Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on November 03, 2015, 10:31:32 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 02, 2015, 09:13:07 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on November 02, 2015, 09:08:08 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on November 02, 2015, 04:02:58 PM
I presume the leagues are more or less done and dusted at this stage?

Loughgeil Div1 in the bag with something to spare, St Galls and Clooney down to Div1B, with the Sars, Armoy, St Pauls and Cushendul moving down to Div2 providing Creggan can pick up another point from their 4 games in hand!

Not sure about Div1, but the lack of competitive hurling worked against us this year. Hopefully Div1B will be more competitive with Clooney and St Galls in the mix.

The fall of the Sars has been a bit of a surprise, what is happening there?

Bit of a crisis at sarsfields with not being able to field and talk of transfers.
Mr2 might enlighten us but I'm not optimistic about galls continued competitiveness with their better players getting on a bit.

We'll be competitive enough for a couple more years yet

I meant with the top tier teams rather than at Division2.

Within 1B? or in div 1 A? we'll only see them come championship I'd imagine so I doubt it... We'll be good for 40 minutes  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bonamargy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 03, 2015, 10:33:47 AM

Loughgeil Div1 in the bag with something to spare, St Galls and Clooney down to Div1B, with the Sars, Armoy, St Pauls and Cushendul moving down to Div2 providing Creggan can pick up another point from their 4 games in hand!

Not sure about Div1, but the lack of competitive hurling worked against us this year. Hopefully Div1B will be more competitive with Clooney and St Galls in the mix.

Bit of a crisis at sarsfields with not being able to field and talk of transfers.
Mr2 might enlighten us but I'm not optimistic about galls continued competitiveness with their better players getting on a bit.

Within 1B? or in div 1 A? we'll only see them come championship I'd imagine so I doubt it... We'll be good for 40 minutes  ;D

If that is the case, would St Galls not be better entering the intermediate if that is their level? They would have a good chance of winning it and getting an all Ireland run going. Would bring a good feeling to the hurling in your club and give it a boost like Rossa got last season. Success breeds success.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bonamargy on November 03, 2015, 11:07:53 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 03, 2015, 10:33:47 AM

If that is the case, would St Galls not be better entering the intermediate if that is their level? They would have a good chance of winning it and getting an all Ireland run going. Would bring a good feeling to the hurling in your club and give it a boost like Rossa got last season. Success breeds success.

We are a step up from intermediate at the minute but certainly it is an option... Having won Ulster and got to Croke park before at that level it was a great feeling within the club, only to be beaten handy in the final and the footballers winning the senior title 2 weeks later FFS, upstaged again  ;D  I jest of course... The run has given Rossa a boost so who knows.. I'd rather we tried to improve on the game against Loughgiel in the summer and build some fitness levels up to the required standard...I'm not sure on the management front this year could be a change which would be interesting if the person I believe is interested
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

MR2 I mean competitive with the top teams in the county - I'd like to think Galls will be looking to win Division 2.

In terms of their championship I think the players themselves will know best.
Do they want to commit to playing senior - if they do then they must commit to all that goes with it. (football or not).
Or do they want to go for Intermediate and try for the All-Ireland series.
Only insiders will know which is the bets fit.

Na Glinntí Glasa

I was at the Lgiel v St Galls match and i was really impressed with them in the first half. Played with an intensity that Lgiel couldnt match. Second half they couldnt keep it up and Lgiel had the subs to bring on and change it up or they would of been in bother.

Galls have the hurlers, they just need a few more to make a bigger squad.
hurl like f**k boi!

Seamroga in exile

There seems to be a bit of shenanigans going on behind the scenes in relation to the appointment of our county manager. One particular individual is holding the whole process up as he doesn't agree with Ciaran Barr's nomination. It's all a bit sad really.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

NAG1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 03, 2015, 03:04:43 PM
SHOCKING!!!!!
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 03, 2015, 03:04:36 PM
There seems to be a bit of shenanigans going on behind the scenes in relation to the appointment of our country manager. One particular individual is holding the whole process up as he doesn't agree with Ciaran Barr's nomination. It's all a bit sad really.

Quality of the proposed back room team that I would have more than an issue with, but that doesnt seem to matter much  ???

cfclg

Quote from: NAG1 on November 03, 2015, 03:18:29 PM
SHOCKING!!!!!
There seems to be a bit of shenanigans going on behind the scenes in relation to the appointment of our country manager. One particular individual is holding the whole process up as he doesn't agree with Ciaran Barr's nomination. It's all a bit sad really.

Quality of the proposed back room team that I would have more than an issue with, but that doesnt seem to matter much  ???

Can you enlighten us as to who these people are? We need names!!

Seamroga in exile

SHOCKING!!!!!

most of the proposed back room team have pretty good CVS. There also is a change to the original team. But I wouldn't be surprised if PJ walked away from it anyway.

Sleeping giant

SHOCKING!!!!!

when the man that was appointed to apoint the new manager is getting under minded by a clown who God willing is hopefully on his way out, there's the issue right there. 

NAG1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 03, 2015, 03:26:47 PM
SHOCKING!!!!!

when the man that was appointed to apoint the new manager is getting under minded by a clown who God willing is hopefully on his way out, there's the issue right there.

That may be your issue with it, the quality of the 'proposed' back room team would be my biggest fear.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on November 03, 2015, 03:48:09 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 03, 2015, 03:26:47 PM
SHOCKING!!!!!

That may be your issue with it, the quality of the 'proposed' back room team would be my biggest fear.

Do they have a CV that has won at the highest levels?? Both county and club??

Seamroga in exile

These are the fellas he had as his back room team.  Gavan duffy, Paul graham, Justin mccarthy and Damien fox. Paul Talty strength and conditioning.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: hardstation on November 03, 2015, 05:42:33 PM
Is that the Cushendun, Rossa and now Gort na Mona Paul Graham?
yes.  That would have been him