Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

United have had problems scoring goals for a few years now and it doesn't seem to be getting better.  None o the forwards that currently play regularly for United can hold the ball up, link the play or head a ball. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

magpie seanie

Quote from: screenexile on November 22, 2020, 06:44:54 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on November 22, 2020, 04:40:38 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on November 21, 2020, 11:26:21 PM
I assume Pep Guardiola should be sacked?

Why do you assume he should be sacked?

Because City are behind Utd in the league??

Ya and every time United (a club in transition with frugal owners and incompetent Executives) lose there are shouts for the manager to be sacked. Meanwhile City, with unlimited resources and structures are actually behind United in the table. Early days of course and a bit tongue in cheek but only a bit. I don't think Pep is as good as he's made out and I don't think Ole is as bad as some make him out.

NAG1

Really tough watch on Saturday evening.

Seem to be a serious lack of ideas of how to break a team down, good to get the win but fearful of how it is going to turn out for Ole.

Needs a serious performance in the CL this week.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 23, 2020, 11:56:54 AM

Ya and every time United (a club in transition with frugal owners and incompetent Executives) lose there are shouts for the manager to be sacked. Meanwhile City, with unlimited resources and structures are actually behind United in the table. Early days of course and a bit tongue in cheek but only a bit. I don't think Pep is as good as he's made out and I don't think Ole is as bad as some make him out.

Come on.

magpie seanie

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 23, 2020, 12:50:29 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on November 23, 2020, 11:56:54 AM

Come on.

Eileen?

Cunny Funt

Comfortable win tonight. Eased off 2nd half after having the match won after 35 mins. Need a point against PSG (H) RB leipzig (A) to reach the knock out stages, that silly defeat in Istanbul could come back to bite yet.

RIP to Maurice Setters who played 5 years with United in the 60s.

Farrandeelin

Very good first half performance. Struggled in the second half when the triple substitution was made. Lucky enough to have not conceded a second as the tempo dropped but a good night's work all the same.

But f**k me, could RTÉ get anyone else than Kenny Cunningham for co-commentary?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Jeepers Creepers

Cavani covered some ground. Seems in good nic.

NAG1

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on November 24, 2020, 11:01:50 PM
Cavani covered some ground. Seems in good nic.

Thought the same myself but can't help thinking that if we had some decent service coming in from the flanks he could use that energy more effectively in and around the box.

Maroon Manc

Good result which you'd expect and we were great to watch in the 1st half but with the quality that front 5 possess you'd expect nothing less, just hope we see more of VDB in that role. Its a huge period Ole, the poor performances in the league can't continue and he simply has to get the team attacking in a more cohesive manner.

Fernandes, VDB, Cavani & Telles have been brought in for less than £100m, early days for the final 3 but they look the part so far whilst Fernandes is fast becoming one of the best players in the league. Its hard to believe he nobody bought him during the summer of 2019, he's certainly had a greater impact than anyone was expecting.

Onthe40

thought Greenwood extremely poor and not playing for the team, surely any strong mgr would get on top of that, 2-3 runs he had after coming on and a square to Cavani would've meant a cert goal, yet he played himself into trouble intent on trying to glory hunt... finally he squared to James the the game was up.. 

mouview

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 24, 2020, 10:06:02 PM
Comfortable win tonight. Eased off 2nd half after having the match won after 35 mins. Need a point against PSG (H) RB leipzig (A) to reach the knock out stages, that silly defeat in Istanbul could come back to bite yet.

RIP to Maurice Setters who played 5 years with United in the 60s.

Albert Quixall also, passed away recently.

Cunny Funt

Plenty of character shown in that win, didn't deserve to be behind at half time never mind 2-0. A tale of missed chances and undone by two set piece goals 1st half.

Cavani the clear match winner. Two goals and created the 3rd. His movement in the box is Van Nistelrooy like and more performances like that and he'll prove to be a good signing.

snoopdog

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 29, 2020, 04:13:01 PM
Plenty of character shown in that win, didn't deserve to be behind at half time never mind 2-0. A tale of missed chances and undone by two set piece goals 1st half.

Cavani the clear match winner. Two goals and created the 3rd. His movement in the box is Van Nistelrooy like and more performances like that and he'll prove to be a good signing.
A real finisher unlike rasher and martial. Great half by Cavani

Capt Pat

That is 2 red cards Fred has got away with tonight. One for a headbutt. The other the ref actually books the player who was fouled instead of Fred.