Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

takeyourownpath

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 10, 2010, 09:08:58 PM
Quote from: windyshepardhenderson on January 10, 2010, 09:07:41 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 10, 2010, 07:38:09 PM
that apartment reminds me of the time I was watching one of them property shows and the woman on there was complaining that the bathroom in some house was too small and there was only room for one person in it.  How many people was she planning on being in the bathroom at the one time? that's my question.
this raises a very serious issue. you could suffer a heart attack/seizure/fit etc whilst in the loo. how is the paramedic meant to treat you?? huh huh? what you say to that? would u rather be left to die?
they could pull you out of it, problem solved.

i would be thinkin more along the lines of two people brushin their teeth at the one time, or if there was only one bathroom someone might be in the shower and someone might need the bog? or they might needa come in to give you toilet roll? there's loads of situations where there would need to be two people in the bathroom at one time!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: takeyourownpath on January 12, 2010, 10:43:38 PM
that apartment reminds me of the time I was watching one of them property shows and the woman on there was complaining that the bathroom in some house was too small and there was only room for one person in it.  How many people was she planning on being in the bathroom at the one time? that's my question.
this raises a very serious issue. you could suffer a heart attack/seizure/fit etc whilst in the loo. how is the paramedic meant to treat you?? huh huh? what you say to that? would u rather be left to die?

i would be thinkin more along the lines of two people brushin their teeth at the one time, or if there was only one bathroom someone might be in the shower and someone might need the bog? or they might needa come in to give you toilet roll? there's loads of situations where there would need to be two people in the bathroom at one time!
well two people dont need to brush their teeth together.
To give someone toilet roll you dont need to enter the bathroom and if someone is in the shower and someone else needs the bog (I'd be telling them to hold it) the person is in the shower so not taking up any of the floor room.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

takeyourownpath

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 12, 2010, 10:53:06 PM

To give someone toilet roll you dont need to enter the bathroom and if someone is in the shower and someone else needs the bog (I'd be telling them to hold it) the person is in the shower so not taking up any of the floor room.

touché. i hold my ground on the teeth brushing though!

trileacman

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 12, 2010, 07:29:58 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8454802.stm
A man who shoplifted more than £6,000 of goods from Ikea including a bed and a wardrobe has been given a suspended jail sentence.

Jason Millar, 27, of Lyndhurst View Road in Belfast pleaded guilty to shoplifting from a superstore in the city on 12 separate occasions.

The offences took place between July and August 2009.

Millar was spared immediate imprisonment after the court heard of his psychiatric difficulties.

CCTV cameras captured the defendant by-passing checkouts and wheeling trolleys loaded with furniture out of the store. Prosecutors said the total value of goods stolen was £6,350.

A defence lawyer told Belfast Magistrates' Court most of the items were still in flatpacks and brought back to the retailer.

He described how some were in the defendant's car because the house could not "absorb" all of what had been stolen.

The lawyer urged against jailing his client due to what he described as the exceptional circumstances of the case.

Self-destruction

He added: "One can distinguish this man from the typical professional criminal.

"Suddenly in this period between July and August, 12 times day in, day out, these offences are carried out quite brazenly.

"This man's sense of self-destruction and fatalism hung over him at the time - this was a man begging to be caught."

The court heard Millar's mother died when he was young, and how he witnessed his brother being knocked down and killed a year later.

A close soldier friend later committed suicide with his own gun while on the phone to his parents.

Passing sentence, the judge pointed out that under normal circumstances the offences were serious enough for immediate custody.

However, she acknowledged his guilty plea and the contents of the reports.

She sentenced Millar to eight months in prison, suspended, and fined him £400. He was given another four month suspended sentence for possessing and cultivating cannabis police found when they raided his home.

I didnt know losing loved ones when you were young meant you could do what you want.
A bit of sympathy wouldn't go amiss either I'm sure. The judge would know wether this was some shitty excuse or if it should be taken into consideration. I'd hope anyway.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

pintsofguinness

Quote from: takeyourownpath on January 12, 2010, 10:55:58 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 12, 2010, 10:53:06 PM

touché. i hold my ground on the teeth brushing though!
well this is a very serious issue!  :P
I wouldnt brush my teeth with someone else in the bathroom, would you not buy a house if it was perfect in every other way because the two of you couldnt brush your teeth together?

Trileacman, sympathy maybe, but it doesnt mean he can do what he wants. Plenty of people would be in similar situations of suffering bereavement.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 12, 2010, 11:01:04 PMI wouldnt brush my teeth with someone else in the bathroom

Pints - you are an odd man  ;D

Puckoon

saw that earlier - people who do stupid things like that, well quite frankly, they deserve to take the place in death of those people who lose their lives through real accidents.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Puckoon on January 13, 2010, 12:09:52 AM
saw that earlier - people who do stupid things like that, well quite frankly, they deserve to take the place in death of those people who lose their lives through real accidents.

Quite a silly statement... but the pair of bucks are a couple of dopes, lucky dopes
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Puckoon

Not silly at all.

What if you were the passenger and you died cause the eejit in the drivers seat decided to have a bit of a laugh and drive on a frozen canal?

What if you were waiting on an emergency service that was taken up by these idiots?

Feck them. Supidity of the highest order.

pintsofguinness

What if you were part of the emergency services that had to risk your life going to the aid of these idiots.

f**k them as right.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Puckoon on January 13, 2010, 12:15:55 AM
Not silly at all.

What if you were the passenger and you died cause the eejit in the drivers seat decided to have a bit of a laugh and drive on a frozen canal?

What if you were waiting on an emergency service that was taken up by these idiots?

Feck them. Supidity of the highest order.

If I was the passenger, I would get out before that... simple as.  My point about you saying people like that deserve to take the place in death of  those people who lose their lives through real accident is...

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Puckoon

Jesus you get shit here for quoting wiki - but quoting gandalf is something Ive yet to see!

Celt_Man

Quote from: Puckoon on January 13, 2010, 12:26:11 AM
Jesus you get shit here for quoting wiki - but quoting gandalf is something Ive yet to see!

Thank you (I think ???)

In fairness Tolkien has a few gems

tyssam5

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 12, 2010, 11:33:12 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 12, 2010, 11:01:04 PMI wouldnt brush my teeth with someone else in the bathroom

Pints - you are an odd man  ;D

Have to question what else he's up to with that toothbrush.