NFL Division 2 - 2020

Started by Captain Obvious, January 10, 2020, 05:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keeperlit

Quote from: giveballaghback on February 01, 2020, 11:48:54 PM
Armagh host Kildare next week, if they don't win that they are staying in div2.

Staying in division 2 would be a result. I fear we could end up in div 3.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: LCohen on February 02, 2020, 08:30:37 AM
Armagh fans should be provided with 2 templates to post.......

........Our defensive frailties were exposed last night but not the week before. They were there on both occasions. The difference last night was that the attacking game imploded.

Great post and bang on the money.

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 02, 2020, 08:35:09 AM
If we don't win then we will have a fight to stay in division 2

Genuinely don't understand the attitude of some Armagh fans who think we will be really pushing for promotion. I'd love if we were, but I have not seen any evidence to suggest that will be the case. Hopefully last night will serve as a reality check.

Edited to say: Just realised that giveballaghback is not an Armagh fan, but the belief I referred to is prevalent in a lot of our supporters.

AFM

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on February 02, 2020, 09:40:14 AM

Genuinely don't understand the attitude of some Armagh fans who think we will be really pushing for promotion. I'd love if we were, but I have not seen any evidence to suggest that will be the case. Hopefully last night will serve as a reality check.

Nail on head, speaking to a lot of fans prior to game last night there was an air of optimism in regards of promotion,  last night shows it would be a slaughtering session in Division 1.  The defensive frailties are there for all to see, the kick outs never improve, the soft frees and the back chat to get frees moved up were inexcusable, can't understand why it took Geezer so long to make changes, Donaghy is too slow in my opinion - second to everything, though he was not the reason Armagh were given a trimming last night.

tonto1888

Quote from: LCohen on February 02, 2020, 08:30:37 AM
Armagh fans should be provided with 2 templates to post.......

........Our defensive frailties were exposed last night but not the week before. They were there on both occasions. The difference last night was that the attacking game imploded.

Great post and bang on the money.

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 02, 2020, 08:35:09 AM
If we don't win then we will have a fight to stay in division 2

Edited to say: Just realised that giveballaghback is not an Armagh fan, but the belief I referred to is prevalent in a lot of our supporters.

I fully agree mate. We aren't a division one side. Our forwards may be division one standard. If and when they click but that's it. Number one priority has to be staying in division 2. Anything else is a bonus

Throw ball

Quote from: AFM on February 02, 2020, 09:46:16 AM

Nail on head, speaking to a lot of fans prior to game last night there was an air of optimism in regards of promotion,  last night shows it would be a slaughtering session in Division 1.  The defensive frailties are there for all to see, the kick outs never improve, the soft frees and the back chat to get frees moved up were inexcusable, can't understand why it took Geezer so long to make changes, Donaghy is too slow in my opinion - second to everything, though he was not the reason Armagh were given a trimming last night.

While I agree with most of what you say I feel you are completely wrong about Donaghy even if yesterday was not his best outing. He is critical to any defensive shape Armagh do have. I am also convinced that if he hadn't have gotten himself sent of in Cavan match last summer then Armagh would have made an Ulster Final. The bigger problem is that considering his age that doesn't augur well for our defence in the next year or 2.

Rossfan

Time to hit the narrow twisty windy roads of Laythrum, and West Cavan plus the pothole road of Fermanagh to see can we take a step nearer D1 or will it be D3....
I hear a good few went up last night.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

LCohen

Quote from: AFM on February 02, 2020, 09:46:16 AM

If the height of our capabilities is to yo-yo between top of Division 2 and bottom of Division 1 and taking the odd trimming along the way then we should be doing all we can to get there. Division 1 is not something to be avoided

But Laois isn't one of the sides that should be giving us a trimming along the way.

In the first instance kick outs and the Full Back - sweeper - CHB axis needs to be sorted. Would be very surprised if Brendan Donaghy does not remain our best answer to either of the latter two positions.

Itchy

Huge win for us last night. Absolutely atrocious in the first half, possibly the worst 35 mins I've ever seen from Cavan. Scored after a minute, didn't score again for 30 minutes or hardly left our own half either. The introduction of Thomas Galligan to midfield and Stephen Murray made a massive impact as they tore into westmesth and had it level, then westmeath no 8 was reintroduced after a sin binning and they hit 1-2 without reply and with an extra man (cavan lost a man to a ridiculously soft straight red after 25 mins). Cavan reeled in the ultra defensive westmeath and got the goal near in injury time to seal it. Super fight back and a massive boost for the young players especially who have clearly been feeling the pressure. Well done to them.

Itchy

Div2 is pure carnage

Clare beat Kildare by a point
Fermanagh beat Ros by a point.

larryin89

I'm a little unsure of how things work for tier two championship, if ros were relegated and failed to reach Connacht final would that mean they are tier two for championship?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

MayoBuck

Quote from: larryin89 on February 02, 2020, 03:49:45 PM
I'm a little unsure of how things work for tier two championship, if ros were relegated and failed to reach Connacht final would that mean they are tier two for championship?

Yes

Look-Up!

Team               P   W   D   L   Dif   Pts
Laois               2   1   1    0      6    3
Armagh           2   1   0    1      7    2
Kildare            2   1   0    1      3    2
Clare               2   1   0    1      0    2
Fermanagh      2   1   0    1      -3    2
Westmeath      2   1   0    1      -3    2
Cavan             2   1   0    1      -9    2
Roscommon    2   0   1    1      -1    1

Gotta love this Division. That's the table by my reckoning.

Itchy

Follow @gaaleaguetables on twitter for all your football and hurling tables

Blowitupref

Round 2 confirms we have a highly competitive division 2 with plenty of twists and turns ahead.

Well done Fermanagh and Clare on their wins against the odds today.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Dinny Breen

8 points could get you promoted 6 points could get you relegated....
#newbridgeornowhere