG1 Appreciate that

I can see the benefits of juvenille activity and that the 5 or 6 games will be good for general health and well being but given the current situation are the benefits outweighed by the logistical issues of transport and the boredom for the parent plus the although reasonably limited health risk

Crazy that hundreds of parents will be travelling around the country sitting on country roads for a few hours though

You could have 20 parents driving from Dunloy/Rasharkin/Glenravel to Aghagallen/Aldergrove/Glenavy or similar (circa 4 hours give or take for travel and game)

The 20 away parents could be 5-10metres apart 2-3 metres from the sideline   It would kill the boredom

At least the home team parents could go home for an hour

Crazy - the parents could go to the local pub or cinema while they are waiting for their kid  :o

Belfast GAA man

I see John Horan IS complaining with about only 200 of a crowd at games in the 26 and no mention of no crowds allowed in the 6 counties.
He needs reminded we are a 32 couNty organisation