Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Gmac on February 08, 2023, 03:24:42 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 08, 2023, 02:44:49 PM
Well he can't ruin what already exists.

Could work. Basil was angry at the changing world in the 70s and how he felt he wasn't getting his due. That attitude is around, on steroids, this last decade.
maybe the conman Irish builder is still ok but the rest of the comedy won't survive in today's world

Always the victim Gmac! ;D

His often violent treatment of Manuel obviously wouldn't be stood for in any setting these days, but there was plenty of it that could still work given that so often Basil was the moron who was played off against fairly normal people.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on February 08, 2023, 04:07:05 PM

Could work. Basil was angry at the changing world in the 70s and how he felt he wasn't getting his due. That attitude is around, on steroids, this last decade.
maybe the conman Irish builder is still ok but the rest of the comedy won't survive in today's world

His often violent treatment of Manuel obviously wouldn't be stood for in any setting these days, but there was plenty of it that could still work given that so often Basil was the moron who was played off against fairly normal people.

I'd a crush on Polly!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gabriel_Hurl

The CGI they used for Jimmy Nesbitt in the first scene of S2 of Bloodlands  ;D

pbat

The phase "clutch player" or "clutch moment"  >:(

gallsman

Quote from: Look-Up! on February 18, 2022, 01:27:06 PM
Quote from: laoislad on February 18, 2022, 08:53:30 AM
Quote from: Hound on February 18, 2022, 08:32:02 AM
The Caitriona Carey story is unreal

https://www.rte.ie/news/investigations-unit/2022/0217/1281521-the-lavish-spending-by-the-firm-that-conned-homeowners/

She is plain and simply a thief, who should be put behind bars for a long time and all her assets confiscated by CAB to repay some of the stolen funds. However, wouldn't hold my breath that it will work out like that.
Totally mad alright. How's she think she'd get away with it. DJ is no saint either.
She's a well known wrong one apparently. Been getting away a long time now. Was in business with DJ at one stage but stole ALOT of money off him so parted ways - that was the word on the street around Kilkenny few years back anyway.

Ahem!

David McKeown

For Christmas the whole family got Fawlty Towers Dinning Experience reservations for tonight.  I am very much looking forward to it having done it once before about 12 years ago
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Orior

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 08, 2023, 04:08:06 PM

I'd a crush on Polly!!

I had a crush on Sybil
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

From the Bunker

Quote from: Orior on February 11, 2023, 10:28:41 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 08, 2023, 04:08:06 PM

I'd a crush on Polly!!

I had a crush on Sybil

Sybil is listed as 34 years old as seen on her medical chart in the 1975 episode "The Germans", presumably indicating she was born in 1941. Scales was 43 years old when Fawlty Towers began production.

smort

WTF is going on, with now 3, UFOs being shot down in the past week or so!?

China?
Russia?
Dare I say extraterrestrial?

LeoMc

Quote from: smort on February 11, 2023, 11:29:52 PM
WTF is going on, with now 3, UFOs being shot down in the past week or so!?

China?
Russia?
Dare I say extraterrestrial?
Have they not been identified as balloons?
IFO's.

AustinPowers

I hope he  went to the toilet before he put that on

Attention seeking  freak

Turf

What's sad is there will be people applauding him for wearing such shite saying how brave he is or some nonsense like that.