General question on the South - is proof of vaccination required to enter hotels

Started by nrico2006, August 04, 2021, 12:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 04, 2021, 04:08:22 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 04, 2021, 03:33:48 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 04, 2021, 03:22:10 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 04, 2021, 02:58:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 04, 2021, 01:14:44 PM
Alternatively get the vaccine and not worry

What if those vaccinated get the virus again? They'll still be allowed indoors no questions asked as long as they have a vaccine certificate. Can anyone be certain people will do the right thing and stay away, while knowing they have the virus?

It's about the balance of risk. Current evidence points to a lower viral load for vaccinated people. Lower risk. It's not eliminated but it's lower. Plus if they are vaccinated as shown by current hospital figures the risk of them being a drain on the NHS if they do catch Covid is significantly lower.

Maybe so. But an unvaccinated customer without covid, is still less risk than a vaccinated customer with covid.

You could be in a pub with 50 other people, with everyone of them knowing they have covid or symptoms, but they just don't bother to declare it. They only care they have a certificate that entitles them to drink/eat indoors. That's the reality.
True but the unvaccinated person is just as likely to have Covid as the vaccinated. And is more likely to do damage to him/her self and others.
I know you want to normalise not getting the vaccine but it won't work. Look at the hospitalised figures and you'll see the damage the people who are unvaccinated are causing.

Yes, but take the AI final. Say Mayo (not picking on Mayo btw)  fans want to watch the match in a pub, but can only do so if they have a certificate. Let's say a few have symptoms or tested positive, and think f**k it!, I'm still going for the craic. I'm not watching us potentially win the AI stuck in the spare room. That's where we're heading with this nonsense.

I'm not normalising not getting the vaccine. I'm looking at the bigger picture here. I could understand if these passports were a temporary measure until the vaccine rollout was complete. But you can bet your ass it won't be going away. So why will these passports still be mandatory even if every single person in the country gets jabbed? I don't think it's right that anyone is walking around like a barcode on a tin of beans, being scanned/tracked everywhere they go

I said this was coming over a year ago (I've heard about the plans for it maybe 10-12 years ago), and I didn't like it then. I sure as hell don't like it now.

JoG2

Quote from: BennyCake on August 04, 2021, 06:18:08 PM

What if those vaccinated get the virus again? They'll still be allowed indoors no questions asked as long as they have a vaccine certificate. Can anyone be certain people will do the right thing and stay away, while knowing they have the virus?

It's about the balance of risk. Current evidence points to a lower viral load for vaccinated people. Lower risk. It's not eliminated but it's lower. Plus if they are vaccinated as shown by current hospital figures the risk of them being a drain on the NHS if they do catch Covid is significantly lower.

Maybe so. But an unvaccinated customer without covid, is still less risk than a vaccinated customer with covid.

You could be in a pub with 50 other people, with everyone of them knowing they have covid or symptoms, but they just don't bother to declare it. They only care they have a certificate that entitles them to drink/eat indoors. That's the reality.
True but the unvaccinated person is just as likely to have Covid as the vaccinated. And is more likely to do damage to him/her self and others.
I know you want to normalise not getting the vaccine but it won't work. Look at the hospitalised figures and you'll see the damage the people who are unvaccinated are causing.

Yes, but take the AI final. Say Mayo (not picking on Mayo btw)  fans want to watch the match in a pub, but can only do so if they have a certificate. Let's say a few have symptoms or tested positive, and think f**k it!, I'm still going for the craic. I'm not watching us potentially win the AI stuck in the spare room. That's where we're heading with this nonsense.

I'm not normalising not getting the vaccine. I'm looking at the bigger picture here. I could understand if these passports were a temporary measure until the vaccine rollout was complete. But you can bet your ass it won't be going away. So why will these passports still be mandatory even if every single person in the country gets jabbed? I don't think it's right that anyone is walking around like a barcode on a tin of beans, being scanned/tracked everywhere they go

I said this was coming over a year ago (I've heard about the plans for it maybe 10-12 years ago), and I didn't like it then. I sure as hell don't like it now.

Your bigger picture Benny is like some abstract painting.

trueblue1234

There's no stopping someone if they are going to do that, but I don't honestly believe many will have that attitude. But at least if they have the vaccine, we'll have restricted their impact.

If everyone has the vaccine, then there would be no need for the passport. But that's not going to happen so the passport is required for the foreseeable. I have no idea about your barcode comment, just smacks of paranoia. No one wants to get the vaccine for the craic of it. It's a necessity given the unvaccinated are exasperating the problem with the NHS.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

imtommygunn

Even if every single person in the country gets jabbed....

A purely hypothetical scenario that you can not know Benny.

BennyCake

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 04, 2021, 06:27:19 PM

There's no stopping someone if they are going to do that, but I don't honestly believe many will have that attitude. But at least if they have the vaccine, we'll have restricted their impact.

If everyone has the vaccine, then there would be no need for the passport. But that's not going to happen so the passport is required for the foreseeable. I have no idea about your barcode comment, just smacks of paranoia. No one wants to get the vaccine for the craic of it. It's a necessity given the unvaccinated are exasperating the problem with the NHS.

