Money, Dublin and the GAA

Started by IolarCoisCuain, October 04, 2016, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 30, 2019, 10:40:08 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on June 30, 2019, 10:34:05 PM

Do you really think the Dublin crowd of today will neatly break into 4 crowds and follow the new franchises? Will they fock, it will kill football in the capital.

It's either that or you hold onto what you have at the moment. Dublin beating everyone in second gear and the fans will stop going and it will kill inter-county football in the capital. You are damned if you do and you are damned if you don't!
Well that is sport. Some teams dominate, especially in representative sport. Nothing unique here. No call to break Kerty up in the day or Celtic into 4.

People should be more interested in raising standards in their parish than handicapping Dublin

Rossfan

Pull up ye're socks Annaduff and Geevagh and the rest of ye!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mup

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 01, 2019, 11:40:01 AM
I see Kilmacud Crokes won Feile u14 Division 1. Another golden generation although funny enough the senior football coach in Kilmacud Shane Smith, who as an aside has a masters in Sports Science signals out their GDO Pauric McDonald on twitter for his great coaching foundations.

But according to Hound these guys just go to schools, I am confused and probably just mean spirited.

And divisive.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 01, 2019, 12:58:31 PM

Do you really think the Dublin crowd of today will neatly break into 4 crowds and follow the new franchises? Will they fock, it will kill football in the capital.

It's either that or you hold onto what you have at the moment. Dublin beating everyone in second gear and the fans will stop going and it will kill inter-county football in the capital. You are damned if you do and you are damned if you don't!
Well that is sport. Some teams dominate, especially in representative sport. Nothing unique here. No call to break Kerty up in the day or Celtic into 4.

People should be more interested in raising standards in their parish than handicapping Dublin

"Qu'ils mangent de la brioche"

priceyreilly

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on June 30, 2019, 10:26:09 PM
Quote from: priceyreilly on June 29, 2019, 03:49:23 PM
The games up. This is now all over the media and on the terraces. For years it was silenced but now it's common knowledge. Dublin have doped their way to a huge number of titles since 2005. The counts up to 55 titles I believe. There's an asterisk beside every single one of these titles. Everyone knows it, even the Dubs. It really was a dark period in the history of the GAA. It's coming to an end though. The split is very near.
poor snowflake.

You would swear the Dubs broke up an equal field where Longford, Sligo and Antrim were pushing for national titles. 25 counties have always been rubbish at any given time. Its an odd coincidence that the rest of Leinster independently went through a phase of being cat at the same time Dublin pushed on. Not our fault.

The idea that there has been suppression of talk about Dublins funding is laughable.

The 55 titles include hurling and underage. You're clueless. Which one are you going to follow? Fingal, Dún Laoghaire/Rathdown, South Dublin or Dublin city centre?

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: priceyreilly on July 01, 2019, 03:56:13 PM
The games up. This is now all over the media and on the terraces. For years it was silenced but now it's common knowledge. Dublin have doped their way to a huge number of titles since 2005. The counts up to 55 titles I believe. There's an asterisk beside every single one of these titles. Everyone knows it, even the Dubs. It really was a dark period in the history of the GAA. It's coming to an end though. The split is very near.
poor snowflake.

You would swear the Dubs broke up an equal field where Longford, Sligo and Antrim were pushing for national titles. 25 counties have always been rubbish at any given time. Its an odd coincidence that the rest of Leinster independently went through a phase of being cat at the same time Dublin pushed on. Not our fault.

The idea that there has been suppression of talk about Dublins funding is laughable.

The 55 titles include hurling and underage. You're clueless. Which one are you going to follow? Fingal, Dún Laoghaire/Rathdown, South Dublin or Dublin city centre?
That aimed at me?

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 01, 2019, 02:50:43 PM

Plenty of brioche to be had if a coherent request for brioche goes to the baker. In fact, some counties have loads of brioche. What are they doing with it?

TheGreatest

poor snowflake.

We (Dublin) only measure success on winning All Irelands, not provincials.

Hound

I see Kilmacud Crokes won Feile u14 Division 1. Another golden generation although funny enough the senior football coach in Kilmacud Shane Smith, who as an aside has a masters in Sports Science signals out their GDO Pauric McDonald on twitter for his great coaching foundations.

But according to Hound these guys just go to schools, I am confused and probably just mean spirited.
Pauric is an extra GDO that Kilmacud decided to get in, in addition to the standard one. He is 100% funded by Kilmacud's members and completely irrelevant to Games Development Funding.

Every club in the country can hire a GDO, if they have the members willing to fund it. Not many cubs as big as Kilmacud though. And they attract big sponsorships as well.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 01, 2019, 04:00:12 PM

Plenty of brioche to be had if a coherent request for brioche goes to the baker. In fact, some counties have loads of brioche. What are they doing with it?

Why were Fermanagh turned down?

Quote from: Hound on July 01, 2019, 04:51:47 PM

Pauric is an extra GDO that Kilmacud decided to get in, in addition to the standard one. He is 100% funded by Kilmacud's members and completely irrelevant to Games Development Funding.

Every club in the country can hire a GDO, if they have the members willing to fund it. Not many cubs as big as Kilmacud though. And they attract big sponsorships as well.

How much is an extra GDO?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Hound

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 01, 2019, 04:54:55 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 01, 2019, 04:00:12 PM

Why were Fermanagh turned down?

How much is an extra GDO?
Whatever you agree to pay him!

The standard one's set salary is high 20s. 50% funded by the club.

I'd be surprised if PM wasn't getting more, but I've literally no idea.

priceyreilly

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 01, 2019, 03:58:19 PM
poor snowflake.

That aimed at me?

Go back to school and learn how to read.

priceyreilly

Quote from: TheGreatest on July 01, 2019, 04:35:29 PM
poor snowflake.

We (Dublin) only measure success on winning All Irelands, not provincials.

Not pre-doping, you barely won any All Ireland's then. Warning, graph on the way!!! Incoming.

priceyreilly

Does anyone know where I can get data on the Leinster ladies senior football roll of honour? I've done a graph but I've had to omit data on this and only included national league and All Ireland data. 

priceyreilly

Why do you continue to talk shite? Pretending the GDO funding is some completely separate thing. Without the funding from us, wouldn't Kilmacud have less money to splash out on extras? Same with every other club in Dublin.
I have a graph on the way to show the difference the GDO money PLUS the extra income gathered off the back of that has done for Dublin GAA. The GDO's are a vital cog in the system, they get in at the base level. Teach the basics, get players into clubs, give coaching lessons to parents, identify elite talent, direct them the development squad process overseen by the highly paid officers. It's a multi million euro system.