Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 21, 2021, 08:10:02 AM

It's said Ole wanted to keep Lingaed after his performances at West Ham. West Ham would probaly have paid up but United weren't prepared to sell in the summer

Ole would still havehad a role in signing Maguire.

He was too loyal to certain players. Mata another kept on for the sake of it and just filling a Squad number. A good player but should have been gone a while
Every manager is loyal to certain players it was eventually Solskjaers downfall.

West Ham would not be prepared to pay his wages. Other or better run clubs than United would have offloaded the likes of Lingard, Mata, Jones a few seasons ago and wouldn't have them on ridiculous wages.

Better scouting would be had also on transfers, when signed I'd wondered was Maguire much of upgrade on Smalling. With better coaching he might become less error prone and show he's close to the fee that was paid for him.

Solskjaer gone and how long his management team are kept on remains to be seen. As I said earlier McKenna, Phelan, Carrick have been doing the coaching and a new set piece coach was brought in this season and if anything United have got worse on set pieces. Villarreal, Chelsea, Arsenal should all be expecting comfortable wins against United in the upcoming games.

Bord na Mona man

His race was run a few weeks back and the move should have been made back then, especially when Conte was available.
He was on the verge of getting the road in Jan 2020 before he got a new signing bounce from Bruno Fernandes. And looked vulnerable again at the start of the season after the 6-1 loss to Spurs.

The players rallied for him in the past when he was teetering but this time they were content to push him under the bus with non-performances.

His legacy will be that he improved the strength of the squad and ushered out some of the deadwood. However the attacking and creativity was never fully reliable and all too often individual brilliance from elite players like Cavani, Ronaldo etc. Once the defensive performances became terminal he was on shaky ground.

Ultimately, he probably wasn't cut throat enough which allowed players like Shaw, Pogba, Fernandes to take liberties and become complacent

rodney trotter

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 21, 2021, 02:21:19 PM

It's said Ole wanted to keep Lingaed after his performances at West Ham. West Ham would probaly have paid up but United weren't prepared to sell in the summer

He was too loyal to certain players. Mata another kept on for the sake of it and just filling a Squad number. A good player but should have been gone a while
Every manager is loyal to certain players it was eventually Solskjaers downfall.

West Ham would not be prepared to pay his wages. Other or better run clubs than United would have offloaded the likes of Lingard, Mata, Jones a few seasons ago and wouldn't have them on ridiculous wages.

Better scouting would be had also on transfers, when signed I'd wondered was Maguire much of upgrade on Smalling. With better coaching he might become less error prone and show he's close to the fee that was paid for him.

Solskjaer gone and how long his management team are kept on remains to be seen. As I said earlier McKenna, Phelan, Carrick have been doing the coaching and a new set piece coach was brought in this season and if anything United have got worse on set pieces. Villarreal, Chelsea, Arsenal should all be expecting comfortable wins against United in the upcoming games.

Yes I'm aware of the coaching staff.  Kieran McKenna is from Fermanagh.
MIike Phelan was there during the Fergus era.but seems to be bringing nothing to the table now

Orior

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 21, 2021, 03:39:25 PM

Yes I'm aware of the coaching staff.  Kieran McKenna is from Fermanagh.
MIike Phelan was there during the Fergus era.but seems to be bringing nothing to the table now

Mike's best contribution ever..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRKjOfsYtBs
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Farrandeelin

There might be a 'new manager bounce'.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 21, 2021, 04:27:08 PM

There might be a 'new manager bounce'.

Bounces can only bring you so far. This time last year Solskjaer got a bounce out of the team which led United to the top of the table for a short period in January.

Over the 3 years his team could beat Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, PSG while lose at home to Cardiff, Burnley,Sheffield United and hammered by Watford the new full time manager might find a bit more consistency.

rodney trotter

£7.5million pay off for Solskjaer, he'll manage

Ten Hag interested in the United job.

seafoid

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/11/21/inside-story-ole-gunnar-solskjaers-demise-manchester-united/

Two years ago, in the autumn of Solskjaer's first full season, United had a three-man shortlist featuring Mauricio Pochettino, Thomas Tuchel and Julian Nagelsmann in the event they ever jettisoned their manager.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Boycey

Seaf ur outdoing urself here  :)

Do you have any actual opinion on it or are you just gonna present other peoples.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on November 21, 2021, 02:29:18 PM
His legacy will be that he improved the strength of the squad and ushered out some of the deadwood.

Did he though?

Looks to me like the same failings as 3 years ago and just as many boys getting paypackets far beyond their abilities, or perhaps more importantly, their desire to win.
i usse an speelchekor

Milltown Row2

Very much a Ron Atkinson team I felt, plenty stars no direction or tactics
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

From the Bunker

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on November 21, 2021, 02:29:18 PM
His legacy will be that he improved the strength of the squad and ushered out some of the deadwood.

How many of the present Man Utd squad have the Character (not just the required skill) to play for a Big Club?

Playing for ( or Managing) a big club

Ronaldo and Cavani come to mind. The old men at Old Trafford. There might be a few that grow into that role with the proper structures.

stiffler

I really don't understand why he never got the boot after that 5-0 catastrophe.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009