Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ball Hopper

From BBC website:

Premier League wins anti-piracy court order

By Bill Wilson Business reporter, BBC News

The Premier League has been awarded a High Court order for the forthcoming 2017-18 season, which will help it combat the illegal streaming of games.

The blocking order will require UK Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to prevent people from illegally accessing streams of its matches.

It will allow the league to combat the illicit sale and use of devices such as pre-loaded IPTV and Kodi boxes.

A similar order was obtained for the final two months of the 2016-17 season.

That saw more then 5,000 server IP addresses blocked that had previously been streaming Premier League content.

Sky and BT Sport hold the live rights for Premier League football. The two firms paid a record £5.136bn for rights to show live matches for three seasons.
What are Kodi boxes?

Kodi is free software, built by volunteers, that is designed to bring videos, music, games and photographs together in one easy-to-use application.

Some shops sell set-top boxes and TV sticks known as Kodi boxes, preloaded with the software.

The developers behind Kodi say their software does not contain any content of its own and is designed to play legally owned media or content "freely available" on the internet.

However, the software can be modified with third-party add-ons that provide access to pirated copies of films and TV series, or provide free access to subscription television channels and programmes, including sports events.

The English top flight League is currently undertaking its biggest ever copyright protection programme.

Its anti-piracy efforts have also contributed to a range of prominent apps and add-ons being closed down as the law catches up with them.

"This blocking order is a game-changer in our efforts to tackle the supply and use of illicit streams of our content," said Premier League Director of Legal Services, Kevin Plumb.

"It will allow us to quickly and effectively block and disrupt the illegal broadcast of Premier League football via any means, including so called 'pre-loaded Kodi boxes'.

"The protection of our copyright, and the investment made by our broadcast partners, is hugely important to the Premier League and the future health of English football."

A recent poll of 1,000 people for BBC 5 live Daily found:

Nearly half of fans say they have streamed a match online through an unofficial provider - just over a third do so at least once a month and about one in five at least once a week
    The main reasons include a friend/family member doing it and they just watch; the quality of the stream; and because sports TV packages are considered not good value for money
    Just under a third of fans do not know whether it is illegal to stream live Premier League matches online from unofficial providers, but another third believe it is always illegal.

gallsman

VPN or DNS service will fix that.

lurganblue

Would streams from America also be affected by that? Fox sports etc?

Smokin Joe

Quote from: lurganblue on August 01, 2017, 11:33:20 AM
Would streams from America also be affected by that? Fox sports etc?

They are exactly the feeds that the legislation is for.  Sky want to stop programs that are created for non UK people being watched within the UK.

trueblue1234

Fire stick has packed in now for some reason. Wat would be the best box to buy now to get iptv and ideally to upload exodus/ mania etc.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

MoChara

Hereiam

do you get sky sports on this

laoislad

Quote from: Hereiam on August 02, 2017, 10:26:55 AM
do you get sky sports on this
You can get sports on them all. It's the add ons/apps you download onto  them that give you the sports and movies etc.
Most of these Android boxes are all the same just with different branding.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

snoopdog

Anyone having issues with matrix tv. Channels won't load. It worked the other day

laoislad

Is your subscription up?

StGallsGAA

Quote from: snoopdog on August 18, 2017, 08:22:33 PM
Anyone having issues with matrix tv. Channels won't load. It worked the other day

Sound as if the sentinel has caught up with u!/

snoopdog

snoopdog

Quote from: snoopdog on August 18, 2017, 08:45:26 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 18, 2017, 08:26:40 PM
Is your subscription up?
Ah maybe. I will check
Yep it's my subscription.  But when I go to renew I don't see the news pack offer I usually get. Only a subscription for 10 euro for 14 days. ? Anyone subscribed lately?

laoislad

Quote from: snoopdog on August 18, 2017, 09:14:57 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on August 18, 2017, 08:45:26 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 18, 2017, 08:26:40 PM
Is your subscription up?
Ah maybe. I will check
Yep it's my subscription.  But when I go to renew I don't see the news pack offer I usually get. Only a subscription for 10 euro for 14 days. ? Anyone subscribed lately?
Type the words 'Imwaiting' in the voucher code box.There is a problem with renewing subs at the moment. That code will get you two free weeks.