Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Chris Evans and this Famous and Fearless!!!!!!!  WTF

Safely the worst piece of television I have witnessed in a long time. What is Clare Balding at?
It was that bad had to watch a bit of it because I actually thought it was a piss take.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Heil Woof Hitler Woof!...

Nazi Germany pursued 'Hitler salute' Finnish dog

Jackie's sunglasses are not thought to have been part of his Hitler impression

A Finnish dog which gave Nazi salutes so annoyed Germany's World War II government that it launched a campaign against its owner.

Tor Borg's wife had reportedly given Jackie the nickname Hitler - saying the dog's strange way of raising its paw and barking reminded her of the Fuhrer.

Newly discovered documents show Mr Borg was interrogated by the Germans on suspicion of insulting Hitler.

Attempts were also made to sabotage his business, the papers show.

Researchers at the German Foreign Office uncovered a cache of documents and diplomatic cables concerning Jackie

The documents had been exchanged by the Foreign Office, the Economy Ministry, the Chancellory of the Nazi government and German diplomats in then Nazi-friendly Finland, the Tagezeitung newspaper reports.

In one exchange, dated 29 January 1941, German Vice Consul Willy Erkelenz in Helsinki wrote that "a witness, who does not want to be named, said he saw and heard how Borg's dog reacted to the command 'Hitler' by raising its paw".

Mr Borg was called into the German embassy for questioning, where he admitted that his wife Josephine - a known anti-Nazi German - had called the dog Hitler, but denied being involved in anything "that could be seen as an insult against the German Reich".

The embassy, however, thought otherwise, telling officials in Berlin: "Borg, even though he claims otherwise, is not telling the truth."

The Foreign Office spent three months investigating ways of bringing Mr Borg to trial for insulting Hitler, but no witnesses would come forward, the newspaper reports.

An attempt was also made to get suppliers to Mr Borg's pharmaceutical firm - including IG Farben - to stop dealing with him.

But in March 1941, the Chancellory decided that "considering that the circumstances could not be solved completely, it is not necessary to press charges". It was unclear whether Adolf Hitler had been involved in the saga himself.

Mr Borg died in 1959 and his company, Tampereen Rohdoskauppa Oy, later renamed Tamro Group, became one of the Nordic region's most successful pharmaceutical firms, the Associated Press reports.

Tamro Group told AP they had not been aware of the dog's controversial role in history before now.

BBC Story
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

BarryBreensBandage

"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Banana Man

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on January 20, 2011, 11:24:57 AM
Are soccer stars paid too much?

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/853141-jermaine-pennant-forgot-he-owned-porsche

that really is disgusting, everyone scraping a few pound together to survive at the minute and he's at that

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Banana Man on January 20, 2011, 11:45:42 AM
Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on January 20, 2011, 11:24:57 AM
Are soccer stars paid too much?

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/853141-jermaine-pennant-forgot-he-owned-porsche

that really is disgusting, everyone scraping a few pound together to survive at the minute and he's at that
I bet that happens more than you think, I know someone who works in finance and he'd regularly tell similar stories about rich people he's doing work for, and they're not footballers. People who forget about mortgages they have, about houses they own etc! He's told several stories about people thinking they owe x on a mortgage and when it turns out they owe considerably less they don't understand. They have usually paid off 30,40 grand etc and have forgotten they've done it. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

stephenite

A woman was partially paralysed by a love bite from her amorous partner, a New Zealand doctor has reported.

Teddy Wu said he believed it was the first time someone had been admitted to hospital as a result of a "hickey".

An article on the case has appeared in the New Zealand Medical Journal.

Advertisement: Story continues below Dr Wu said he saw the woman over a year ago while he was working in Middlemore Hospital in Auckland.

The 44-year-old Maori woman went to the emergency department after experiencing loss of movement in her left arm.

It happened while she was sitting watching television.

Her only injury was a love bite on the right of her neck near an artery.

"Because it was a love bite there would be a lot of suction, said Dr Wu, who now works in the neurology department at Christchurch Hospital.

"Because of the physical trauma it had made a bit of bruising inside the vessel.

"There was a clot in the artery underneath where the hickey was."

The clot had gone into the woman's heart and caused a minor stroke that led to the loss of movement, he said.

She was treated with warfarin, an anticoagulant.

That treatment made the clot disappear almost entirely within a week, he said.

"We looked around the medical literature and that example of having a love bite causing something like that hasn't been described before," he said.

If it had not been treated quickly the woman could have suffered more strokes.

"Strokes have different levels of severity. But possibly patients can become paralysed."

The woman was fine at a one-month follow-up appointment, the Journal reported.

Niall Quinn

One of these Shiatsu Massage chairs in a shopping mall north of Toronto just gave me my best four minutes since 1992.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Right when I was about to hit the town in Liverpool tonight I thought Fianna Fail where absolute evil pricks, now that I am home I think the are super big evil pricks. Not sure what my point us other than Fianna Fail would look good deep below the Mersey.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

mackers

Article in today's Irish News about a three month old kitten called Kim being sexually assualted in Co Down (no "pussy" jokes please!!).
Sanctuary manager Heather Oliver said that the kitten had been the victim of deliberate sexual assault and had suffered pelvic fractures and hip and soft tissue damage!!WTF!!
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Banana Man

Quote from: mackers on January 21, 2011, 01:35:37 PM
Article in today's Irish News about a three month old kitten called Kim being sexually assualted in Co Down (no "pussy" jokes please!!).
Sanctuary manager Heather Oliver said that the kitten had been the victim of deliberate sexual assault and had suffered pelvic fractures and hip and soft tissue damage!!WTF!!

seen that myself, was in disbelief reading it, lord knows what he done to the poor thing but he needs castrated, sick f**ker, to think he's out there at the minute getting up to f**k knows what. There are some sick mothers out there

takeyourownpath

i got my dog from an animal sanctuary, there was a lovely blue eyed collie there, had to have operations to stich his insides back together after his last owner abused him, sick f**ker.