Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

heading into the new football season and i'm contemplating signing up for on eof the paid IPTV services for sports only.  There seems to be a right bit of choice though e.g. future streams, sportsmania, easy streams, dexter etc.  Which is best (and of course cheapest  ;)  )

heffo

Quote from: Gaffer on August 01, 2016, 10:19:37 AM
Quote from: heffo on July 31, 2016, 03:57:17 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on July 31, 2016, 11:25:57 AM
Quote from: laoislad on July 31, 2016, 11:23:58 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on July 31, 2016, 10:21:31 AM
Watched  fight on the new ultimatemania IOS app.  Brilliant picture.

Go to App Store and search for 'Matrix Tv Browser. Inser username and password and bobs your uncle. Also available for Android!!
On the Android app it asks for a URL?

Sorry. Type in 'ultimatemania.rocks'

What URL for the IOS app folks? the one above doesnt work

Very impressed with the Kodi add-on - perfect HD and no buffering

If you have subscribed to Sportsmania then The URL for the IOS is 'sportsmania.eu'

If you have subscribed to Ultramania then the URL is 'ultimatemania.rocks'

Works perfect cheers

lurganblue

sunscribed to overlordsTV last night as they were doing a deal of 12.50 for 3 months sports.  Thought it worth a punt. Got it loaded on and have to say i was very impressed. HD and no buffering.  I'd say last night would have been low volume so bigger tests still to come.

Gaffer

Trying to install kodi onto firestick.

ES file folder not available anymore to do this the easy way.

Anyone got round this problem ?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

gallsman

Adb fire. Takes five mins.

Boycey

Quote from: Gaffer on August 02, 2016, 07:14:53 PM

I read somewhere the other day that there's a work around now available for ES file explorer maybe google that? Else as gallsman says Adb Fire works, that's how I originally loaded mine

lurganblue

Quote from: Gaffer on August 02, 2016, 07:14:53 PM

do you have an android phone? if so download the kodi app to it and then download an app called apps2fire.  use this to sync your phone to the firestick using the IP address and you can then send the kodi app to the stick.

Also works for sending the likes of Mobdro to the stick.

Gaffer

Thanks for the replies.

Got it installed through computer. Had a lot of readin up to do as I had never done it this way before.

Simple when you know which buttons to press!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

snoopdog

I know I started this thread a long time ago but never got a box. Was wondering what is the best box to get for the football season starting.  Does sky eir and BT sport. I'm gonna get one this time just looking for a good one. I live in South dublin and have decent wifi. All ideas welcome.

straightred

Quote from: snoopdog on August 05, 2016, 10:34:31 PM
I know I started this thread a long time ago but never got a box. Was wondering what is the best box to get for the football season starting.  Does sky eir and BT sport. I'm gonna get one this time just looking for a good one. I live in South dublin and have decent wifi. All ideas welcome.

I've an MXIII for about a year now and its been fine. Good value and has a physical ethernet port (much more reliable than WiFi). Use if for Netflix and sportsmania. Can't sing the praises of sportsmania enough. More sports channels that you can dream of for about 30 euro per 6  months. Always the danger that it will get shut down but I've had it for over a year now and its still going strong. Before that I used all the free stuff but once you move to this you'll never go back. It always works - that's what you're paying for

gerrykeegan

Just signed up for sportsmania. Seriously impressive. Watching the Dublin Donegal game in perfect quality. Can't recommend it enough.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

snoopdog

Quote from: straightred on August 06, 2016, 10:17:54 AM

I've an MXIII for about a year now and its been fine. Good value and has a physical ethernet port (much more reliable than WiFi). Use if for Netflix and sportsmania. Can't sing the praises of sportsmania enough. More sports channels that you can dream of for about 30 euro per 6  months. Always the danger that it will get shut down but I've had it for over a year now and its still going strong. Before that I used all the free stuff but once you move to this you'll never go back. It always works - that's what you're paying for
And is sports mania available through any Android box? How do you then get sports mania? 
Sorry a bit.of.a techno phobe

gallsman

Quote from: snoopdog on August 08, 2016, 10:08:14 AM
Quote from: straightred on August 06, 2016, 10:17:54 AM

And is sports mania available through any Android box? How do you then get sports mania? 
Sorry a bit.of.a techno phobe

Either through Kodi as an add-on or by downloading the sportsmania Android app (not in the store). It's not complicated, just f**king google it.

Smokin Joe

Is there any difference in quality for Sportsmania between running it through Kodi (as I tend to do) or just watching it directly through a browser window on your laptop?

gerrykeegan

Joe

I found it worked better in KODI than in a browser.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)