Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: marty34 on August 16, 2023, 11:41:40 AM
Quote from: clarshack on August 16, 2023, 11:03:12 AM
Quote from: general_lee on August 16, 2023, 10:32:42 AM
I'd say there's a few opportunists who just need quick access to cash they don't have to pay off other debt. I refuse to believe every single person is so stupid to think they'd get away with stealing money.

Did something similar not happen before with Ulster bank?

Know of a family all on benefits that cleaned out the local atm and they got away with it.
when the bank came knocking they said that they had spent all the cash and had no way of paying it back.
the bank didn't pursue it as they probably thought it would be like trying to get blood out of a stone
but in a case such as that those people should be made to pay the money back through their benefit payments imo.

Yeah, I'd say bank just let it go.  They'll just write it off.

Making huge profits and the bank wouldn't want the PR of court cases etc. as it'd keep their tech balls up in the limelight...and they wouldn't want that.

Would they f**k.
They'd wreck their credit score and they'd pass it to a debt collection agency who hound them. Whether they'd get anything out of it, I don't know but they definitely wouldn't let it go.

AustinPowers

Quote from: trailer on August 16, 2023, 10:46:31 AM
I'd say there's a few opportunists who just need quick access to cash they don't have to pay off other debt. I refuse to believe every single person is so stupid to think they'd get away with stealing money.

Yes and they had to pay it back. Obv some people who don't care about their credit score probably didn't. These people complain how things aren't fair yet only take from society and give nothing back. BOI and others should debank them. (unbank? whatever the term is).

Why are the banks  suddenly the  good guys?  Shower  of gangsters is what  they are

marty34

Quote from: AustinPowers on August 16, 2023, 02:02:03 PM

Yes and they had to pay it back. Obv some people who don't care about their credit score probably didn't. These people complain how things aren't fair yet only take from society and give nothing back. BOI and others should debank them. (unbank? whatever the term is).

Why are the banks  suddenly the  good guys?  Shower  of gangsters is what  they are

Correct - no difference in them collecting at the ATMs and the banks.

gallsman

Who said the banks were the good guys?

Theft is theft.

clarshack

Quote from: gallsman on August 16, 2023, 03:53:40 PM

Who said the banks were the good guys?

Theft is theft.

Exactly, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

armaghniac

Someone with a bit of sense would have immediately paid off any overdue credit card bill even if put their current account in overdraft. Then ring the bank today and say that this error put you in overdraft and you'll be happy to pay off at €10 a week but you'd not be paying interest for their mistake.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: armaghniac on August 16, 2023, 04:18:38 PM
Someone with a bit of sense would have immediately paid off any overdue credit card bill even if put their current account in overdraft. Then ring the bank today and say that this error put you in overdraft and you'll be happy to pay off at €10 a week but you'd not be paying interest for their mistake.

You went wrong at "someone with a bit of sense". Unlikely many of those queuing at an ATM had much between the ears otherwise and just saw it as "free" money and everyone else was doing it.

armaghniac

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on August 16, 2023, 04:27:53 PM

You went wrong at "someone with a bit of sense". Unlikely many of those queuing at an ATM had much between the ears otherwise and just saw it as "free" money and everyone else was doing it.

I know, someone with a bit of sense wouldn't have an outstanding credit card bill anyhow.
It reminds of the good old days when a payphone would malfunction from time to time.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

AustinPowers

Quote from: armaghniac on August 16, 2023, 05:17:55 PM

I know, someone with a bit of sense wouldn't have an outstanding credit card bill anyhow.
It reminds of the good old days when a payphone would malfunction from time to time.

It's hardly. fair to criticise someone  for having. A huge credit card bill ,  considering the  way the cost of living has been

RedHand88

Quote from: AustinPowers on August 16, 2023, 06:03:48 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 16, 2023, 05:17:55 PM

It's hardly. fair to criticise someone  for having. A huge credit card bill ,  considering the  way the cost of living has been

It absolutely is.

Tony Baloney

House insurance up from £482 to £807.  >:( apparently due to climate change the robbing bastards.

marty34

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 16, 2023, 10:29:02 PM
House insurance up from £482 to £807.  >:( apparently due to climate change the robbing bastards.

That's crazy Tony.

They'll use that on everybody now.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: marty34 on August 16, 2023, 10:30:30 PM

That's crazy Tony.

They'll use that on everybody now.
Climate change and cost of materials/labour for repairs. They must be rubbing their hands.

tyssam5

I'm a bit lost as to why they bank can't go an unplug the ATMs while they sort it out.

Milltown Row2

Can you take a break from paying house insurance?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea