China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo_run

Quote from: armaghniac on March 26, 2020, 12:17:26 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2020, 11:38:22 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 25, 2020, 11:29:51 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2020, 11:17:34 PM
But are you not just testing people who have symptoms in the south? And if they have it, they have it, and if they were in contact with others they'll  have it.

Exactly. And in the South there are 1200 people tracking down those contacts and getting them tested and telling them to isolate.

QuoteI'm talking as to why Germany have less fatalities with four times the cases

I told you, in the UK they only test you if you end up in the hospital. In  Germany, likely only 1 in 6 of them go to hospital.

Self isolation is the best way, that's what will stop it spreading. Let's continue to do that and find a vaccine

Testing ensures  that people with it are isolated, while allows the rests carry on. Keeping everyone isolated for another year will wreck the country.

Some companies can get to f**k. I've been forced to take a sabbatical.

Signed up to support NHS on phones from home. Think everyone is going to have to put there hands to the wheel when they can.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Solo_run on March 26, 2020, 12:42:31 AM
But are you not just testing people who have symptoms in the south? And if they have it, they have it, and if they were in contact with others they'll  have it.

Exactly. And in the South there are 1200 people tracking down those contacts and getting them tested and telling them to isolate.

QuoteI'm talking as to why Germany have less fatalities with four times the cases

I told you, in the UK they only test you if you end up in the hospital. In  Germany, likely only 1 in 6 of them go to hospital.

Self isolation is the best way, that's what will stop it spreading. Let's continue to do that and find a vaccine

Testing ensures  that people with it are isolated, while allows the rests carry on. Keeping everyone isolated for another year will wreck the country.

Signed up to support NHS on phones from home. Think everyone is going to have to put there hands to the wheel when they can.
Good for you, if available I'd love to help with that type of thing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

It is like a war.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Solo_run

I have heard coca cola factories have remained open and are not implementing any protective measures

Solo_run

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 26, 2020, 12:52:06 AM
Quote from: Solo_run on March 26, 2020, 12:42:31 AM

Good for you, if available I'd love to help with that type of thing

https://www.england.nhs.uk/2020/03/your-nhs-needs-you-nhs-call-for-volunteer-army/

Go ahead if you can. Not to sure how it works after registration  but it would be a bit shite if people who are alone and self isolating didn't have anyone to talk to.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Ball Hopper on March 25, 2020, 10:01:12 PM
Is there a map of Ireland showing cases by county?

Yes. The Irish govt have been first class on this. For a comparatively small country they have done a really good job in many areas .

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/45aa11-statement-from-the-national-public-health-emergency-team-wednesday-2/

Walter Cronc

I'm looking forward to any politician trying to state that somehow we are better off in the union after this shambles. What a load of horseshit!

Never underestimate how unbelievably incompetent the NI executive are. Waiting around and taking the lead from Westminster. Even the like of Naomi Long (who I would have had great time for) talking nonsense and being totally reactive throughout.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 26, 2020, 07:38:07 AM
I'm looking forward to any politician trying to state that somehow we are better off in the union after this shambles. What a load of horseshit!

Never underestimate how unbelievably incompetent the NI executive are. Waiting around and taking the lead from Westminster. Even the like of Naomi Long (who I would have had great time for) talking nonsense and being totally reactive throughout.

Her main point yesterday was getting offies back open

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 26, 2020, 07:57:45 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 26, 2020, 07:38:07 AM

Her main point yesterday was getting offies back open

I just can't forgive anyone who backed schools being open and trusting the Brits whole initial 'trust the science' approach. That and accusing nationalists of playing political games for wanting schools closed. People won't forget that in the polling booth when this disaster is over!

bennydorano

Naomi has been in bed ill up until quite recently, I don't recall much if any input from her tbh?

redzone

I'm hearing of a few childminders that are charging between 50 to 100% of there fee until they open up again to secure a childs place for when they open up . I was shocked

ardtole

Quote from: bennydorano on March 26, 2020, 08:19:12 AM
Naomi has been in bed ill up until quite recently, I don't recall much if any input from her tbh?
Sdlp and sinn fein voted to close the schools, dup, uup and alliance voted to keep them open. I was shocked myself at the time, going against advice of who among others

Walter Cronc

Quote from: ardtole on March 26, 2020, 08:31:47 AM
Sdlp and sinn fein voted to close the schools, dup, uup and alliance voted to keep them open. I was shocked myself at the time, going against advice of who among others

Yep. She backed the British scientists to the hilt and didn't take the WHO stance on board whatsoever. She'll have to explain that in a few months!

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: redzone on March 26, 2020, 08:28:49 AM
I'm hearing of a few childminders that are charging between 50 to 100% of there fee until they open up again to secure a childs place for when they open up . I was shocked

There are some businesses doing great things and others are gouging the life out of it. I hope the likes of O'Neills, Dyson and pharma companies like Randox etc are doing what they are doing at a fair rate to cover their costs to keep the show on the road and it is not a massive exercise in profiteering. 

tyrone08

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 26, 2020, 08:35:00 AM
Quote from: ardtole on March 26, 2020, 08:31:47 AM

Yep. She backed the British scientists to the hilt and didn't take the WHO stance on board whatsoever. She'll have to explain that in a few months!

I used to have time for naomi but no longer. She was the swinging vote that kept the schools open for so long, I know that for a fact. Seen recently on twitter that she was trying to justify herself.

Regardless of your beliefs any idiot that backed keeping schools open need to be punished at the polls.

NI executive should be overhauled as they are the most incompetent bunch of idiots I have every seen.