Info on concert at odyssey arena Belfast

Started by lynchbhoy, April 23, 2013, 09:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Hi folks, have tickets for a gig in the odyssey. The seats are for the upper tier at the other end of the hall from the stage.
Just wondering approx how far is this end from the actual stage?
As its an ice hockey pitch length I'm hoping that it will be no more than 50-60 meters?
TIA

WeeDonns

I think one of the girls on here used to work in it, so they could confirm?

I think it depends on the tickets sold? I've been to a comedy night in it and the stage was quite close, while I went to see Mumford and Sons recently and it was as far back as it could go, which still wasn't very far away

LeoMc

Saw David Grey from those seats a number of years ago. Seats were grand. I would guess less than 30m as the stage would have been built over the ice.

Rois

Nah I worked in the Waterfront, not the Odyssey.

I have no idea of estimating in terms of metres etc but it's no Croke Park, and with screens you should be OK even at the other end.

And if it's a One Direction/JLS concert   ;) they always make an effort to walk through the crowd and do a couple of numbers in the middle of the arena...

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Rois on April 23, 2013, 10:27:13 AM
Nah I worked in the Waterfront, not the Odyssey.

I have no idea of estimating in terms of metres etc but it's no Croke Park, and with screens you should be OK even at the other end.

And if it's a One Direction/JLS concert   ;) they always make an effort to walk through the crowd and do a couple of numbers in the middle of the arena...

thanks for the info folks.

close enough Rois its Black Sabbath , so they might roll the band members out amongst the crowd on wheelchairs to play a bit !
;)

T Fearon

Seats at the back are as good as any others in the Odyssey,and better than at the sides,as you're facing the stage directly,which is good for posture, and there are normally screens.

Big tip for the Odyssey,consider skipping the encore,or at least run like hell at the end of it,or it could take ages to get out of the carpark.Prepay your ticket,and park strategically (ie as close to the exits as you can get!).

BennyCake

Quote from: T Fearon on April 30, 2013, 12:31:14 AM
Seats at the back are as good as any others in the Odyssey,and better than at the sides,as you're facing the stage directly,which is good for posture, and there are normally screens.

Big tip for the Odyssey,consider skipping the encore,or at least run like hell at the end of it,or it could take ages to get out of the carpark.Prepay your ticket,and park strategically (ie as close to the exits as you can get!).

Very true, T.

I'd rather be away down in the back row, than sitting along the side. I remember coming out in agony from my one and only Odyssey show. It wasn't that reason that I haven't been back. I just haven't seen anything worthwhile to go back for.

T Fearon

Me too.Was dragged along to Lionel Richie last year,don't go that often myself these days.

Having said that,with free tickets in hand I attended Soul Sister last night in Grand Opera House.A musical biography of Tina Turner it was as good a show as I've seen in recent times.