Christmas present idea for 11 - 18 year old kids in Dublin area.

Started by irunthev, December 18, 2012, 03:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irunthev

Following on from the tremendous success of their initial "Train Like a Professional" workshop in October, The National Athlete Development Academy (NADA) is delighted to announce a second two-day workshop at their Blanchardstown headquarters for young athletes and players between the ages of 11 and 18.

The workshop has been designed to give the opportunity for all participants to "train like a pro" over the two days, and could prove to be the perfect Christmas gift for any young aspiring athletes or coaches.

During the sessions, the young athletes and players will be advised on a wide range of athlete testing, training and preparation techniques by NADA's highly qualified and experienced staff.

Topics covered over the two days will include: learning how to best prepare your body for your sport; maximising your athletic potential by improving movement skills and running mechanics; improving jumping and landing technique; as well as increasing explosive power and reaction times. So there promises to be some very useful information and techniques shared over the two days.

The course will provide a brilliant insight into the work that sports scientist do with their athletes /players, as well as helping young athletes to understand more about what they need to be doing in order to be the best they can be.

The event will take place at NADA's excellent new venue at Unit 11, Rosemount Business Park, Dublin 15 and the cost of the two day workshop is €50 per person.

The workshop takes place between 9.45am and 3pm on Thursday January 3rd 2013and Friday January 4th 2013.

To register email Mairead on Mairead@nada.ie, call her on 087 9301354 or register on-line at www.nada.ie/academy

The team at NADA look forward to welcoming you on January 3rd 2013.

blanketattack

I was going to say a Nintendo Wii U but that sounds good too.

Syferus

An awful lot of shilling goes on here. No offense to this one in particular but it's incredibly annoying in the first place but when the topic title is also misleading it just engenders absolutely no confidence or hope of support from me.

irunthev

Quote from: Syferus on December 21, 2012, 01:45:47 AM
An awful lot of shilling goes on here. No offense to this one in particular but it's incredibly annoying in the first place but when the topic title is also misleading it just engenders absolutely no confidence or hope of support from me.

Not quite sure how you can say it is misleading. It is a perfectly acceptable gift for a kid who has an interest in sports science I would imagine and also gives the kids a couple of days of useful activity over the school holidays.

Certainly no intention to mislead, apologies if you have been. NADA is a highly reputable organisation with highly qualified and respected coaches. The organisation has a real interest and passion in the education of athletes and coaches.

Syferus

The original title made it sound very much like you were looking for ideas for a present for an 11-18 year old. Hell, even the first response you got was a joke on that very fact.

Just straight up say what something is in the thread title, that's what it's there for. Anything else just annoys people, whether they bother to say so or not.

spuds

Quote from: Syferus on December 21, 2012, 07:17:48 PM
The original title made it sound very much like you were looking for ideas for a present for an 11-18 year old. Hell, even the first response you got was a joke on that very fact.

Just straight up say what something is in the thread title, that's what it's there for. Anything else just annoys people, whether they bother to say so or not.
No need to be a Dick Syferus, just because you think something doesn't make it definitively so.

Think it's an interesting offer, logistics not suiting our buckeen.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Syferus

Quote from: spuds on December 22, 2012, 02:41:23 AM
Quote from: Syferus on December 21, 2012, 07:17:48 PM

No need to be a Dick Syferus, just because you think something doesn't make it definitively so.

Think it's an interesting offer, logistics not suiting our buckeen.

I wasn't being a dick and to colour it like that is more than a little silly. I don't recall ever commenting on the quality or lack-there-of of this particular service, either.

It's happened multiple times that people promoting something have made careless thread titles that mislead you as to what is actually within a thread, likely not intentionally. Now plenty of others have been guilty of the same but when something is an advertisement I'd prefer that to be signposted in the thread title so I can actually choose whether I want to be advertised to rather than being left with the feeling of falling for a bait-an-switch, something that does any advertiser no favours either so it's very much in everyone's interests to highlight it.