Who’s Been Cancelled??

Started by screenexile, June 20, 2020, 11:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: sid waddell on March 04, 2021, 11:41:39 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on March 04, 2021, 11:10:18 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 03, 2021, 09:08:57 PM
Just a heads up to mods (I've reported it also) that Angelo is quite clearly accusing me of being involved in the oral rape of a minor

And that should be an automatic banning offence, no questions asked

Whoever is behind the Angelo account is clearly a horrible individual, and I 100% mean that

And just a heads up that you have on different occasions, accused me of being "into dead children" and "supporting killing children".

I'd say that's worthy of a permanent ban too. Yet here you still are.

And to cap the above off, you have, as seems to be a general consensus from the posters on this thread, just totally fabricated a claim that another poster accused you of raping a minor.

You have proven, time and time again, that you are not above using allegations of crimes against children/attitudes to crimes against children as a means to take digs at other posters. You have today done so yet again.

Mods need to get the finger out once and for all.

P.s. Angelo, as it stands, the claims against McDermott are just that - claims. Unless he is charged and found guilty, then it's not right to spread such rumours online and to present them as fact.
But you're a supporter of the Provisional IRA - and all that goes with it

The Provisional IRA murdered children, their strategy, their whole modus operandi, was murder

So what I said about you is absolutely fair comment - dead children were an integral part of the PIRA's modus operandi

The subject of the PIRA is by definition an emotive one - and truths about that issue are by definition emotive and polarising - not least because the PIRA has significant support on this forum

But that's not a reason to not tell the truth

You don't like it because it's perfectly fair comment which makes you look bad - your objections are purely offence at fair comment - which are not legitimate objections whatsoever

On the other hand, I haven't fabricated anything about what Qangelo said about me or about his weasel words about other cases of child sex abuse - namely the Celtic case

On this thread, he quite clearly implied that I was involved in the rape of a 16 year old - and there is literally no other conclusion that can be drawn about what he said

He said that the allegations against Eoghan McDermott had exposed me and Eoghan McDermott as vile opportunists - but I'm not Eoghan McDermott, I don't have anything to do with him, I've barely heard of the guy

Qangelo calling McDermott a vile opportunist was directly to do with the rape allegation currently circulating against McDermott - and therefore mentioning me in the same breath was also to do with the same allegation

So that is indeed a baseless rape allegation against me

Again, that's a banning offence, and in the real world, an actual criminal offence

A lot of people on this forum, you included, need some serious home truths told to them because they're retreating into a bizarro fantasy world

The lack of self awareness by you Sid is crazy. I can't believe you've managed to get me to do this, but to stand up for Angelo, I would say if you asked 100 posters on this forum if they felt Angelo was linking you to the allegations, it would be 99 no and 1 yes.
You used to post some good points previously, but you have completely lost the run of yourself lately. You chase a few posters around the board with some demented agenda that every thread you get involved in goes to sh!te. You don't accept this, which is fine. But I'd link you back to my first statement.

A break from the board would help. Even if your correct, it's not healthy pursuing the agendas the way you do. I gave up on Angelo ages ago with regards to having a genuine debate. But you seem to seek out these heated encounters and have posted a few posts recently that were obviously put out to antagonise and start such a heated debate.

It's not healthy.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Snapchap

Quote from: sid waddell on March 04, 2021, 11:55:49 AM
I don't support the old IRA or glorify them,

Go on then. Condemn them.

EDIT:

Scrap that. I don't wish to engage in conversation with a poster who fabricates allegations around child rape., or who accuses posters of being "into dead children".

Mods, please deal with the cretin.

sid waddell

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 04, 2021, 11:57:32 AM
Just a heads up to mods (I've reported it also) that Angelo is quite clearly accusing me of being involved in the oral rape of a minor

Whoever is behind the Angelo account is clearly a horrible individual, and I 100% mean that

And just a heads up that you have on different occasions, accused me of being "into dead children" and "supporting killing children".

And to cap the above off, you have, as seems to be a general consensus from the posters on this thread, just totally fabricated a claim that another poster accused you of raping a minor.

You have proven, time and time again, that you are not above using allegations of crimes against children/attitudes to crimes against children as a means to take digs at other posters. You have today done so yet again.

P.s. Angelo, as it stands, the claims against McDermott are just that - claims. Unless he is charged and found guilty, then it's not right to spread such rumours online and to present them as fact.

