The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on March 11, 2019, 07:26:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 11, 2019, 06:49:55 PM
City won 3-1. Seriously some gurning about that match..

Liverpool by far an easier run in, Utd will go all out to beat City, that's a given. Liverpool should just look after their own games as that's all they have control over.

Couple of twists and turns left before season is over. Could even come down to goal difference

I don't know.

I would expect United fans to be approaching that game with serious mixed feelings, whatever about the team themselves.

Sort of like Liverpool against Blackburn on that last day in 1995. We all went "oh shit!" when Redknapp fired that 25 yard freekick into the top corner in the last minute for the Liverpool winner.

Fortunately, Andy Cole ran into that big West Ham keeper having the game of his life, and United blew their end of the deal.

Andy had plenty of chances that day.. one that got away but season Blackburn had would have been unfair on them.

City have FA cup champion league and league, after Wed Liverpool could be just concentrating on the league, I'd say if Pep had a choice it will be the CL.. as for mixed feelings among Utd fans I'd say Liverpool winning the league and stopping City from doing the quadruple would be ok
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Someone posted the fixtures on another thread, there wouldn't be that much in them but one place Liverpool can gain an advantage is playing this weekend when City are involved in the Cup and potentially on semi final weekend too. Points on the board trump games in hand all the time.

United will always try against City.

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 11, 2019, 07:35:58 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 11, 2019, 07:26:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 11, 2019, 06:49:55 PM
City won 3-1. Seriously some gurning about that match..

Liverpool by far an easier run in, Utd will go all out to beat City, that's a given. Liverpool should just look after their own games as that's all they have control over.

Couple of twists and turns left before season is over. Could even come down to goal difference

I don't know.

I would expect United fans to be approaching that game with serious mixed feelings, whatever about the team themselves.

Sort of like Liverpool against Blackburn on that last day in 1995. We all went "oh shit!" when Redknapp fired that 25 yard freekick into the top corner in the last minute for the Liverpool winner.

Fortunately, Andy Cole ran into that big West Ham keeper having the game of his life, and United blew their end of the deal.

Andy had plenty of chances that day.. one that got away but season Blackburn had would have been unfair on them.

City have FA cup champion league and league, after Wed Liverpool could be just concentrating on the league, I'd say if Pep had a choice it will be the CL.. as for mixed feelings among Utd fans I'd say Liverpool winning the league and stopping City from doing the quadruple would be ok

A squad that cost nearly a billion feckin quid! I'm sure that squad could handle a few additional domestic cup games.

Very little between both clubs remaining fixtures. Salah finding his mojo is key. He's working but there's little end product atm.

Milltown Row2

Leicester won it so using money as an excuse won't cut it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 11, 2019, 08:14:59 PM

Ahh, the old Leicester counter.

Seeing Man City winning a league another league title will only be slightly more craic than seeing the Dubs win another Sam!

HiMucker

finish this off "the exception proves...."?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: HiMucker on March 11, 2019, 08:44:10 PM
finish this off "the exception proves...."?

The exception being the rule would surely suit Liverpool? They've never won the PL... I'll get my coat

dec

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Mignolet, Fabinho, Lovren, Sturridge, Lallana, Shaqiri, Origi.

dec

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Milltown Row2

Liverpool have been brilliant..

Harold Disgracey

Robertson is going to be a big miss.

J70

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 13, 2019, 09:51:57 PM

Is it just me or has Robertson been a bit Morenoesque on occasion over the past month or so?

The odd rash tackle, questionable positioning...

AZOffaly

Quote from: J70 on March 13, 2019, 09:56:34 PM

Is it just me or has Robertson been a bit Morenoesque on occasion over the past month or so?

The odd rash tackle, questionable positioning...
y

That's a bit of an exaggeration but he has had a few moments alright.

laoislad

Milner will fill in there I'd imagine.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.