Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

how did they manage to get 14 championship games at home since 1996?

Scarface

I think it roughly translates to, ' Id love to go with my sister' give or take

'IVEDECIDED'Why don't you just f**k off somewhere else and waste your time, you little loser!!!! You are an idiot.

IVEDECIDED

Ill get right on that Scarface. But before I go - Home advantage in a county final does not guarantee you anything however it is worth 2 points in my opinion as it adds a relaxing factor which can make all the difference on those big occasions. Tony Kernan said as much when he scored for the county team in Cross, 'Ive been putting the ball over that crossbar since I was a child so it wasnt going to be a problem today'. Now look back at the number of finals Cross only won by 1-3 points and its hard to argue that this may not have been the case somewhere else.

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: Real1995 on April 24, 2008, 09:25:11 PM
Well i for one would not agree with any ARMAGH county final being played in the Marshes.....its the county ground of an neighboring county ...jesus lads we would be hard up >:(......lets keep it in the county.... Speaking as not a Cross man,we all have to admit whether we like it or not that they have been the outstanding team in the county over the last decade,and even if the final was played in iraq they would still have won them all.....so now year upon year its up to the rest of us to raise the bar and challenge them.....

Real its no shame to need the use of another facility while your own is being refurbished - thats what neighbours are for.  :) Sure the Ulster council have no problem holding their showpiece at headquarters. I think whats most important is to ensure an even playing filed for both teams contesting the final. This would be the case in all other counties. To me it seems absurd that the best team and one of the best of all time is constantly given extra assistance in this way in the big games.

winsamsoon

ok lads we have the anti group campaigning for the final not to be held in cross. Then  we have the cross contingent saying that there was no alternative and they were obliged to host club finals  :D which they just happened to be in. :D . Simply solution lads the cross should refuse to play the final at home ( I hear they are good at refusing things they don't like) Force the county board into making a decision for once in their useless life . If they choose to bring it outside the county then they would be exposed for being the laughing stock they were. Bottom line, Cross would have finally taken a stand on something the other clubs would agree on. As a result Cross would be blamless and free to play the finals ( even go for 13 in a row) and the other teams would have no gripes whatsoever about where the final were to be played.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

crossfire

WIN SAM SOON

You used to talk a bit of sense.

IVEDECIDED

Whats wrong with what hes saying ceasefire?

crossfire

TO ULADH

Six county finals plus 8 Ulster club games.

corn02

Six county finals is a bit crazy. There is not doubt playing the final in Cross gives them a massive advantage and I don't think BC would deny that. But it is the fault of the county board. One - other grounds could have held the games and two - The Atlethic ground being unusable.

I don't see what would be so embarrasing about playing the final in the marshes when we have had the emabarrasemnt of playing our home Championship county games in Clones for the last decade.

IVEDECIDED

Hopefully this will be a problem consigned to the history books this year lads and wel have our own facility which is fair to all clubs. Not only will the athletic grounds be no teams 'home' pitch but it is also idealy located so as its fair to all sections of the county.

doire na raithe

Its total brute ignorance that crossfire et al cannot simply admit the plain fact, that is clear to see by everyone, that playing a final in your own back yard is an advantage. To say anything else is to insult people writing on this thread and you can't really hope to be listened to with any credibility.

brokencrossbar1

Of course it is an advantage but the simple fact is that we have won consistently on probably every viable championship venue in Armagh and most of them in Ulster.  Whenever the Ogs made the final in 1998 I think it was there was no problem us playing them in the Athletics Ground, and beating them.

It is an easy to make excuses but pitches don't win games.  Neither does a referees decision.  Neither does the weather.  All these are excuses made by teams who do not win.  You either have it or you don't.  If anything for me as a player i would far rather beat a team in their own backyard and it would be a real driving force to succeed.

IVEDECIDED

I agree these are excuses made by loosing teams but its also unrealistic to say that they are not factors that affect the outcomes of games. The standard of refereeing in Armagh is absolutely abysmal and we let our best team have home advantage in the biggest game in the county. Are you trying to tell me Man Utd wouldnt be at an advantage if the Champions league final was in Old Trafford and Roy Keane was refereeing? :D

Surreal Steve

Brokencrossbar1, you sound like a gay.

How much did the brits pay use anyway? Not sure how it worked out, was there an overall contribution to the club or did every member/player get a lump sum? Is it possible your still on her majesty's payroll?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on April 25, 2008, 02:20:00 PM
I agree these are excuses made by loosing teams but its also unrealistic to say that they are not factors that affect the outcomes of games. The standard of refereeing in Armagh is absolutely abysmal and we let our best team have home advantage in the biggest game in the county. Are you trying to tell me Man Utd wouldnt be at an advantage if the Champions league final was in Old Trafford and Roy Keane was refereeing? :D

I am not saying it is not an advantage, but lets face it is an easy get out clause for some.  The simple fact is that Cross have had too much class for about 90% of the teams in Ireland over the last decade and I think they will continue to do so in Armagh for another few years.

Surreal Steve what is you problem, first the Liverpool thread and now here, have you some defect in your head?