Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: pbat on April 09, 2023, 01:42:35 PM
Unfortunately this is a lot more common than people think, Jemar Hall gets a serious hard time from Armagh fans and there are racial undertones to it. He might not be the greatest county player out there but he is judged differently that other Armagh players.
You might not hear it in the grounds as the hard men haven't the balls to say it there but I have heard it plenty in the pubs of South Armagh.
Yeah have heard it myself plenty and have pulled lads on it before. A disgrace. Not that it matters but he is one of the nicest lads you'll meet.

Armagh18

Quote from: trailer on April 12, 2023, 11:39:06 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 12, 2023, 11:22:31 AM
On the subject of parents the parents of a lot of those young ones out on the streets in Derry have a lot to answer for too. The size of some of those kids  ???

Parents probably putting them up to it. On Twitter and elsewhere you get the shithead apologist about poverty and lack of opportunities. At this moment in time if you walk into any Restaurant, Pub, Shop, building site and ask for a job you'll get one. Jobs that require minimal skill other than getting up in the morning. These people are the product of generational wasters. Their parents were dole merchants and they'll be the same. Absolutely no excuse for what was going on. It was recreational rioting and nothing more.
Well said. Other than exceptional circumstances there are very few excuses for not having some sort of work today.

AustinPowers

I have no  idea who  Rob Kearney is , but fair play  to him for beating the   hell out of  the Black and Tans  ;D

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 12, 2023, 12:38:34 PM
Unfortunately this is a lot more common than people think, Jemar Hall gets a serious hard time from Armagh fans and there are racial undertones to it. He might not be the greatest county player out there but he is judged differently that other Armagh players.
You might not hear it in the grounds as the hard men haven't the balls to say it there but I have heard it plenty in the pubs of South Armagh.
Yeah have heard it myself plenty and have pulled lads on it before. A disgrace. Not that it matters but he is one of the nicest lads you'll meet.

Jesus, never heard that before as a problem. I sometime question his suitability but never heard anything relating to any racial shit. That's appalling.

RedHand88

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 13, 2023, 10:09:36 AM

Jesus, never heard that before as a problem. I sometime question his suitability but never heard anything relating to any racial shit. That's appalling.

GAA crowds are as bad as any sport. Arguably worse. Cavan ones were singing "I'd rather be a P*** than Westmeath" at last years Tailteann Cup final.

Just imagine that happening in any other sport. It would be national news.

Armagh18

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 13, 2023, 11:31:53 AM

GAA crowds are as bad as any sport. Arguably worse. Cavan ones were singing "I'd rather be a P*** than Westmeath" at last years Tailteann Cup final.

Never heard anyone shouting at matches now, would be more general shite talk in pubs etc.

Fair play to the Wexford lads in the video, straight over challenging the gobshite in the crowd

J70

Last time I heard that chant was literally 30 years ago at the 1993 Dublin v Meath Leinster semi-final, when Meath supporters in the Canal End were singing it aimed at the Dubs.

What the hell is wrong with these people?

Mr. Nakata

What's the missing word? I genuinely do not now...pakistani man, priest, pig, police, paedophile, prodestant, plumber

CK_Redhand

It's a chant I associate with rangers fans. Never heard it at a GAA match

RedHand88

Quote from: CK_Redhand on April 13, 2023, 01:30:35 PM
It's a chant I associate with rangers fans. Never heard it at a GAA match

I've heard it a few times. I've also heard stuff aimed at Jason Sherlock. It 100% happens in GAA. Anyone who says it doesn't has their head in the sand.

yellowcard

GAA crowds are merely reflective of society as a whole but it's very disappointing to think that anybody who was brought up through a GAA club and who was potentially educated at school alongside other ethnic minorities would engage in racist singing. In my experience the older generations are more ignorant and less tolerant of ethnic minorities than younger people for that very reason.   

marty34

Usually clowns that are on a bus sing these songs.

Drinking culture on the bus...then they head to the highest spot on Hill 16.

Clowns.

gallsman

Quote from: marty34 on April 13, 2023, 01:39:48 PM
Usually clowns that are on a bus sing these songs.

Drinking culture on the bus...then they head to the highest spot on Hill 16.

Clowns.

Kidding yourself that it's to do with groups or amount of drink taken. There's plenty of racism and bigotry throughout Irish society. The Wylies were abused as prods for years. Aaron Cunningham for plenty of it.

As much as we all love and romanticise the GAA, in and of itself and it's members, it's no different to the rest of society. It's not some magical protection against all the ills of the day.

Orior

I've been to many many matches are never heard anything untoward.

That said, if I did hear any racial slurs then I would be giving the culprit an earful.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

gallsman

Quote from: Orior on April 13, 2023, 07:28:55 PM
I've been to many many matches are never heard anything untoward.

That said, if I did hear any racial slurs then I would be giving the culprit an earful.

Ultimately, that means nothing. What % of people who attend matches (in whatever code) hear abuse? What are the odds of the average punter going to a match around the country and hearing something? Nobody is suggesting a majority of Irish people or GAA members are racist. One incident is one too many.