Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

grounded

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 27, 2022, 02:53:50 PM
Quote from: grounded on October 27, 2022, 10:22:30 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on October 26, 2022, 05:15:15 PM
Quote from: general_lee on October 26, 2022, 05:11:39 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on October 26, 2022, 04:13:57 PM
https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/young-man-who-stabbed-killed-28333501?fbclid=IwAR3IUH9LvUgGBOStnnosfcBx2lBDQsLujSSrbS1k3OYJDqJENaWrJBXPK1k#l9prxofeyw8mzexf67e

Thought it was waterford whispers news for a second. What an absolute sc**bag of a judge.
Who keeps a knife by their bed?

There's more to this than meets the eye methinks..

The fact that he is a moderate risk of violent reoffending in the future, would also cause you to think that way.

Is that determination simply based on the killing of the intruder though?

I think you are right;

It was outlined how Justice McDermott received a number of reports in relation to Kerrie, including a probation report which assessed him as being at 'moderate risk of violent offending in the future if the risk factors for this were not addressed in a meaningful way.'

He said according to the report, Kerrie was still not capable of identifying what alternative course of action he could have taken, as opposed to stabbing Mr. Power.

https://www.wlrfm.com/news/dean-kerrie-sentence-274646

David McKeown

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 27, 2022, 07:33:52 PM
https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/hunter-mcgleenon-sharyar-ali-sentenced-25366095?fbclid=IwAR1lfyauHUghX6FAtggz_Mr4BmVMRqXSpk8wIFOn21w3P0Ig8TXcKNJ0wfM

13 years. A joke

He didn't get 13 years. He got a life sentence. 13 years is the tariff. That is to say he can not apply for parole (apply not get) for 13 years. After that period he still won't get parole until he can satisfy the independent parole commissioners that he is either no longer a risk of serious harm (almost impossible) or that his risk can be managed (very difficult). The average in NI is for prisoners to served something like 8 years post tariff before they get parole. Even then he will remain subject to life licence and therefore liable to recall to prison for life.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Armagh18

Quote from: Saffrongael on October 27, 2022, 07:45:35 PM
https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/hunter-mcgleenon-sharyar-ali-sentenced-25366095?fbclid=IwAR1lfyauHUghX6FAtggz_Mr4BmVMRqXSpk8wIFOn21w3P0Ig8TXcKNJ0wfM

13 years. A joke

I see the PPS are considering appealing the sentence as unduly lenient
I'm usually against the death penalty but what is the point in that bastard living? No doubt he will end up on the VP wing with the pedos and other low lives.

imtommygunn

Therese Coffey. The woman is an imbecile. What do you do for the environment? I use permanent cups.

nrico2006

Quote from: Redhand Santa on October 27, 2022, 02:50:46 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on October 27, 2022, 01:47:24 PM
Quote from: general_lee on October 27, 2022, 10:16:18 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on October 26, 2022, 08:38:39 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on October 26, 2022, 07:25:54 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on October 26, 2022, 06:25:29 PM
Quote from: general_lee on October 26, 2022, 05:11:39 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on October 26, 2022, 04:13:57 PM
https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/young-man-who-stabbed-killed-28333501?fbclid=IwAR3IUH9LvUgGBOStnnosfcBx2lBDQsLujSSrbS1k3OYJDqJENaWrJBXPK1k#l9prxofeyw8mzexf67e

Thought it was waterford whispers news for a second. What an absolute sc**bag of a judge.
Who keeps a knife by their bed?
Do most people not keep something under the bed in case the worst happens? Probably a smart idea to start.

I always keep something nearby to be honest.  Does it matter where he got the knife from anyway, the fact is a man intent on violence broke into his house and he sorted it out.  Disgraceful judgement.
Yeah. For me anyone that breaks into your house loses all rights. The lad was 17 at the time if I'm reading it right as well
So you're saying people have a right to kill others so long as it's part of a break in? What level of violence, if any, is needed before you should be legally entitled to kill them? Are you Derek Chauvin?

Also he got like 3 years, including time on remand, how's that disgraceful!?
Did you actually just type that out haha my god. They're nowhere near the same thing.
You don't have a right to kill anybody, but he defended himself and his home at a split second heat of the moment. He's hardly gonna ask the burglar to politely to turn around and go back out the front door is he ;D

If I picked it up right it wasn't a burgarly. He broke into the house after a nights drinking because he thought the boy inside had damaged his car. So I'm assuming they knew each other and had history? If so probably not just as straight forward as someone defending themselves against a random intruder trying to rob the place.

That makes more of a case for threat to life then.  Robbers can hurt people, but primary motive is gaining things of value.  This fella went looking to hurt the child in the house and whatever happened after that is his own fault.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

nrico2006

Quote from: David McKeown on October 27, 2022, 08:12:06 PM

13 years. A joke

He didn't get 13 years. He got a life sentence. 13 years is the tariff. That is to say he can not apply for parole (apply not get) for 13 years. After that period he still won't get parole until he can satisfy the independent parole commissioners that he is either no longer a risk of serious harm (almost impossible) or that his risk can be managed (very difficult). The average in NI is for prisoners to served something like 8 years post tariff before they get parole. Even then he will remain subject to life licence and therefore liable to recall to prison for life.

The average sentence for murder should be every last day of their life behind bars - simple and consistent.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Armagh18

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 28, 2022, 10:26:29 AM

13 years. A joke

The average sentence for murder should be every last day of their life behind bars - simple and consistent.
Especially in circumstances like this.

nrico2006

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 28, 2022, 10:34:21 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on October 28, 2022, 10:26:29 AM

13 years. A joke

Especially in circumstances like this.

In every circumstance too. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 28, 2022, 09:19:12 AM
Therese Coffey. The woman is an imbecile. What do you do for the environment? I use permanent cups.

There is bound to be a photo of her somewhere using a plastic cup!! Give it time lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Not one f**k could that woman give - not one!

imtommygunn

QuoteHappy Mondays star Bez: On-the-run IRA man gave me cocaine in Brazil at a party for Ronnie Biggs

That's a headline in belfast telegraph. Can't find the link now...

RedHand88

Matt Hancock to go on I'm a celebrity, get me out of here.

Yes, really.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63471923

Tyrdub

"Bounty hunters may have their work cut out this Christmas, after chocolate manufacturer Mars Wrigley said it would be eliminating the sweet from some of its tubs."

probably on my own here but wtf???? My favourites

RedHand88

Quote from: Tyrdub on November 03, 2022, 01:36:27 PM
"Bounty hunters may have their work cut out this Christmas, after chocolate manufacturer Mars Wrigley said it would be eliminating the sweet from some of its tubs."

probably on my own here but wtf???? My favourites

Not alone. I'd take a bounty over a twix any day.