Dublin v Ros Croke Park 5/8/18

Started by Rossfan, August 01, 2018, 11:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

We all know Fergal was vilified and shafted in case the Club delegates would vote for him rather than McStay.
However that's the past - where do we go from here?
Not a happy camp at the moment so moneyman, Co Board and management have some serious reappraising to do.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

PadraicHenryPearse

Domican clearly hasn't recovered and isn't the player he was before he left but he was gone for a long timed more than the Daly's.

Niall had his back to the ball in the middle of the pitch for the kickout that was caught and then that led to the goal. He also let his man inside along the line for the psss to the Armagh player who had his shot blocked by his foot. J. Hall also did very well agsinst him. I'll just add No backs come out looking good this year.

Correct I don't know what shape they will come back in. Likely to be worst than if they if they had been part of the panel. I've based Conor and Niall comeback on the form and pace they shown this year when I saw them.

The happy camp you mention - is that your opinion or have players/board/moneyman made statements. I don't anyone is happy with the last 3 games but promotion and getting to s8 is something not to be dismissed completely. If Fergal was vilified and shafted what do you call what McStay has been getting. I don't agree Fergal was vilified or shafted as I think there is better language to describe what occurred 2 years ago. He came out worst off but did the right thing for ros football at his own expense so to speak once he and McStay decided to part. .

Orchard park

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on August 07, 2018, 07:21:38 AM
apparently there are those who know football and very slow learner like McStay.   There's was a very pro JE element anti McStay for the beginning saying otherwise is a downright lie.

The fall out from Fergal was if you read his statement was that him and McStay agreed it wasn't working and fergal decided for the good of ros football not to go for the role. He was critical of people in the background but not McStay. This didn't stop posters having a go. Again see OP  post above.

He did call back the Daly's but they refused but as you say you were a vocal critic because he didn't call them back. The lads haven't recovered as they missed 2/3 years county football. But it's easier to blame McStay.

fergie made a statement for the better of Roscommon football,  and to try and can what were troubled waters......how literally accurate 're McStay was will remain open to conjecture .....

Personally wasn't in any John Evans camp, thought he had run  his course as most do after 3 years.  My opinion at time based on his great work here in Limerick was Kearns was the man to taken over but that's all water under the bridge now..

Rossfan

Trying to deflect criticism of the current management by continually dragging in John Evans is nothe on.
He was shabbily treated 3 years ago.
However most felt his time was up but to have the Executive proposing him and then other Officers going behind their backs organising another scenario was not the way to do things.
That's the past.

Where do we go from here?

PS I see our Co Sec is being readied for his long wished for Political career.

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Rossfan on August 07, 2018, 12:46:16 PM
Where do we go from here?

We await instructions from The Hatch. The good gentlemen there will decide shortly.

/Jim

Rossfan

Finger on pulse there Jim ;D

Maybe we need to start with that nest.

SLIGONIAN

Jees lads I would swap 2018 with ye any day.  :o
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Cunny Funt

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on August 07, 2018, 08:51:07 PM
Jees lads I would swap 2018 with ye any day.  :o
Sligo have one thing in common with Roscommon this year. Conceding 4-24 to All Ireland semi finalist.

Rossfan

Rossfan

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 02, 2018, 07:29:25 AM
Quote from: Syferus on August 02, 2018, 12:52:06 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 02, 2018, 12:19:31 AM
It's Championship
It's Croker
It's Dublin
Integrity of the competition
They want to embarrass us even more
Ros get to play in August 2 years in succession. This makes McStay our greatest ever manager per Syfīn.

Your camapaign to get him removed really fell flat on its face, didn't it?
Come back in September and see who has egg on their face
Have you next week's lotto numbers monte?😀

Jinxy

It's Championship
It's Croker
It's Dublin
Ros get to play in August 2 years in succession. This makes McStay our greatest ever manager per Syfīn.

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on September 05, 2018, 07:45:07 PM
It's Championship
It's Croker
It's Dublin

Have you next week's lotto numbers monte?😀

I think you're losing it, not that you had it to begin with.