Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

Quote from: tyrone girl on June 04, 2009, 09:47:53 AM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on June 03, 2009, 10:14:36 PM
are these teletext hols as good as everyone says?? Any catches?? basically lookin a week or 2 away (for 2), cheap and hot, don't care where..teletxt the best bet?

Yep if i was looking for that id defo go with the teletext hols, use the website. As i said before got £175 for turkey for a wk round the 12th july few years back. There was loads on offer, go from belfast, dub whereevers handiest. Just keep checking and something will come up
Thon site looks really good, won't be booking for another 2 or 3 weeks but i know where to go!Some bargains to be had alright  :)

Rav67

Heading to Thailand can only really go for 2.5 weeks cos of work, would that be long enough?  Would like to see around a bit but wouldn't wanna be travelling all the time, maybe 4 different places would be enough to go I think.

bailestil

Thinking of heading to Thailand for 2 weeks around november time.
Was in Bangkok, Ko Sok and Ao Nang/Krabi 2 years ago. Beautiful place.

Thinking of heading to phuket direction this time. any advice on places to etc?

Rav67 - 2.5 weeks would be enough time. Few days in bangkok, head north for a while then head south to Krabi and/ or phuket.

I done a tour with intrepid from bangkok to singapore which took 15 days or so. was great. got to see loads of thailand malayasia and singapore. handy to fly into bangkok and fly out of singapore.

orangeman

Quote from: Rav67 on June 04, 2009, 07:48:53 PM
Heading to Thailand can only really go for 2.5 weeks cos of work, would that be long enough?  Would like to see around a bit but wouldn't wanna be travelling all the time, maybe 4 different places would be enough to go I think.

Don't put a rope round your balls - very dangerous.  ;)

Rois

Is it time to talk about ski holidays yet?? 

Booked four nights in Puerto Banus, Aer Lingus to Malaga, at the start of September.

After the obligatory twelfth weekend in Rossnowlagh.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Rois on June 04, 2009, 11:33:08 PM

Booked four nights in Puerto Banus, Aer Lingus to Malaga, at the start of September.

You have a thread for ski holidays. Sling yer hook ;)

Oakleafer93

Has anone ever been to Boston? What do you advise to do, go to see etc?

Derry Dolly

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on June 05, 2009, 10:08:43 AM
friends of mine went to the six flags water park and loved it..

can anyone advise on cheap inter state flights in america/best value etc?

Tyronelass

Quote from: ziggysego on June 03, 2009, 07:19:03 PM
Quote from: Tyronelass on June 03, 2009, 06:18:16 PM
Heading on 3 week honeymoon to vegas, LA, Hawaii & San Fran in July & can't wait!  ;D

and as for the options, if u not set on going a particular place I'd say def wait & book something last minute.
Check out travelzoo.com, I've signed up & every week they email a top 20 list on best sales/ last minute things, from B&b's to cruises. Its one of the them emailing can't help but look at just incase something is just to good to refuse.  :-\

Still waiting my invite in the post... cus!

Damn royal mail!!  >:( Thou with u being family surely u knew u were already invited!

gawa316

Quote from: Derry Dolly on June 15, 2009, 09:10:35 AM

We've used Jet Blue a couple of times and they were the business

Derry Dolly

Quote from: gawa316 on June 15, 2009, 09:47:14 AM

just tried it there but they dont do flifgts for where im looking (san diego to las vegas)

lynchbhoy

if you can , stay around the boston common/downtown area.
Great places to eat/drink/shopping etc
cant rem the name of the place but theres a great area with shops/food / bars in downtown beside city hall
then at the handcock tower theres the large shopping centre also with great food/drink places (I like the cheesecake fatory for dinner and the obligitory desserts )
Some great fish restaurants in Boston also. I could try to rem the names of a couple if you like?
Also go to harvard square north of the charles river, great vibe all around the university campus - again bars/food places all good.
John hancock bar and the house of blues around here.

if theres a game on in town baseball etc, then try get to see it as fenway park is great.
Lansdowne road beside fenway used to be the big nightclub area if you are into that kind of thing.

am sure if you checked out the info on trip advisor you would hear more /better ideas !

couple of shopping outlets outside of boston are good - wife reckons one is almost the best in america only slightly behind Orlando and way ahead of NY's woodberry common !

gawa316

Quote from: Derry Dolly on June 15, 2009, 10:01:29 AM

just tried it there but they dont do flifgts for where im looking (san diego to las vegas)

US Airways is probbly your best bet then. Was just checking for myself flying Fresno to Vegas and it's $143.

Try cheaptickets.com or the actual airline

supersarsfields

Quote from: Rois on June 04, 2009, 11:33:08 PM

Just back from a week in Puerto Banus. We flew from international with Easyjet into Malaga aswell.
Which hotel are ya staying at Rois? We were in the PYR apartments. Nice enough. Wasn't overly impressed with the nightlife over there to be honest.

tyrone girl

Quote from: Derry Dolly on June 15, 2009, 10:01:29 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on June 15, 2009, 09:47:14 AM

South west airlines for san diego to vegas usually ur best bet