Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 18, 2023, 03:44:50 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on August 18, 2023, 10:58:23 AM
Quote from: tintin25 on August 18, 2023, 09:26:19 AM
Alot of Loss Assessors tend to start off in Insurance companies or Loss Adjusting firms and then go out on their own.  They can serve a purpose to a degree but there's plenty of them who are pure con men all the same...but sure if it gets you your claim paid then I imagine people wouldn't care less

They are handy but I think you could probably take a decent go at it yourself

I thought that. The thing is you don't know what you don't know. Ours was great. I'd say we got 3 times what we would have got if we went direct. He put in for everything and knew what to quote on things to ensure you got enough but didn't p!ss off the insurer. Money well spent.

The same for us last year, though our insurance went up from £32 / month to £78 / month!! Some scam, and every other insurer was quoting in or around the same duento our recent claim

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JoG2 on August 18, 2023, 04:35:26 PM
Alot of Loss Assessors tend to start off in Insurance companies or Loss Adjusting firms and then go out on their own.  They can serve a purpose to a degree but there's plenty of them who are pure con men all the same...but sure if it gets you your claim paid then I imagine people wouldn't care less

I thought that. The thing is you don't know what you don't know. Ours was great. I'd say we got 3 times what we would have got if we went direct. He put in for everything and knew what to quote on things to ensure you got enough but didn't p!ss off the insurer. Money well spent.

The same for us last year, though our insurance went up from £32 / month to £78 / month!! Some scam, and every other insurer was quoting in or around the same duento our recent claim
They are c***ts. You pay into it for years and then get hammered when you claim. It should be frequent claimants getting their premium hammered not people who claim once in 20 years.

tintin25

Did they take a percentage of any cash settlement fee or did you pay them separately?

trueblue1234

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

JoG2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 18, 2023, 05:04:28 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on August 18, 2023, 04:35:26 PM

They are c***ts. You pay into it for years and then get hammered when you claim. It should be frequent claimants getting their premium hammered not people who claim once in 20 years.

Couldn't agree more, first ever claim, will now be paying the vultures back and alot more in the coming years

Saffrongael

Quote from: tintin25 on August 18, 2023, 05:50:28 PM

Did they take a percentage of any cash settlement fee or did you pay them separately?

10% of contents payout so it was in his interest to get you as much as possible
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Capt Pat

2 men in their 40s and 60s have died in an ironman triathalon in Youghal in Cork. Questions have been raised about whether the swim should have gone ahead in tough conditions.

I would question why someone in their sixties would take part in such an event. It is an ironman event and you are in your 60s. Just take it that you are not an ironman at that age and enjoy the retirement.

Milltown Row2

I've mates in their late 50's have done over ten full Ironman

This was a half and the first part, I've seen conditions worse and the swim was reduced, in one occasion it was cancelled and became just cycling and run, the first wave on that video looks bad but would need to see more of it.

Wife's friends husband did it with one leg today, their video showed water to be not too bad, but you'd be questioning it before starting

My only concern would be did they have enough boats/canoes, in lots of these races they've the strong ones go first and lesser ones in different batch
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

2 deaths is unusual. The authorities need to investigate what happened and tighten up risk management.  Any death during a public event is potentially the end of the event.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

marty34

Quote from: seafoid on August 21, 2023, 07:26:02 AM
2 deaths is unusual. The authorities need to investigate what happened and tighten up risk management.  Any death during a public event is potentially the end of the event.

Yeah, was thinking that myself.

One death bad enough but two.

Every race now will have to tighten up their risk management and have more boats in the water obviously.

Very sad indeed.

Tony Baloney

Presumably the organisers can be held liable for these deaths?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 21, 2023, 12:35:04 PM

Not sure of the circumstances, two separate incidents, someone had mentioned a medical issue, not sure if it was related to the swimming, had a heart attack or whatever, drowning would be very rare, if you are attempting something at this level you are very competent swimmer
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2023, 12:40:41 PM

Not sure of the circumstances, two separate incidents, someone had mentioned a medical issue, not sure if it was related to the swimming, had a heart attack or whatever, drowning would be very rare, if you are attempting something at this level you are very competent swimmer
It seems the swim course was halved due to poor conditions from Storm Betty but competitors said when the got into open water it wasn't too bad. If due to medical conditions then just bad luck.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 21, 2023, 12:58:27 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2023, 12:40:41 PM

It seems the swim course was halved due to poor conditions from Storm Betty but competitors said when the got into open water it wasn't too bad. If due to medical conditions then just bad luck.

Daughters ex did it and going by his posts the water was only choppy at the start.

But what you have said, seems like normal, they do that with regards to weather conditions, once its at a certain wind speed, or if the water temperature drops its either reduced or cancelled.

As this is a Ironman official competition, they have the strictest guidelines to adhere to, this isn't some "lets organise a race to earn a few bob" and do away with things to make profit, Ironman is a huge brand, shouldn't be cutting corners and if they are they'll be

Pub Bore

Quote from: Orior on August 18, 2023, 03:37:17 PM
The story of Lucy Letby is chilling.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-66180606

I'd like to really understand what motivated her, and if she had issues when she was younger.

There's a smell of a huge attempted cover up here.