Westport

Started by Fear Boirche, July 20, 2007, 04:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Boirche

Can anyone recommend any good restaurants in Westport? Heading there next week for a few days with the missus.

Redgreenery

The Castlecourt Hotel does a great roast dinner!

derryexile

J J O'Malley's is a great spot, really big portions and good food as well, it's just opposite Matt Molloys and The Porterhouse on the main street, so really easy found.

There's also a nice little restaurant beside the atlantic coast hotel, just a wee bit out of the town, does excellent fish!

neutral

Im sure hes not after a spit roasting in Westport ffs.

cavan4ever

Quote from: neutral on July 20, 2007, 04:41:54 PM
Im sure hes not after a spit roasting in Westport ffs.

U wouldn't kno what him and the Missus are into !!

Fear Boirche

Not into that anyway. 
Missus is a veggie and it's for our wedding anniversary so was looking somewhere a bit romantic and shit. Then we'll hit the pub and get rotto ;)

GaillimhIarthair

Not too sure what the Veggie options are like but the following are decent spots -

La Bella Vita
Quay Cottage
Lemon Peel
Torino's

mc_grens

Dont know where you're staying, but La Fougere resteraunt in the Knockranny House Hotel up on the hill is superb, as is the hotel.

we are blue... etc

Quote from: derryexile on July 20, 2007, 04:38:55 PM
There's also a nice little restaurant beside the atlantic coast hotel, just a wee bit out of the town, does excellent fish!

I was in that one -- very nice. Can't remember the name. I remember being amazed by the service. In that the waiting staff weren't like "Serving you is so beneath me".

Fishead_Sam

Torino's is nice, also loads of nice resturants down at the Quay/Harbour (nearly a seperate town, so you will need wheels or a taxi for a fiver).
My cousin from England was over there and was in a resturant on the Mall(river) in the town (proper) its in the old Methodist Church it was meant to be very nice.