The Provisional IRA murdered children, their strategy, their whole modus operandi, was murder

So what I said about you is absolutely fair comment - dead children were an integral part of the PIRA's modus operandi

The subject of the PIRA is by definition an emotive one - and truths about that issue are by definition emotive and polarising - not least because the PIRA has significant support on this forum

You don't like it because it's perfectly fair comment which makes you look bad - your objections are purely offence at fair comment - which are not legitimate objections whatsoever

On the other hand, I haven't fabricated anything about what Qangelo said about me or about his weasel words about other cases of child sex abuse - namely the Celtic case

On this thread, he quite clearly implied that I was involved in the rape of a 16 year old - and there is literally no other conclusion that can be drawn about what he said

He said that the allegations against Eoghan McDermott had exposed me and Eoghan McDermott as vile opportunists - but I'm not Eoghan McDermott, I don't have anything to do with him, I've barely heard of the guy

Qangelo calling McDermott a vile opportunist was directly to do with the rape allegation currently circulating against McDermott - and therefore mentioning me in the same breath was also to do with the same allegation

Again, that's a banning offence, and in the real world, an actual criminal offence

A lot of people on this forum, you included, need some serious home truths told to them because they're retreating into a bizarro fantasy world

The lack of self awareness by you Sid is crazy. I can't believe you've managed to get me to do this, but to stand up for Angelo, I would say if you asked 100 posters on this forum if they felt Angelo was linking you to the allegations, it would be 99 no and 1 yes.
You used to post some good points previously, but you have completely lost the run of yourself lately. You chase a few posters around the board with some demented agenda that every thread you get involved in goes to sh!te. You don't accept this, which is fine. But I'd link you back to my first statement.

A break from the board would help. Even if your correct, it's not healthy pursuing the agendas the way you do. I gave up on Angelo ages ago with regards to having a genuine debate. But you seem to seek out these heated encounters and have posted a few posts recently that were obviously put out to antagonise and start such a heated debate.

It's not healthy.
Nobody has provided any rationale for why I am wrong in this

Not one poster, not one point

I have quite clearly and logically spelled out exactly what that poster did - and in the real world it is a criminal offence

Truth doesn't care about your feelings

trueblue1234

Quote from: sid waddell on March 04, 2021, 12:01:17 PM

It's not healthy.

I have quite clearly and logically spelled out exactly what that poster did - and in the real world it is a criminal offence

I'm not here to change your opinion. I didn't expect you would. But just to advise you to be more aware that if everyone else is of one opinion, and your the only one with the opposite, it might be worth a harder look. Anyway do, don't, I don't care. It was genuinely meant as some advise. As I said earlier, even if your right on the points your arguing, I don't think all the negativity is healthy, even if it's just an on line forum. 

sid waddell

Quote from: Snapchap on March 04, 2021, 11:59:45 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 04, 2021, 11:55:49 AM
I don't support the old IRA or glorify them,

Go on then. Condemn them.
This is pathetic carry on from you now

You are the person with questions to answer, not me, because you are the person that glorifies the PIRA, I don't glorify the old IRA

But the thing is - it's too late for you to answer, because you already answered long ago

Because you have continually supported the actions of the PIRA and thus my comments about you are entirely fair

Do you glorify the old IRA?

Would seem strange that you wouldn't, given that you glorify the PIRA

Yet suddenly you're now appearing to back yourself into a position where you were anti-old IRA?  ;D

Bizarrer and bizarrer

sid waddell

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 04, 2021, 12:08:17 PM

It's not healthy.

I'm not here to change your opinion. I didn't expect you would. But just to advise you to be more aware that if everyone else is of one opinion, and your the only one with the opposite, it might be worth a harder look. Anyway do, don't, I don't care. It was genuinely meant as some advise. As I said earlier, even if your right on the points your arguing, I don't think all the negativity is healthy, even if it's just an on line forum.
It's not an opinion that Qangelo maliciously and baselessly implied I was a child rapist

It is fact

And it's a criminal offence to do that in the real world

Anybody who "supports" Angelo in that is as bad

We're seeing the true colours of several posters emerge here

trueblue1234

Quote from: sid waddell on March 04, 2021, 12:11:38 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 04, 2021, 12:08:17 PM

It's not healthy.

It's not an opinion that Qangelo maliciously and baselessly implied I was a child rapist

It is fact

And it's a criminal offence to do that in the real world

Anybody who "supports" Angelo in that is as bad

We're seeing the true colours of several posters emerge here

Dead on.

Angelo

Is Sid saying he is Eoghan McDermott here?

I did not know he was.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Keyser soze

Franko

Quote from: sid waddell on March 04, 2021, 09:13:23 AM
Quote from: Franko on March 04, 2021, 09:08:43 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 04, 2021, 08:34:05 AM
Quote from: Franko on March 04, 2021, 08:19:43 AM
Quote from: Ed Ricketts on March 03, 2021, 11:25:03 PM
The stuff on the last couple of pages of this thread is poisonous shite that no one wants to read.

