County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

If Mick Bohan gets ros gig ye may sell the bus and double your spend on footballs

weareros

Quote from: Itchy on September 21, 2018, 09:11:41 AM
If Mick Bohan gets ros gig ye may sell the bus and double your spend on footballs

Double the footballs, 8 wheels on the bus, and a pint in each hand when we win the All-Ireland.

Rossfan

The best us yet to come ;D

I just realised that one regular Ros poster  "Padraighenrypearse" hasn't been heard of on the Board since McStay left.
He'd never have been a member of the management :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

PadraicHenryPearse

That's the type of logic I'd expect from you. You are as bad as sy.

Cunny Funt

How many management jobs are still vacant. Mayo,Roscommon,Louth any others?   

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 21, 2018, 03:41:46 PM

You have to wonder who would want any of those jobs in the present GAA intercounty climate?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 21, 2018, 04:12:44 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 21, 2018, 03:41:46 PM

You have to wonder who would want any of those jobs in the present GAA intercounty climate?
James Horan for Mayo anyway and he wouldn't be coming back if he didn't think this group of players didn't have at least one more go at the All Ireland before full transition sets in. Roscommon crying out for a manager to make them defend better while the only way is up for Louth after the year they had.

Syferus

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on September 21, 2018, 11:54:23 AM
That's the type of logic I'd expect from you. You are as bad as sy.

The sheer misplaced arrogance of this post is astounding.

Heshs Umpire

Paul Taylor confirmed for Sligo job.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

craicwas90

A decision on the next Kerry senior football manager is imminent with Maurice Fitzgerald emerging as a potential candidate to join front-runners from the outset, Jack O'Connor and Peter Keane.

Speculation has grown locally with one report suggesting that Fitzgerald would be offered the job as head of a management team that had the former Mayo coach Donie Buckley and Fitzgerald's 1997 All-Ireland-winning colleague Stephen Stack on board.

But while Fitzgerald has presented to the four-man committee, headed by chairman Tim Murphy and including secretary Peter Twiss, development officer Eamonn Whelan and coaching officer Terence Houlihan, as a potential choice, it's understood no firm decision has been taken up to yesterday and that the candidacies of O'Connor and Keane, who have both been interviewed, are believed to be still under active consideration. Keane is thought to have been less willing however to meet some of the criteria set out in that meeting.

The preference in Kerry has been for a management team with some of the development components from the previous set-up remaining in place. The selection committee could expand to five on that basis.

Fitzgerald, the 1997 Footballer of the Year, was a selector to Fitzmaurice for the last two years, having previously managed St Mary's Cahersiveen to an All-Ireland intermediate title. However, he has recently taken over as principal of Coláiste na Sceilge which brings an increased workload.

iorras

I think if that happens, it will embolden the Mayo CB to give Solan the gig. younger upcoming manager wins out over lad who had his chance already
Donie Buckley is probably the key to that whole thing if hes as good as the way the mayo players raved about him

Syferus

Quote from: iorras on September 26, 2018, 04:08:05 PM
I think if that happens, it will embolden the Mayo CB to give Solan the gig. younger upcoming manager wins out over lad who had his chance already
Donie Buckley is probably the key to that whole thing if hes as good as the way the mayo players raved about him

Bucks is definitely gone from Mayo. He's probably going to end up on the winning Kerry ticket.

Therealdonald

Quote from: craicwas90 on September 26, 2018, 12:10:55 PM
A decision on the next Kerry senior football manager is imminent with Maurice Fitzgerald emerging as a potential candidate to join front-runners from the outset, Jack O'Connor and Peter Keane.

Speculation has grown locally with one report suggesting that Fitzgerald would be offered the job as head of a management team that had the former Mayo coach Donie Buckley and Fitzgerald's 1997 All-Ireland-winning colleague Stephen Stack on board.

But while Fitzgerald has presented to the four-man committee, headed by chairman Tim Murphy and including secretary Peter Twiss, development officer Eamonn Whelan and coaching officer Terence Houlihan, as a potential choice, it's understood no firm decision has been taken up to yesterday and that the candidacies of O'Connor and Keane, who have both been interviewed, are believed to be still under active consideration. Keane is thought to have been less willing however to meet some of the criteria set out in that meeting.

The preference in Kerry has been for a management team with some of the development components from the previous set-up remaining in place. The selection committee could expand to five on that basis.

Fitzgerald, the 1997 Footballer of the Year, was a selector to Fitzmaurice for the last two years, having previously managed St Mary's Cahersiveen to an All-Ireland intermediate title. However, he has recently taken over as principal of Coláiste na Sceilge which brings an increased workload.

I always thought Maurice Fitz worked in insurance? Didn't think he was a teacher

twohands!!!

Quote from: Therealdonald on September 26, 2018, 05:55:44 PM
Quote from: craicwas90 on September 26, 2018, 12:10:55 PM

I always thought Maurice Fitz worked in insurance? Didn't think he was a teacher

I think he went back and did teaching later on.

It's one thing combining teaching with inter-county management, a whole different kettle of fish trying to combine being principal of even a moderately sized school with intercounty management.
Especially for someone who has only taken over the job. Seems a bit nuts to me.

The Subbie

Is it a pre-requisite for the Kerry job that you must be a teacher?
O'Connor, Fitzgerald both teachers