Yes you're right. Country 100% jabbed, no need for passports. But do you really think they'll go away? This is about more than covid passports. This is a digital ID card.

As for the bar code, that's effectively what your digital passport will be. Each shop, pub, gym, cinema etc you enter, your digital footprint is left. Every move tracked. Are you comfortable with that? Because that's just the tip of the iceberg. Once they adapt this covid passport, there's no way back. Laws such as these are never repealed. But I suppose it is for the good of society  ::)

trueblue1234

Quote from: BennyCake on August 04, 2021, 07:26:31 PM

Yes you're right. Country 100% jabbed, no need for passports. But do you really think they'll go away? This is about more than covid passports. This is a digital ID card.

As for the bar code, that's effectively what your digital passport will be. Each shop, pub, gym, cinema etc you enter, your digital footprint is left. Every move tracked. Are you comfortable with that? Because that's just the tip of the iceberg. Once they adapt this covid passport, there's no way back. Laws such as these are never repealed. But I suppose it is for the good of society  ::)

I'll be honest and say I think that is complete paranoid sh!te. People clinging to an excuse that's in their head to justify why they won't get the vaccine. And I think people peddling this crap would want to have a word with themselves if they are using this as some sort of justification as to why they aren't getting the vaccine.

BennyCake

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 04, 2021, 07:53:17 PM

I'll be honest and say I think that is complete paranoid sh!te. People clinging to an excuse that's in their head to justify why they won't get the vaccine. And I think people peddling this crap would want to have a word with themselves if they are using this as some sort of justification as to why they aren't getting the vaccine.

Have you actually seen me saying I won't be getting/haven't got the vaccine?

As I said, as a temporary measure until the rollout is complete, I can sort of understand. But it's not going to be that way. You have to ask yourself...... why the need for passports continuing after everyone is vaccinated?

I said it over a year ago these passports were coming, and here we are. Try to remember this discussion in a year or two. It mightn't sound like "paranoid shite" then.

GAABoardMod5

Moved this from Tayto and Zoo thread as topic worthy of its own thread...

armaghniac

Vaccination cert requirements are caused by people acting the maggot and not getting vaccinated. If anyone has problems with the requirements than I suggest they address their comments to that group.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trueblue1234

Quote from: BennyCake on August 04, 2021, 08:25:32 PM

As I said, as a temporary measure until the rollout is complete, I can sort of understand. But it's not going to be that way. You have to ask yourself...... why the need for passports continuing after everyone is vaccinated?

I said it over a year ago these passports were coming, and here we are. Try to remember this discussion in a year or two. It mightn't sound like "paranoid shite" then.

I don't know if your getting it or not. I just know the stance your taking on this thread. Have you been vaccinated?

Everyone won't be vaccinated. Hence the need for the passport. Temporary/ long term doesn't matter. If it's required to help get things back to normal then I don't care.

You mentioned it a year ago and It sounded like paranoid shite then, a year has passed and it still sounds like paranoid shite. I'm fairly confident it'll sound like paranoid shite in 1, 3, 10 years time.

Armagh18

Lads anyone know how you show proof of vaccination (jabbed in the North) if you are flying abroad? Is the app up and running yet? And is that shitty little vaccination card acceptable if you want to eat or drink indoors in the south?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on August 04, 2021, 09:15:49 PM
Lads anyone know how you show proof of vaccination (jabbed in the North) if you are flying abroad? Is the app up and running yet? And is that shitty little vaccination card acceptable if you want to eat or drink indoors in the south?

They said the shitty little card with ID is acceptable, when getting the jab they told you to keep it safe, keep the shit off it and it's fine
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ardtole

The card id for vaccination in the north is accepted in the south. Some places might ask for photo id as well.

BennyCake

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 04, 2021, 09:13:16 PM

I don't know if your getting it or not. I just know the stance your taking on this thread. Have you been vaccinated?

Everyone won't be vaccinated. Hence the need for the passport. Temporary/ long term doesn't matter. If it's required to help get things back to normal then I don't care.

You mentioned it a year ago and It sounded like paranoid shite then, a year has passed and it still sounds like paranoid shite. I'm fairly confident it'll sound like paranoid shite in 1, 3, 10 years time.

That's interesting, that you think the passport will help things get back to normal. How is having your whereabouts scanned every farts end, normal?

If me, you, Tom Dick Harry and everyone else is vaccinated, then as you say, the risk of infection/transmission is lower. So why can't we all just go to the pub as normal if we're all at a lower risk? And our possible transmission of the virus is at a lower level. THAT would be 'back to normal'.

JoG2

Quote from: BennyCake on August 04, 2021, 09:56:19 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 04, 2021, 09:13:16 PM

That's interesting, that you think the passport will help things get back to normal. How is having your whereabouts scanned every farts end, normal?

If me, you, Tom Dick Harry and everyone else is vaccinated, then as you say, the risk of infection/transmission is lower. So why can't we all just go to the pub as normal if we're all at a lower risk? And our possible transmission of the virus is at a lower level. THAT would be 'back to normal'.

You literally cannot argue with stupid. Move onto another topic lad. Christ almighty