Petty, repugnant flame wars waged by self obsessed, attention craving c***ts not only bore the shite out of the rest of us, but destroy the opportunity for others to develop a real discussion.

And this crap isn't just contained here, it's flung all over the board to the extent that practically every popular thread reeks of it.

If our new mod is going to let things like this fly then the board is as good as done. Moderating an internet forum is about cultivating an environment that encourages contributors to produce the content for which we're all here. The environment about this place at the minute is toxic and inhospitable.

+1

Pathetic stuff from both.
Wrong

He actually accused me of rape on the thread

He didn't.  You conjured that yourself to allow yourself an excuse to get angry and continue yet another petty feud.

This has already been pointed out by other posters.

Anyway, you two fire away there, I've no interest in getting dragged into your schoolyard nonsense.
Oh he absolutely did

He clearly referenced "me" "being shown up as a vile hypocrite" in relation to an allegation of rape being made against a radio presenter

That is absolutely an allegation that I was somehow personally involved in the rape of a 16 year old

That should be an automatic permanent banning

Posters like you complain about what's happening on this forum - yet you share some of the blame for what that sc**bag has done to the forum because you enable him and refuse to call him out for his sc**bag behaviour

That's enabling

My posts have been spot on here

I'm sorry sid, but the only people on on here that think that you are any different to him are.... you and him.

So I'll repeat my earlier point.

I'll leave it at that, lest I get accused by the other looney of enabling you.

sid waddell

Quote from: Franko on March 04, 2021, 01:22:08 PM
The stuff on the last couple of pages of this thread is poisonous shite that no one wants to read.

Petty, repugnant flame wars waged by self obsessed, attention craving c***ts not only bore the shite out of the rest of us, but destroy the opportunity for others to develop a real discussion.

And this crap isn't just contained here, it's flung all over the board to the extent that practically every popular thread reeks of it.

If our new mod is going to let things like this fly then the board is as good as done. Moderating an internet forum is about cultivating an environment that encourages contributors to produce the content for which we're all here. The environment about this place at the minute is toxic and inhospitable.

+1

Wrong

He didn't.  You conjured that yourself to allow yourself an excuse to get angry and continue yet another petty feud.

Anyway, you two fire away there, I've no interest in getting dragged into your schoolyard nonsense.
Oh he absolutely did

He clearly referenced "me" "being shown up as a vile hypocrite" in relation to an allegation of rape being made against a radio presenter

That is absolutely an allegation that I was somehow personally involved in the rape of a 16 year old

Posters like you complain about what's happening on this forum - yet you share some of the blame for what that sc**bag has done to the forum because you enable him and refuse to call him out for his sc**bag behaviour

That's enabling

I'm sorry sid, but the only people on on here that think that you are any different to him are.... you and him.

None of this is an argument from you - you are not arguing with my points

And your false equivalence bluster is indeed enablement of the lunatic

This thread is very instructive as to how fake news and disinformation spreads, and demagogues thrive

They thrive because they are enabled - and those who have the guts to stand up to them and expose the for what they are get vilified and branded as equivalent

The DUP enabling Loyalist terrorists because "at least they're not Catholics" and their support sees it that way too, and they dare not lose their support - is an example of this mindset

Total moral bankruptcy

Exact same phenomenon at play here

Franko

Quote from: sid waddell on March 04, 2021, 01:31:30 PM
Quote from: Franko on March 04, 2021, 01:22:08 PM

+1

Wrong

Oh he absolutely did

That's enabling

None of this is an argument from you - you are not arguing with my points

And your false equivalence bluster is indeed enablement of the lunatic

This thread is very instructive as to how fake news and disinformation spreads, and demagogues thrive

They thrive because they are enabled - and those who have the guts to stand up to them and expose the for what they are get vilified and branded as equivalent

The DUP enabling Loyalist terrorists because "at least they're not Catholics" and their support sees it that way too, and they dare not lose their support - is an example of this mindset

Total moral bankruptcy

Exact same phenomenon at play here

That because I've no interest in arguing with you.

I have my opinion - you say it's wrong.

That's fine - I don't really care.

Gabriel_Hurl

"I've no interest in arguing with you"

*continues arguing*

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 04, 2021, 03:17:54 PM
"I've no interest in arguing with you"

*continues arguing*
;D You've been around here a long time Gab!

Franko

Got sucked into the whirlpool...  took me 3 goes to get out