Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcpen

People with disabilities have very little help and are seen as an inconvenience to most, they are permanently in a battle for acceptance in society.
Parents of kids with disabilities are also in a constant fight for services that the childs needs.

A biological male wants to wear a dress and be called Jane  instead of James or wants to play on a women's sports team or compete against women in swimming, athletics etc and we are all all supposed to bend over backwards to accommodate them and not voice our opinions on them Incase we offend them.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we live in a fucked up world.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Rudi on August 10, 2023, 01:38:16 PM
https://gript.ie/distressing-video-of-police-arresting-girl-with-autism-over-homophobic-remark-goes-viral/
Story seems to be the kid was found drunk and brought home by blondie cop, then the situation escalated. How there ended up with 7 cops involved is anyones guess, as is the insertion of hate speech into the equation.

clarshack

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 10, 2023, 02:28:29 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 10, 2023, 02:24:05 PM
https://gript.ie/distressing-video-of-police-arresting-girl-with-autism-over-homophobic-remark-goes-viral/

If Helen McEntee's hate speech bill gets through I guess you will see more of these types of videos emerge in the south. Always seems to be loads of cops to arrest easy targets but never to tackle feral teenage gangs roaming the streets.

The hate speech that has been in place since 1989?

It's a new bill that replaces the 1989 one but you already know that.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: clarshack on August 10, 2023, 03:27:15 PM

If Helen McEntee's hate speech bill gets through I guess you will see more of these types of videos emerge in the south. Always seems to be loads of cops to arrest easy targets but never to tackle feral teenage gangs roaming the streets.

Amends.

But the point remains.  What has 'hate speech' got to do with the incident in Leeds? We have had 34 years of hate speech and the world hasn't stopped.

Milltown Row2

So long as the world keeps on turning
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 10, 2023, 03:29:25 PM

Amends.

But the point remains.  What has 'hate speech' got to do with the incident in Leeds? We have had 34 years of hate speech and the world hasn't stopped.

Why the need for new legislation then? What is now "hate speech" that was not before?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RedHand88

J70

Quote from: armaghniac on August 10, 2023, 03:38:35 PM

Amends.

Why the need for new legislation then? What is now "hate speech" that was not before?

Was it not to expand the coverage to account for trans and gender identity stuff?

armaghniac

Quote from: J70 on August 14, 2023, 01:02:09 PM

Amends.

Was it not to expand the coverage to account for trans and gender identity stuff?

So telling someone that they are really a man whatever they call themselves is a priority and having tourists having the shite kicked out of them is not?

J70

Quote from: armaghniac on August 14, 2023, 01:55:58 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 14, 2023, 01:02:09 PM

Amends.

So telling someone that they are really a man whatever they call themselves is a priority and having tourists having the shite kicked out of them is not?

You asked a question. I offered an answer.

I didn't comment at all on police priorities or resource deployment with respect to enforcing various laws, nor did your original question refer to it.

armaghniac

armaghniac

Bank of Ireland ATMS giving out money not in accounts. But it was debiting the account, so unauthorised overdraft charge coming up.

clarshack

Quote from: armaghniac on August 15, 2023, 11:35:01 PM
Bank of Ireland ATMS giving out money not in accounts. But it was debiting the account, so unauthorised overdraft charge coming up.

Those people queuing up are thieves.

gallsman

You'd imagine they'd be able to argue easily enough that they shouldn't be charged unauthorised overdraft fees, but they'll not be getting free money, that's for sure. I'm a bit shocked in this day and age that people actually think they'll get away with it.