Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

AN AMBULANCE driver who refused to respond to an emergency call in which a woman died because he was on a tea break is to keep his job.

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/999-driver-keeps-job-after.6678382.jp

I'd rather the **** got time rather than keeping his job.

muppet

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 04, 2011, 07:59:50 PM
AN AMBULANCE driver who refused to respond to an emergency call in which a woman died because he was on a tea break is to keep his job.

Did you read it all?

Even the family aren't calling for what you are.

You want him jailed because he was on a break and insisted on taking it. The local ambulance staff were on holiday at the time, should they be prosecuted as well for not being available?

Tabloid shite at its worst.
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Quote from: muppet on January 06, 2011, 01:45:50 AM

Did you read it all?

You want him jailed because he was on a break and insisted on taking it. The local ambulance staff were on holiday at the time, should they be prosecuted as well for not being available?

Aye you wouldn't want him missing his tea and biscuit whilst some woman down the road is dying. Nice priorities muppet.  You would probably step over her on your way to an important appointment, like buying the paper.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

tyrone girl

I think that story is disgusting i just read it. Useless git.
I cant get my head round the fact that anyone knowing someone was in dire need of help and you could provide it would choose not to. I would expect anyone in the vicinity who thought they could help to try to no matter what they were doing never mind an ambulance technician or whatever it is they call him. If it was anyone in my family died cos he wanted his tea break he would be needing ambulance services himself  >:(

ziggysego

The current baby storyline in EastEnders. Horrible.
Testing Accessibility

tyrone girl

I agree Zig not liking it at all. Way too much

STREET FIGHTER

Eastenders always push it way too far.

Hard to watch alright.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 06, 2011, 11:44:37 AM
I think that story is disgusting i just read it. Useless git.
I cant get my head round the fact that anyone knowing someone was in dire need of help and you could provide it would choose not to. I would expect anyone in the vicinity who thought they could help to try to no matter what they were doing never mind an ambulance technician or whatever it is they call him. If it was anyone in my family died cos he wanted his tea break he would be needing ambulance services himself  >:(
Summed up my thoughts nicely TG. A woman in work said she collapsed once in the doorway of a shop and people were stepping over her to get into the shop!

Minder

Times Online

Saudis "arrest" vulture for spying for Mossad

First there was the killer shark that Egypt said Mossad had dropped in its coastal waters to scare off tourists from its Red Sea resorts. Now Saudi Arabia has "arrested" a vulture on suspicion of spying for the Israeli intelligence agency.
The offending bird, which had apparently been tagged by researchers from Tel Aviv University studying migration patterns, was captured in a rural area of the Saudi kingdom, which is officially still at war with the Jewish state.
The global positioning transmitter and a leg bracelet marked "R65 — Tel Aviv University" were perceived by the Saudis as sophisticated espionage equipment to allow the bird to send intelligence back to Israel. The Saudi newspaper al-Weeam said that residents of the area in which the bird was caught called the tracking paraphernalia evidence of a "Zionist plot", although there was no official reaction from the security services to whom the avian agent was handed.
Last month the governor of the South Sinai area reacted to a series of attacks on tourists swimming off the Sharm el-Sheikh resort by a killer shark as a possible Mossad plot to scare visitors away from Egypt's beaches and into Israel. "What is being said about the Mossad throwing the deadly shark in the sea to hit tourism in Egypt is not out of the question. But it needs time to confirm," said Mohamed Abdel Fadil Shousha, to widespread ridicule in Israel.
The shark, which mauled four Russian tourists and killed an elderly German woman just off the beach of her luxury hotel, has still not been caught. In another paranoid incident Mossad were blamed for infecting mosquitos with HIV.
Paranoia among Israel's enemies and its nominal friends means that countries such as Egypt, which has signed a peace treaty with the Jewish state, are locked with it in mutual distrust in what has been described as a "cold peace".
Such paranoia reflects the reach of Mossad and the inability of intelligence organisations in the Muslim world to match it. Last week Iran hanged a man whom it accused of being a spy for Israel after several assassinations and kidnappings of its nuclear scientists. Lebanon has also charged several of its citizens with spying for the Jewish state.
Israeli intelligence agents are believed to have been responsible for the assassination of an alleged Hamas weapons trafficker in a Dubai hotel a year ago, as well as the killing of the Hezbollah military chief, Imad Mughniyeh, in a car bombing in Damascus after hunting him for a quarter of a century.
Evidence of Mossad using animals is scant and the fate of the accused vulture remained unclear yesterday.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ziggysego on January 06, 2011, 11:59:40 AM
The current baby storyline in EastEnders. Horrible.
Caught bits and pieces of this over xmas, it's downright stupid - how have they not realised it's not their baby!!??
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

Did you read it all?

Jail might be harsh and they have probably no grounds to sack his as strictly speaking I'd say he's entitled to his breaks but what a complete w**ker!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

muppet

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 06, 2011, 09:55:55 AM

Did you read it all?

Aye you wouldn't want him missing his tea and biscuit whilst some woman down the road is dying. Nice priorities muppet.  You would probably step over her on your way to an important appointment, like buying the paper.

You and everyone else are judging him and condemning with only the tabloid twist of the story.

No one can be available 24/7 for all of their lives and blaming an individual is missing the point completely. Everyone is entitled to a break at work, the problem here seems to be that there wasn't enough staff available but of course the journalist didn't bother to follow any other line of enquiry so we don't know.

The man won't be sacked and probably wont be disciplined because technically he did nothing more than he was entitled.  When people see past the emotion they might realise it is the system that let the poor woman down.

As for the rest of your post wise up. I don't buy papers.

MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 06, 2011, 01:04:17 PM

Did you read it all?

Jail might be harsh and they have probably no grounds to sack his as strictly speaking I'd say he's entitled to his breaks but what a complete w**ker!

He might be that alright, but again we don't know all the facts. If he worked within his contract then they can't touch him.

MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Quote from: muppet on January 06, 2011, 01:11:30 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 06, 2011, 01:04:17 PM

Did you read it all?

He might be that alright, but again we don't know all the facts. If he worked within his contract then they can't touch him.
They don't build compassion into contracts. He'd better hope he doesn't need an ambulance in the future in that area!