Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Can't understand why it wasn't a murder charge, them lads deliberately stalked that man. And why is 50% remission still in force  here. Do the crime, do the time, 3and 4 yrs for (I call it murder, not manslaughter) is shocking. But this place long by normal. Sentencing guidelines like everything else needs serious overhaul!

Wildweasel74

Apparently the Dungiven bypass will not be open for a long time. Long by a farce at this stage. The bridge at Claudy has moved, and little work been done on the whole length of the motor way. These contracts not got delayed damages clause?

markl121

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 09, 2023, 10:41:24 PM
Apparently the Dungiven bypass will not be open for a long time. Long by a farce at this stage. The bridge at Claudy has moved, and little work been done on the whole length of the motor way. These contracts not got delayed damages clause?
What is the hold up? heard different things but nothing definitive.

An Watcher

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 09, 2023, 10:38:43 PM
Can't understand why it wasn't a murder charge, them lads deliberately stalked that man. And why is 50% remission still in force  here. Do the crime, do the time, 3and 4 yrs for (I call it murder, not manslaughter) is shocking. But this place long by normal. Sentencing guidelines like everything else needs serious overhaul!

Yeah, surely premeditated as well.  Scumbags

BrotherMore6592

Whipping out the old NEC contracts knowledge ehh. With the cowboys in this part of the country I'd be surprised if the contract was even printed off once

Milltown Row2

Quote from: markl121 on January 09, 2023, 10:42:49 PM
What is the hold up? heard different things but nothing definitive.

Contractors not getting paid? It's the work on the central reservation having parts issues? Pure pain in the hole, Casement will be built first
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

I hear there was movement with the bridge at Claudy. No metal for crash barriers, off roads uncompleted. Contractor looking more money. Not a contract seems to be enforced in this part of the world.

armaghniac

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 09, 2023, 11:27:01 PM
I hear there was movement with the bridge at Claudy. No metal for crash barriers, off roads uncompleted. Contractor looking more money. Not a contract seems to be enforced in this part of the world.

After some f**king about twenty years ago at least the Freestate managed to get the roads built in a fairly organised way afterwards.
Mind you, the northern crowd seem to lose the run of themselves the further west they go, the A8 to Larne was completed on budget. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armagh18

Quote from: An Watcher on January 09, 2023, 10:34:52 PM
Fellas getting 3 and 4 years for murdering a homeless man in maghera.  A minimum of ten should have been the starting point
thought it was lenient enough. Maybe the fact they were underage at the time played a part

imtommygunn

Same with the boy on the Ravenhill road, Belfast, who killed two people drunk driving. Hugely lenient I would have thought. I think he was 2 or 3 years?

Kidder81

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 10, 2023, 07:49:56 AM
Same with the boy on the Ravenhill road, Belfast, who killed two people drunk driving. Hugely lenient I would have thought. I think he was 2 or 3 years?

3 years in jail, I think the same on licence and then deportation to Romania at the end of his jail sentence so the licence period would be irrelevant.

imtommygunn

I didn't realise the license period and deportation part. The speed he was going at wasn't actually that fast - it was in the 30s. Just shows you.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 10, 2023, 07:49:56 AM

2 1/2 years in the clink, another 2 years on license but then I think he gets deported back to Romania.

Killed his mate and the lad in the taxi coming from the rugby so very lenient IMO as well.

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on January 09, 2023, 11:55:09 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 09, 2023, 11:27:01 PM

After some f**king about twenty years ago at least the Freestate managed to get the roads built in a fairly organised way afterwards.
Mind you, the northern crowd seem to lose the run of themselves the further west they go, the A8 to Larne was completed on budget. 
The roads and the railways are a joke in the North. It's as if they are members of the Orange Order.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

They're a joke west of the bann but not the rest of it. It's clear why that is though.