Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

Quote from: J70 on June 28, 2023, 03:19:53 PM
Quote from: Rudi on June 27, 2023, 09:43:24 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 27, 2023, 09:21:50 PM
Quote from: Rudi on June 27, 2023, 01:52:28 PM
https://www.donegaldaily.com/2023/06/27/breaking-two-arrested-as-search-for-missing-person-in-sliabh-liag-continues-1/

Nasty love triangle.

Missing around Sliabh Liag??

Did someone get thrown off?

Looks like murdered first, then the body possibly thrown off. The woman spilled the beans after hospital treatment, following a car accident on the way back from SL. Mad stuff altogether.
Loads of Killybegs tourists from large cruises, deprived of visiting SL as its cordoned off.

Tourists from cruise ships!

Times have changed! I haven't been down there in probably 15 years (don't get back to Ireland very often, although we'll be there this summer). I'm told you can't drive up to the main viewing area anymore; you have to park and either walk or get a shuttle. Food trucks too apparently. I remember when you could drive all the way up and there wouldn't be a soul about. Good that they've finally seen the light on selling it because it is a stunning, awe-inspiring location. I used to bring college friends down there when they'd be visiting 20 years ago, and most of them had never heard of it. And these were Irish people.

About 15 years since I was there too & the first time was about 20 years ago. Nice enough spot, I don't think it comes as close to the Cliffs of Moher in terms of awe struck. Nice all the same, only about 3 or 4 on the trail when I was last there. By all accounts its a must destination for tourists from cruise ships.

AustinPowers

Quote from: Rudi on June 28, 2023, 04:16:07 PM
https://www.donegaldaily.com/2023/06/27/breaking-two-arrested-as-search-for-missing-person-in-sliabh-liag-continues-1/

Nasty love triangle.

Looks like murdered first, then the body possibly thrown off. The woman spilled the beans after hospital treatment, following a car accident on the way back from SL. Mad stuff altogether.
Loads of Killybegs tourists from large cruises, deprived of visiting SL as its cordoned off.

Times have changed! I haven't been down there in probably 15 years (don't get back to Ireland very often, although we'll be there this summer). I'm told you can't drive up to the main viewing area anymore; you have to park and either walk or get a shuttle. Food trucks too apparently. I remember when you could drive all the way up and there wouldn't be a soul about. Good that they've finally seen the light on selling it because it is a stunning, awe-inspiring location. I used to bring college friends down there when they'd be visiting 20 years ago, and most of them had never heard of it. And these were Irish people.

About 15 years since I was there too & the first time was about 20 years ago. Nice enough spot, I don't think it comes as close to the Cliffs of Moher in terms of awe struck. Nice all the same, only about 3 or 4 on the trail when I was last there. By all accounts its a must destination for tourists from cruise ships.

I actually thought  Sliabh League was  more impressive than the   cliffs of Moher.  But neither  come close to Dun Aonghas  on Inishmore .  Now they were breathtaking!

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: Rudi on June 28, 2023, 04:16:07 PM

Nasty love triangle.

Sliabh Liag cliffs are much higher than the cliffs of  Moher. But the Cailleach lives above the Cliffs of Moher.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Eire90 on July 01, 2023, 07:53:39 PM
https://m.independent.ie/regionals/wexford/wexford-district/wexford-kids-as-young-as-10-being-searched-robbed-and-assaulted-as-youngsters-hold-the-whole-town-to-ransom/a1721430725.html

so one teenager wholes a whole town  to ransom, what is going on in this country.
There was similar happening in Armagh a few weeks ago. A wee piece of shit who comes from a family of vermin, and a few cronies, were intimidating young lads waiting on buses after school when the senior school were off for exams. He punched and broke the nose of one fella outside. This went on daily but the fellas, many of whom could fill this lad in without breaking sweat, were told not to touch him due to his family connections. He obviously fed off that power as he's too young to get clattered by anyone over 18.

Capt Pat

2 students from the same school in Dublin didn't make it back from their post leaving cert holiday as they passed away. Both were students at private St Michaels college. The cause of death has not been revealed in either case.

NotedObserver

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 02, 2023, 06:52:14 PM
2 students from the same school in Dublin didn't make it back from their post leaving cert holiday as they passed away. Both were students at private St Michaels college. The cause of death has not been revealed in either case.

Had this made the news?

pbat

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 02, 2023, 06:52:14 PM

Looks like two totally unconnected incidents

Rudi

Quote from: TabClear on July 03, 2023, 07:51:31 AM
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/woman-abandons-daughter-5-majorca-30375138

Unbelievable

This kind of thing happens very often. Clearly the mother is very unhappy & in no current state to take care of her child. Loads of neglected kids up & down the country. Some single parents are struggling, fall off the wagon & turn to drink & sometimes drugs. Its all around us. Some of those kids turn out the best, some kids with great supportive parents turn out bad. Thats the cycle of life.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rudi on July 03, 2023, 08:19:59 AM
Quote from: TabClear on July 03, 2023, 07:51:31 AM
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/woman-abandons-daughter-5-majorca-30375138

Unbelievable

This kind of thing happens very often. Clearly the mother is very unhappy & in no current state to take care of her child. Loads of neglected kids up & down the country. Some single parents are struggling, fall off the wagon & turn to drink & sometimes drugs. Its all around us. Some of those kids turn out the best, some kids with great supportive parents turn out bad. Thats the cycle of life.

Unfortunately you don't need to pass a test or get a license to be a parent
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rudi

Quote from: Rudi on June 28, 2023, 04:11:16 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on June 28, 2023, 12:38:20 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on June 28, 2023, 12:23:25 PM

Nasty love triangle.

what is the jist of this?
[/quote

Both parties have been released without charge??

Dont want to say too much, its pretty grim. The reason for release, was due to expired time of detention. Will likely be rearrested & charged. Drink drugs & unsolicited advances & thinking rationally are not a good combination.

https://www.donegaldaily.com/2023/07/03/breaking-body-recovered-from-water-at-slieve-league/

RedHand88

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-66100178

The daughter of Capt Sir Tom Moore has been told to knock down an unauthorised building used as a spa after a planning application was rejected.

Hannah Ingram-Moore and her husband used the Captain Tom Foundation name on the first plans for the building, with later revised plans turned down.

The charity is also no longer taking donations or making payments due to an ongoing inquiry into its finances.