Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucifer

Which VPN did you yet Gs?

I am on BT and also use Sportsmania. I've found it more difficult to find a good stream, but I've always found one. Definitely not as good as last year as you have to search around a bit more, but I still always get a good stream.

I am in the North btw.

The Gs Man

I'm in the north and on BT too.  Everything had been perfect for me up until the weekend.

I downloaded IPVanish.  It's on the app store on the firestick so it's easily found.

You do need to sign up for an account first using your phone/laptop or whatever.  It was something like $8 or $10 for a month, but I'm hoping Sportsmania will sort their issues out and I can cancel it in a couple of weeks time.

Watched the game last night on a Bein Sports channel.  Some of the others buffered a bit.
Keep 'er lit

JohnDenver

Quote from: The Gs Man on August 22, 2017, 09:56:06 AM
I'm in the north and on BT too.  Everything had been perfect for me up until the weekend.

I downloaded IPVanish.  It's on the app store on the firestick so it's easily found.

You do need to sign up for an account first using your phone/laptop or whatever.  It was something like $8 or $10 for a month, but I'm hoping Sportsmania will sort their issues out and I can cancel it in a couple of weeks time.

Watched the game last night on a Bein Sports channel.  Some of the others buffered a bit.

I saw on another site for anybody wishing to sign up to IPVanish, there is a code to get 50% off the full year package. Think it works on 5 devices.  The code is "PRIVACYFIRST" and expires midnight on 23AUG. Should bring it down to 30 something dollars for the year.

I haven't any VPN myself, but might look about getting this one to see how it goes.

The Gs Man

Good man.  Must check that out.
Keep 'er lit

Gaffer

Yes. Got that deal yesterday. Tested out last night on city game. Set my address to Netherlands and got  the match.

https://signup.ipvanish.com/?aff=privacyfirst
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

MoChara

Quote from: Gaffer on August 22, 2017, 05:09:54 PM
Yes. Got that deal yesterday. Tested out last night on city game. Set my address to Netherlands and got  the match.

https://signup.ipvanish.com/?aff=privacyfirst

I think the blocking is really only during Premier League games so be the weekend before you get a true test Gaffer.

Gaffer

Aye but the City game was Premier League.
Mania hoping to have problem solved shortly though.

nrico2006

The block has been affecting me the past two weekends on zgemma, but then after all channels are available again.  I could see the City game on Monday night so I'm wondering if they just didn't bother with the block for the one game.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lurganblue

The block should affect the McGregor fight should it? just expect high volume on the servers.

Gaffer

The block only applies to Premier League games

gallsman

Quote from: Gaffer on August 25, 2017, 01:12:13 PM
The block only applies to Premier League games

The block, as I understand it, blocks the servers that SM runs on during premier league games, possibly all weekend. My on demand section wouldn't run last Saturday afternoon.

lurganblue

Never had a more frustrating night with sportsmania. Can't get a single link to play for more than about 3 mins for the villa match. Maybe it's because of the matrix tv app.

laoislad

Mine is working perfect.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: lurganblue on August 25, 2017, 09:01:07 PM
Never had a more frustrating night with sportsmania. Can't get a single link to play for more than about 3 mins for the villa match. Maybe it's because of the matrix tv app.

Dont get it myself the football is perfect tonight but couldnt watch 2 seconds of the golf last night - strange

Boycey

I've been trying this week to get my head around how when the block is on a server like Sportsmania they manage to differentiate between UK and non U.K. traffic??